Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aza088
Go Patto Yeah baby.

And i thought this is the serpent 966 thread and that has nothing to do with you how?????
What you drive an Xray now?????
apparantely anything bar a Serpent. but lets move on, this is a thread about the car, not about anyone person, shop , or country. this is WORLD WIDE BABY .
Old 07-26-2011, 02:56 AM
Tech Elite

Azza... you making the trip to Brendale this week ? and what about Bartz ?
if you guys are going, Best of luck, and bring home the Bacon.
Old 07-26-2011, 03:41 AM
Tech Elite

Serpent has now released the TE on their site now.
http://www.serpent.com/product/903010/
Old 07-26-2011, 06:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
hahhaha u idiot. ignorance is bliss...............
Stay away from my post stupid,,,

& Pissed off Moron!
Old 07-26-2011, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Guys, you can see the Admiral way that a brother of a shop that is highly represented on these forums, can carry on. this isnt great representation of not only a racing Team, or for his brother, or for Serpent in general.

What i think is great, is that Kamakaze supports his racers/ customers, has great representation at the track, and does do alot for the local racing in general. i will not take all that hard work away from anyone.

But if you wish to have an agenda to your posts, to lure people to ones brothers shop, i do believe that that is very commercial in nature, and i believe Kamakaze has their own Shop thread some where on this forum.

all that was asked was a question about why so cheap, then some one steps sideways and bypasses the real truth, which today became aware to all.

We are all here to help one another with the Product, and share knowledge that one has. gone are the days where one can ask a Top level driver questions, and get great down to earth answers and reasons to why. i believe the absence of DJ Apolaro from serpent has hurt this. This is one person who is down to Earth, easy to talk to, and generally a great help to the product and everyone involved. i know Poalo get on from time to time, but DJ is greatly Missed.

if someone can get over themselves and carry on like a normal human being, then maybe things can get back to normal, and the knowledge of the new TE car can shine through and then world wide results may follow .

So lets just try Sherman, just try.........

Last edited by Pattojnr; 07-26-2011 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:07 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

They can advertise but they shouldn't be spamming the forums promoting sales
Old 07-26-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok back on track,

The 966TE is a amazing car, im a Team driver and have had the opportunity to have one since the worlds. With all of the new goodies you will notice a better handling car that turns faster laps than any other Serpent car produced.

You can make this car work on any track or racing surface, i wish we would have had more time with it before the worlds, so we could show its true pace.

If you are in the market for a new 1/8th you will not be disappointed whit this one.
Old 07-26-2011, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShermanSim
The only thing you need in your car to be a team edition is the Floating radio tray...
come by the shop and check out my car,,,,
Okay so I'm just a radio plate shy of the TE version but it doesn't have the Evo rear end or the new SL8 tranny.

I appreciate all the suspension and radio plate mods because I have seen how it dramatically improved my lap times. However I'm not seeing how the SL8 would be beneficial to me. I know before I can even consider putting on the SL8, I have to upgrade to the Evo bulkheads. Not sure if the advantages of the SL8 are worth all that expense.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Okay so I'm just a radio plate shy of the TE version but it doesn't have the Evo rear end or the new SL8 tranny.

I appreciate all the suspension and radio plate mods because I have seen how it dramatically improved my lap times. However I'm not seeing how the SL8 would be beneficial to me. I know before I can even consider putting on the SL8, I have to upgrade to the Evo bulkheads. Not sure if the advantages of the SL8 are worth all that expense.
I agree I was skeptical of the SL8 tranny but I've run it for 3 races and am real happy with it - think some of my local 966 runners are going to soon get a good deal on spur gears and spares for the original tranny.
Old 07-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default SL8

Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I agree I was skeptical of the SL8 tranny but I've run it for 3 races and am real happy with it - think some of my local 966 runners are going to soon get a good deal on spur gears and spares for the original tranny.
Rick, I have also been running it with good results. Do you know where I can get the e-clips for the shaft ? Serpent is currently out of them.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CharlieJunkins
Rick, I have also been running it with good results. Do you know where I can get the e-clips for the shaft ? Serpent is currently out of them.
Yeah it's a size that I did not have - boy was I careful on the first day with that stupid clip - ordered them from McMaster Carr - think they were about $8 or $9 per hundred.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Congrats guys, good job.
Originally Posted by J-MAN
Awesome Paolo!
Originally Posted by jdesotojr
+1. Congrats Paolo! Awesome Job!
Originally Posted by Doug M
Way to go Paolo, congrats on your TQ and Win at Time Zone Raceway!

The trophy girl goes in my office.
haha looks like she is now firmly attatched to his radio ! oh Paolo ,Winners are grinners, or are you happy with your new radio ( 2 extra dials to play with) ? haha Well done.
Originally Posted by xtremes
Congratulations, Paolo ! you're the man !
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
Congrats Paolo
Originally Posted by Jamie Corrado
Congrats on your win Paolo!
Awesome work.
Thank you guys, car was really good!!
Old 07-26-2011, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guys, i know we all miss DJ, he had the time and patience to devote to this forum. He is now doing the same for Capricorn.

I will try my best to come on Rctech more often and exchange information.

I will try to be as helpful as i can

Thanks

Paolo
Old 07-26-2011, 02:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Paolo call me if you have time.
Old 07-26-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Guys, i know we all miss DJ, he had the time and patience to devote to this forum. He is now doing the same for Capricorn.

I will try my best to come on Rctech more often and exchange information.

I will try to be as helpful as i can

Thanks

Paolo
Just wanted to thank you for helping me out at the Timezone grandprix over the weekend with my 966 .I took the info that you gave me and tweeked a little for my driving style and the car was greatly improved ...I just got a little nervous during my main and let the bump up postion slip from me .

I think we as racers have to know when to approach top drivers during a race .I found all in your group to be great abassadors and hope that you all come back for another round as the Canadian westcoast Serpent team will be back for another challenge with more drivers .

One of our drivers acutally made the bump to the A main for nitro touring car.
It will be something we in our group will be talking about for a long time

You guys got class .Keep up the good work

P.S. Congrats on the win (sweet victory)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.