Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I call it that cause their is no room for error if your too close on the left its gonna bite and bite you hard. You'll see.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
I call it that cause their is no room for error if your too close on the left its gonna bite and bite you hard. You'll see.
oh ok got you!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

966 update after some intense racing so far I got my money's worth & finally had to change my belts & pulley's this past weekend
Feb-Winternat's 4 days of racing
March Florida state Race 2.5 days
Test & tune local club track motor breakin 1/2 day
April Florida State race 2.5 days
The 966 has taken a lot of abuse & has been the most durable car I've owned with only needing to change the roll center bushings from normal wear & tear.
Good luck to all this upcoming season & look forward to seeing those that will be attending the Capitol Classics in June
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default 966-Brushless Conversion

Photos of one of my 966 going Brushless.
Attached Thumbnails Serpent 966-pictures-095.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-103.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-098.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-092.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-097.jpg  

Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Got the grip
Jeff,
That is very nice!
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Got the grip
nice something to think about
Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by captian
ha ha tommy got your max yet !!! want to borrow one
they just came in,, MONDAY ..and no thanx ,, but you can follow mine if you want ...LOL...
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan
agreed, kinda better for touring,,hopefully they will OPEN it up in the season..if its truelly a 'death spot'
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

i received my 966 upgrade kit . well i have an opinion about it.

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok
Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by new3

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok
New3, first of all thanks for giving a chance to the 966. You will be not disappointed. Regarding your comments, i agree iwth most of them but i don't understand point number 4.

My adobe is glitching and i cannot modidy the editable setup to post it here. will get a new program. In the mean time you and all the 966 owners are welcome to send me an e-mail so i can forward you the latest setup we are running. We went today and test some more setup options at homestead and we were able to get the car even better, faster and easier..

Pelase send me an e-mail at [email protected] and will forward the setup for chassis and clutch
Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Tech Rookie

Answer to your:
# 2 comment = Well if you are smart enough, you should have known that the 966 conversion kit is made for an 08 960 car, sets up like a 08' 960 and not for the 07.

# 3 = again the set up is exactly like the 960 08'.

# 4 = who said you need to hack the upper arms and the lower arms, it comes with spacers that you move around just like you are adjusting the front caster and shortening the wheelbase like the front lower arm .

It is disappointing to you because you are not smart enough, bad taste in your mouth? try some strong mouthwash, that will help everybody else is happy with the car except dumb people like you.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JL RACING
Answer to your:
# 2 comment = Well if you are smart enough, you should have known that the 966 conversion kit is made for an 08 960 car, sets up like a 08' 960 and not for the 07.

# 3 = again the set up is exactly like the 960 08'.

# 4 = who said you need to hack the upper arms and the lower arms, it comes with spacers that you move around just like you are adjusting the front caster and shortening the wheelbase like the front lower arm .

It is disappointing to you because you are not smart enough, bad taste in your mouth? try some strong mouthwash, that will help everybody else is happy with the car except dumb people like you.
well maybe you didnt notice but the 07 car also was upgraded to the 08 car with an update kit which i also purchased. and with it you do not receive the new 2 speed shaft pulley. unlike you when there is an upgrade kit i purchase it as oppose to uying a new kit. that makes more affordable to me than buying new kits all the time. my guess the next car the 966.10 will also have an upgrade where they will make the front with new aluminum bulk heads with the same rear end. this is the only logical next evolution to the car.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Paolo M
New3, first of all thanks for giving a chance to the 966. You will be not disappointed. Regarding your comments, i agree iwth most of them but i don't understand point number 4.

My adobe is glitching and i cannot modidy the editable setup to post it here. will get a new program. In the mean time you and all the 966 owners are welcome to send me an e-mail so i can forward you the latest setup we are running. We went today and test some more setup options at homestead and we were able to get the car even better, faster and easier..

Pelase send me an e-mail at [email protected] and will forward the setup for chassis and clutch
thank you paolo i appreciate your willingness to hear about some complaint that i have. BTW #4 has to do with running the rear end full short. when you do this the 2 speed gears hit the lower a-arm. they have to be grounded make clearance. also the upper arms have to be grounded to make clearance for the rear swaybar. it is a nice adjustment. it gives a car a tighter turning radius without making the rear of the car loose. you can email me at [email protected]. this is an observation not a complaint. there will be other people with this car that will run into these problems. i believe that these orums is where to voice the problems to try to get them solved not only for me but for everybody that happens to be using this car. i would expect that if there was given adjustment that if i decided to try it that i would be able to use it. thank you for your concern and i will be waiting for your email.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

#1My conversion came with instructions.

#2 It is logical that you have the 960 08 if you’re converting to the 966.

#3 My setup is exactly the same as it was with my 08. If you had read the interview with Michael Salven you would know that the geometry doesn’t change on the 966, its exactly the same.

#4 You don’t have to hack anything up, Im not sure what you’re talking about. The conversion comes with washers for the lower and upper arms. You know, those thin orange circle thingies?
Old 04-12-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by captian
ya the good old nyc
What part of NYC if you dont mind me asking? Which hobby shop do you go to? Part of what killed my interest way back was that good hobby shops were hard to come by or they would close down, and the ones that were open were just filled with arrogant jerks that you couldnt ask them a single thing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.