R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 07-11-2009, 10:45 PM   #661
Tech Apprentice

sorry again guys,more build questions for you,im having a few dramas,im not sure if ive done something wrong or not,ive been over everything a few times and cant find any mistakes,BUT,my first problem is my motor,im running nova flash and i couldnt get it in at all and ended up grinding some material off the bulkhead right near the carbon brace,that got it in,but then my carby hits the tank with bugger all clearance???
next one is my rear body mount guide is touching my rear drive beltand stopping my suspension from dropping and also sitting on the rear belt,i checked everything and i cant find anything ive done wrong(im sure ive done something).
im positive u guys are going to think im a spacka,but its got me stumped,ive built a fair few offroad buggies and truggies and what not,but this one is a pisser,its doin my head in,everything is comin along sweet,im just running into a few small dramas that is holding my progress up,and to top it all off,i think i got the wrong wheels to suit the car,lol.there rb speedlines on spt rims,but my rear wheels hit the top of the rear hub and wont go any further,also,i want to run the default setup,do you use the manual default setup or the setup sheet that came with the kit,i went off everything in the manual and didnt check but the default setup sheet is different to the default setup in the book.
if anyone could tell me im a total moron and point out all the things ive done wrong and wave there magic wand and fix everything,i will give you my next child in grattitude,lol.
cheers and beers
totally stumped burty.

Last edited by burty; 07-12-2009 at 03:42 AM.
burty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 04:40 AM   #662
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by burty View Post
sorry again guys,more build questions for you,im having a few dramas,im not sure if ive done something wrong or not,ive been over everything a few times and cant find any mistakes,BUT,my first problem is my motor,im running nova flash and i couldnt get it in at all and ended up grinding some material off the bulkhead right near the carbon brace,that got it in,but then my carby hits the tank with bugger all clearance???
next one is my rear body mount guide is touching my rear drive beltand stopping my suspension from dropping and also sitting on the rear belt,i checked everything and i cant find anything ive done wrong(im sure ive done something).
im positive u guys are going to think im a spacka,but its got me stumped,ive built a fair few offroad buggies and truggies and what not,but this one is a pisser,its doin my head in,everything is comin along sweet,im just running into a few small dramas that is holding my progress up,and to top it all off,i think i got the wrong wheels to suit the car,lol.there rb speedlines on spt rims,but my rear wheels hit the top of the rear hub and wont go any further,also,i want to run the default setup,do you use the manual default setup or the setup sheet that came with the kit,i went off everything in the manual and didnt check but the default setup sheet is different to the default setup in the book.
if anyone could tell me im a total moron and point out all the things ive done wrong and wave there magic wand and fix everything,i will give you my next child in grattitude,lol.
cheers and beers
totally stumped burty.
you have to use the top mount hole in the rear hubs for the body mount uprights. this gives clearance to the rear belt. been there before
if you use a lipo battery, there is clearance you can drop the tank a little. normal stick pack, its a pain to setup, but it does work. twist the carb straighter, and move the end of the carb around , loosen the grub screw on it. have a play, it does work, and also do check your engine mount, as the front may need some grinding, it will hit the front of the lower case. Serpent rims have a different offset, so you will need to run the Kyosho/Mygen rims. this will fix your issues. cheers.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 05:07 AM   #663
Tech Apprentice

thankyou so much patto,i appreciate it,one more if i may,my 2 speed setup,im not able to get any gap at all from my shoes inside my 2nd gear hub,would it be alright to lightly sand some of the high spots off with some fine paper???sorry for the questions again.
cheers heaps,burty.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:21 AM   #664
Tech Elite

you should be able to turn it inside the gear hub. it may catch or drag a little, but it will sort itself out once you run the car a little bit. yohu can sand a tad if you like, but it should wear in.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 07-12-2009, 05:28 AM   #665
Tech Apprentice

cheers patto,sorry for all the questions,just wanted to make sure ive got everything spot the dog,very new to the onroad scene,but im loving the challenge, and i havent even driven yet.lol.
cheers again,burty.
Old 07-12-2009, 05:32 AM   #666
Tech Elite

Quote:
cheers patto,sorry for all the questions,just wanted to make sure ive got everything spot the dog,very new to the onroad scene,but im loving the challenge, and i havent even driven yet.lol.
cheers again,burty.
it is so much better to take yuor time, ask the questions and get it right the first time. you will have a better experience for it. so ask away any time, plenty of know how on this forum. just with the body mount, if you use a short rear wheelbase, do make sure you space out the pin for the body mount, as it can pull out from itand twist the body up in a crash. and use the upper hole for the pin. or the suspension will bind, and you will see the body flex, it will get very rigid very quickly.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 07-12-2009, 10:57 AM   #667
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Just take some material of the body mount guide of the side it touches the belt...
Using the highest body position depends on the body you are going to run....
Central body needs the lower position, Zytek can be used on both positions...

Quote:
any further,also,i want to run the default setup,do you use the manual default setup or the setup sheet that came with the kit,
The set-up in the set-up sheet is the one I would go for.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:40 AM   #668
Tech Adept

Default front wheels jittering

hi...

when i held the car off the ground and i give it some rev the front wheels jitter about. Initailly thought it was some metal to metal contact hence interfernce.
So held my finger over the steering servo horn and cannot feels the servo jittering but the wheels still jitter when revved up !!!

any idea pls

thanks
xtreme888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 01:42 PM   #669
Tech Apprentice

thanks heaps patto and m7h,appreciate all the help
regards,burty.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:19 PM   #670
Tech Apprentice

gday guys,anyone running the blitz r09??10mm from the bumper sound about right?
cheers,burty.
Old 07-15-2009, 03:14 PM   #671
Tech Adept

We are getting a large shipment of parts by Friday! Kits also available by then

www.serpentamerica.com
e-mail: [email protected]
telf: 1-305-677-3253
serpentamerica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM   #672
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I broke the conrod on my nova last weekend so ths pretty much ended my relations with nova LOL (expensive replacement parts)

anyways while waiting for the new motors I was checking the wear and tear on the car.

one question that comes to my mind is the red shoe or the yellow shoe. I have both but on the packing it doesnt say which is which?

also did anyone had to tap holes in their aluminium Xbrace? mine came half way tapped and the screww supplied didnt go in. those who have a problem the screws are 4mm and 1mm pitch

Racing since the 20th century
Toughbeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 12:12 AM   #673
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to PMSorber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toughbeard View Post
I broke the conrod on my nova last weekend so ths pretty much ended my relations with nova LOL (expensive replacement parts)

anyways while waiting for the new motors I was checking the wear and tear on the car.

one question that comes to my mind is the red shoe or the yellow shoe. I have both but on the packing it doesnt say which is which?

also did anyone had to tap holes in their aluminium Xbrace? mine came half way tapped and the screww supplied didnt go in. those who have a problem the screws are 4mm and 1mm pitch
The red one is red and the yellow one is yellow.
PMSorber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 03:08 AM   #674
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMSorber View Post
The red one is red and the yellow one is yellow.
im colour blind...........
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Old 07-16-2009, 03:19 AM   #675
Tech Apprentice

gday there guys,just wanted to thank every one for helping me with my build,just about got it done,just got to set it up,true tires,etc.only thing i was missing was an e-clip,so no biggie,had a few dramas along the way though,but all was sorted thanks to you guys,had to lower my tank 3mm(thanks pattojnr),only problem im having is with my upright mount position,(default setup sheet)inside hole,cant get camber in the rear,the link bottomed out and i couldnt turn it any more,so had to move the camber link to the middle hole??my trackwidth was wayout trying to keep the inside position on the camber link.
anyway,here is a couple of pics,not one of my best paint jobs,but it will do.
cheers for the help guys.