R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2009, 09:26 AM   #76
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Funny.... The Veteq as a very good example was a wonderfull product and a piece of art while the 1st cad drawings already told me that it will not work because the engine was made as a part of the chassis. And yes, engines did not perform well in the original design because the strees on the crankcase and so many people did throw away this wonderfull "piece of enginering".

My prediction is that this 966 rear design will cause more stripped belts, a better inspection of the screws is needed als also the experience of working with aluminium parts.

But hey, your beloved Sam started this issue by bashing the Velox and denied the problems with Serpent.
If you are so good on overlooking good designs and bad designs, then why aren't you employed at one of the Big RC companies as a designer of innovative RC cars instead of hiding behind your computer criticizing other peoples post whole day long, for short go get a life dude.

Why do you keep bringing up old cars? Do yo have anything good to say about any products? ANd why do you hate Serpent so much, do they keep beating you?
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:33 AM   #77
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,372
Default

Guys lets try to stop with the negative post. Just stay on topic. Its is a 966 forum. There are plenty of good cars and the 966 is one of them.

LET IT GO GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Go Serpent.

On a side note. I finished building my 966 and I really like the fit of the new rear end. The brakes are really cool also. We will see how it goes. I am sure people will see plenty of it at the Winternats.

Later,

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:47 AM   #78
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

[quote=Roelof;5376357]Funny.... The Veteq as a very good example was a wonderfull product and a piece of art while the 1st cad drawings already told me that it will not work because the engine was made as a part of the chassis. And yes, engines did not perform well in the original design because the strees on the crankcase and so many people did throw away this wonderfull "piece of enginering".

My prediction is that this 966 rear design will cause more stripped belts, a better inspection of the screws is needed als also the experience of working with aluminium parts.

But hey, your beloved Sam started this issue by bashing the Velox and denied the problems with Serpent.[/quote]

Actually, PMSorber started by complaining of the price, the 966 has a lower cost than anyother car, and you get a lot parts that are hopups on the other cars, so if you think about it, the price is even lower. If you dont like the car, dont buy it, but dont talk crap about it without knowing anything. Keayboard warrior.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 AM   #79
Tech Elite
 
Wanabrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Bay area, California
Posts: 4,828
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

[QUOTE=nitrodude;5376566]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Funny.... The Veteq as a very good example was a wonderfull product and a piece of art while the 1st cad drawings already told me that it will not work because the engine was made as a part of the chassis. And yes, engines did not perform well in the original design because the strees on the crankcase and so many people did throw away this wonderfull "piece of enginering".

My prediction is that this 966 rear design will cause more stripped belts, a better inspection of the screws is needed als also the experience of working with aluminium parts.

But hey, your beloved Sam started this issue by bashing the Velox and denied the problems with Serpent.[/quote]

Actually, PMSorber started by complaining of the price, the 966 has a lower cost than anyother car, and you get a lot parts that are hopups on the other cars, so if you think about it, the price is even lower. If you dont like the car, dont buy it, but dont talk crap about it without knowing anything. Keayboard warrior.


+1
Wanabrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 10:15 AM   #80
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Stop hiding behind screen names people, WanaB, state your name at least
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:11 PM   #81
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Milton,Canada
Posts: 429
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roelof View Post
Funny.... The Veteq as a very good example was a wonderfull product and a piece of art while the 1st cad drawings already told me that it will not work because the engine was made as a part of the chassis. And yes, engines did not perform well in the original design because the strees on the crankcase and so many people did throw away this wonderfull "piece of enginering".

My prediction is that this 966 rear design will cause more stripped belts, a better inspection of the screws is needed als also the experience of working with aluminium parts.

But hey, your beloved Sam started this issue by bashing the Velox and denied the problems with Serpent.
Hey buddy why don`t you keep your negative remarks to yourself.
BTW do you work for an f1 team?
The reason i ask is, you seem to know a lot about the geometry of the serpent and what it is gonna do and what it`s not gonna do.I suspect you don`t know crap about what you`re talking and your only bashing the serpent because your jealous your not driving one of those fine machines
Don`t worry it`s not to late to switch over, Btw trust me, at this years winternats, guess who`s gonna take it, one of those badly designed cars as you say. And when they win, i`m gonna be on this thread looking for you so i can rub it in your face u TURNIP
__________________
RROL and LOU`s where only real racers race.
Weapons of choice,NT1 2010 , X-Ray T3 x 2, X-Ray X10 X-Ray all the way baby.
Futaba 4pk,gq tires,jaco tyres,odonnel fuel,T-Power batteries, tekin and nova powered.
Don`t blame the car, when you know you can`t drive.
Sponsor, me , myself and I.
nitro ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:21 PM   #82
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toledo, OH
Posts: 72
Default

Do you guys realize this bickering about whose is bigger doesn't do anything to help the prospective new people to the hobby at all. This looks like fun to me, a great outlet and something to introduce my young son to. I have come to this forum due to the level of knowledge and experience that is here.

How about let's discuss the merits of this new car, what it has to offer. Other than that how about shutting the "F" up. I dealt with the years ago when I was a factory rep for a certain helicopter brand. Everyone thinks there brand is the best because (insert name here) won that last major contest or race. Truth is they would have or could have won with anything because they put the time and effort into being the best.
__________________
The man on top of the mountain didn't fall there.
UPSguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #83
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,041
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSguy View Post
Do you guys realize this bickering about whose is bigger doesn't do anything to help the prospective new people to the hobby at all. This looks like fun to me, a great outlet and something to introduce my young son to. I have come to this forum due to the level of knowledge and experience that is here.

How about let's discuss the merits of this new car, what it has to offer. Other than that how about shutting the "F" up. I dealt with the years ago when I was a factory rep for a certain helicopter brand. Everyone thinks there brand is the best because (insert name here) won that last major contest or race. Truth is they would have or could have won with anything because they put the time and effort into being the best.
+1
It's not good for the hobby glorifying 1 manufacturer over the other when a lot of us who had the opportunity to run different brands can trully say they are all good cars that have slight differences in comparision to others does not make it better or worse just different
Let's keep it on topic
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 PM   #84
Tech Master
 
JFCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Let's see pics from some of the recent builds... com'n GMartinez and DJ?
__________________
* www.tsrcar.com * John's BSR Racing Tires * Serpent America * BOCA Bearings *
JFCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 12:51 PM   #85
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,041
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ View Post
Let's see pics from some of the recent builds... com'n GMartinez and DJ?
Wish I could but all I can tell you from experience of buliding it.
It goes together very well & the parts are very high quality the new rear bulk head & belt tensioner system made it very easy to get a smooth setting on belt tension.
I was able to run a couple of pre load tanks breaking in a new motor in front of my house & seeing how responsive the 966 is I am looking forward to the next race with it
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:12 PM   #86
Tech Elite
 
dj apolaro's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Miami, Fl.
Posts: 2,372
Default

I already have the car completely built. I can post a photo of the completed car, but not in stages since it is already done. Do you want that?

DJ Apolaro
__________________
Capricorn RC, Capricorn Tires, Novarossi World, Spektrum, Horizon Hobby, PROTOform, RCTarget, IGT8.
dj apolaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:18 PM   #87
Tech Elite
 
Riketsu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2,414
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj apolaro View Post
I already have the car completely built. I can post a photo of the completed car, but not in stages since it is already done. Do you want that?

DJ Apolaro
Something is better than nothing, I always say... Shoot those pic up DJ...
__________________
eBay user id: riketsukirai
Riketsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:42 PM   #88
Tech Master
 
JFCJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Cincinnati Area
Posts: 1,024
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
Something is better than nothing, I always say... Shoot those pic up DJ...

Ditto
__________________
* www.tsrcar.com * John's BSR Racing Tires * Serpent America * BOCA Bearings *
JFCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 01:52 PM   #89
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,041
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFCJ View Post
Ditto
Im not a great in taking pics but here is rear shot & front shot
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 966-dscf2166.jpg   Serpent 966-dscf2167.jpg  
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 02:06 PM   #90
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,738
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

There are more pics of the rear end on serpent.com looks good G. Makes me wanna get back into 1/8
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 10:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 12:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-24-2009 11:10 PM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 10:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:04 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net