R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #1051
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KostaG View Post
I was the lucky one!!!
Sure...rub it in!
__________________
1968 Camaro: 1:1, 5.3L LM7, Complete Restoration in Progress
SC10 Brushless
RC10B64 Club Racer
sdphilips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:15 PM   #1052
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have a rollout chart drafted?

I cant seem to find one online. The mugen kit used to come with a printed worksheet for 1st and 2nd gear.

Help I dont want to make on in excel!

Thanks
Jamie
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 02:50 PM   #1053
Tech Master
 
Doug M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post
Anyone have a rollout chart drafted?

I cant seem to find one online. The mugen kit used to come with a printed worksheet for 1st and 2nd gear.

Help I dont want to make on in excel!

Thanks
Jamie
Try this drive calculator that you can download from Serpent. Here is the link.

http://www.serpent.com/product/903009/downloads/
Doug M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #1054
Tech Adept
 
Scott Kimbrow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 110
Default

Just wanted to let everyone know that myself, Jim Adkins, and Rich Browne will be heading to the Motonica Grand Prix in Las Vegas next Friday and you can follow our progress along with as much race info as I can post on our new Serpent America blog!

www.serpentamerica.blogspot.com

Good Luck to everyone attending the race!
__________________
Serpent / Serpent America / Novarossi / Spektrum / Xceed Tires / Tornado Fuel / Empire Racing / Protoform / Thunder Power / Avid Bearings / A-main Hobbies / Dynamite
Scott Kimbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 12:28 PM   #1055
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Kimbrow View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that myself, Jim Adkins, and Rich Browne will be heading to the Motonica Grand Prix in Las Vegas next Friday and you can follow our progress along with as much race info as I can post on our new Serpent America blog!

www.serpentamerica.blogspot.com

Good Luck to everyone attending the race!
Cool Scott, thanks for letting us know.

Good luck!

Man, i remember racing 1/10 pan car oval on that track many years ago, even announced at a 1/4 scale race there. Great memories.

Scott
__________________
1968 Camaro: 1:1, 5.3L LM7, Complete Restoration in Progress
SC10 Brushless
RC10B64 Club Racer
sdphilips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:05 PM   #1056
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Anyone know the final drive ratio for the 966?

Thanks
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:13 PM   #1057
Tech Addict
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post
Anyone know the final drive ratio for the 966?

Thanks
Just run whatever you ran last weekend...LOL. Your car was dialed bro.

Gael
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:53 AM   #1058
Tech Elite
 
J.Gonzalez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: connecticut
Posts: 2,409
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G View Post
Just run whatever you ran last weekend...LOL. Your car was dialed bro.

Gael
Thanks!

I am bummed I had a mechanical failure in the warmup for the final. Second gear pinion just shattered.

My car was even better in the warmup than it had been all day with the cooler air and track temperature. Going for the 23 lap pace next week!

See you next weekend and good luck at Floyd this week.

Your 733 looked real strong in qualy last week. Tq or bust next week for Serpent in both classes!
J.Gonzalez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 AM   #1059
Tech Addict
 
Gael L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: LI, NY
Posts: 736
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by senna555 View Post
Thanks!

I am bummed I had a mechanical failure in the warmup for the final. Second gear pinion just shattered.

My car was even better in the warmup than it had been all day with the cooler air and track temperature. Going for the 23 lap pace next week!

See you next weekend and good luck at Floyd this week.

Your 733 looked real strong in qualy last week. Tq or bust next week for Serpent in both classes!
I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks so I will miss the Floyd race and the next Chaplin race but I can't wait to get back. I We are chasing DJ's 21 lap run

Good Luck
Gael
Gael L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2010, 05:34 AM   #1060
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killa G View Post
I will be out of town for the next 2 weeks so I will miss the Floyd race and the next Chaplin race but I can't wait to get back. I We are chasing DJ's 21 lap run

Good Luck
Gael
dont worry us slow guys will be chasing you
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:53 AM   #1061
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 966 wins the Biggie

This weekend was the 33rd year for the Texas Biggie, And i came away the winner with the 966! The car performed perfectly, in the main it was just the way i wanted it! This is the 2nd win in a row for the 966, and 4th for me! this is a great car give it a try you wont be disapointed!
__________________
Jeremy Cupps
Sponsors are
Mugen Seiki, NovaRossi Engines, Enneti Tires, Byrons racing fuel, Airtronics, XceedRC, Mikes HobbyShop Porter Texas, Global Hobby Distributors, Avid Bearings, Paint by Smiley, and my wallet!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #1062
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 630
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-MAN View Post
This weekend was the 33rd year for the Texas Biggie, And i came away the winner with the 966! The car performed perfectly, in the main it was just the way i wanted it! This is the 2nd win in a row for the 966, and 4th for me! this is a great car give it a try you wont be disapointed!
Here is a pic
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 966-pict0045.jpg  
__________________
Jeremy Cupps
Sponsors are
Mugen Seiki, NovaRossi Engines, Enneti Tires, Byrons racing fuel, Airtronics, XceedRC, Mikes HobbyShop Porter Texas, Global Hobby Distributors, Avid Bearings, Paint by Smiley, and my wallet!
J-MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 PM   #1063
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Scottsbluff, NE
Posts: 563
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Jeremy,

Congrats!

Scott
__________________
1968 Camaro: 1:1, 5.3L LM7, Complete Restoration in Progress
SC10 Brushless
RC10B64 Club Racer
sdphilips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 07:22 PM   #1064
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Congrats on the hat trick Jeremy nice representation of the team
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2010, 02:55 AM   #1065
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default SA State titles

Hi guys, just letting you know the 966 (only 2 of 22 cars) both made the A final.
a problem with after market Ceramic bearings, and one retired early.
i managed to hold on to 3rd position in the 30 min final, and the winner was Disqualified for being underweight, that moved me up to 2nd position.
i also drove the 733 into 4th position in the tourer final.
Great cars, and easy to work on.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 10:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 12:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-24-2009 11:10 PM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 10:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:32 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net