Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Storm_PT
Hi. Can anyone tell me how many teeth each belt has in a Serpent 960/966? I know they are S3M, but don't know the teeth number.

Thanks
Nevermind, it was right there in Serpent's site:

Front:60S3M201
Rear: 80S3M210
Side: 60S3M432

Divide the second number by 3 and you get the teeth.
Old 07-08-2009, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

gday there again guys,was hoping for some more help if i could?
just after some setup info,body setup,tire size and what not,just a good starting point,im just going to use the default setup for now,until i get used to the car,the body im using is a blitz lola r09,also, you guys use the laydown setup for throttle servo?cheers heaps for the help,i cant wait to start on this puppy,looks like a sweet bit of gear,cheers and beers,burty.
sorry one more thing,can one way lube be substitued for anything else,or is it a special lube??sorry for the dumb questions.

Last edited by burty; 07-08-2009 at 01:03 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

The default set-up is a real good starting point.
I actually only drive with more caster, so the front upper suspension arm 2mm more backward then default...
Depending on the track you will be running the car on, and the possible corner speed, always look at how your tires wear and make camber adjustments from there.

The one way lube really is only meant for that, it is so thin, that using it as a lubrication anywhere else to me is useless....
Old 07-08-2009, 01:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

for oneway you need a very thin oil or the oneway will heatup from friction. I suggest either a specific oneway lube or gun oil.

depending on your country sometimes its easier to find one then the other.

Places to look.

Hobby stores (duh), Bearing distributers (for brand specific lubes), gun shops
Old 07-08-2009, 02:11 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Haha, I totally misunderstood his question about the one way lube Toughbeard....

@Burty, can't really give you info about the body, because I drive the Zytec, but I think if you mount it about 10mm in front of the bumber, it should be ok.

Laydown throttle or not... it depends on what you want.
I don't use the laydown option, but installed my receiver next to it, to be able to change frequency (non spectrum driver)..

I did mount my throttle servo under the radio plate to lower it (can only be done if it fits between radio plate and chassis)
Old 07-08-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Haha, I totally misunderstood his question about the one way lube Toughbeard....

@Burty, can't really give you info about the body, because I drive the Zytec, but I think if you mount it about 10mm in front of the bumber, it should be ok.

Laydown throttle or not... it depends on what you want.
I don't use the laydown option, but installed my receiver next to it, to be able to change frequency (non spectrum driver)..

I did mount my throttle servo under the radio plate to lower it (can only be done if it fits between radio plate and chassis)
And I forgot to comment on the other issues Getting old

Laydown Servo: More work , gets the CG down if your using a heavy servo. I find it more prone to malfuntion. (more parts moving) . protects servo from spills better but lets the servo be attention of heavy damage.

I have a protoform Lola and a blitz body. I have ordered some zytecs as well. blitz is slower but has a lot of traction on the front. Lola is fast but pushes a little so need to reset. Protoform lola has a very long nose I didnt check the measurement but I centered the frnt wheels to the body wheel wells. Seems to work fine for now.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:35 AM
Tech Adept

thanks heaps for the help guys,your a wealth of knowledge on this forum,i imagine you will be hearing from me again in the not to distant future,cheers heaps.
burty.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:48 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
Getting old
Same here...
But, recently won an open club / 40+ race here in Holland, which made me feel young again!...
I have a protoform Lola and a blitz body. I have ordered some zytecs as well.
Protoform Lola?
You mean this one:
And the Blitz, is that the same idea, or the newest R09...

Because if not, you will really feel a BIG difference with the Zytec... and once you get used to it and changed the car set-up accordingly, a BIG smile on your face...

I even retired my custom painted centrals (used 2 of them) after trying the "home painted" Zytec...

Originally Posted by burty
thanks heaps for the help guys,your a wealth of knowledge on this forum,i imagine you will be hearing from me again in the not to distant future,cheers heaps.
burty.
Your welcome!

Last edited by M7H; 07-08-2009 at 03:11 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Same here...
But, recently won a open club / 40+ race here in Holland, which made me feel young again!...
Yeah I won the Nationals last year in Electric Touring here in Turkey that made me feel young,too. until the next monday

Originally Posted by M7H
Protoform Lola?
You mean this one:
http://www.m7h.nl/m7h/950R_files/950-9.JPG
And the Blitz, is that the same idea, or the newest R09...

Because if not, you will really feel a BIG difference with the Zytec... and once you get used to it and changed the car set-up accordingly, a BIG smile on your face...
yeap I have one of those and this
Old 07-08-2009, 03:10 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Toughbeard
yeap I have one of those and this
Well, be ready for some change then....
Old 07-08-2009, 06:18 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by M7H
Well, be ready for some change then....
I need to make my own body
Old 07-08-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

guys, i just put in the brass battery holder on my 966, i run a nimh pack, and i cant setup the carb with out hitting the tank now. any suggestions on how to remedy ? i could put 2 extra O rings on the base of the carb, but has anyone got a better idea ? cheers. Patto....
Old 07-08-2009, 07:24 AM
M7H
Tech Elite

You are running the 2/3 NIMH cells?
The brass battery tray is meant for lipo's...
You could maybe go to "AAA" cells, to be able to lower the tank a bit....

Old 07-08-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

na i run the 1600mah pack similar to what guys run in the mugens. i know its higher, but it works with the carbon tray. far as i could see, the brass was close to the same depth, with the recess, it fits in snug, but just a little bit too high.
Old 07-08-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

yah brass is for Lipo the carbon is for everything else also if you dont have it, run the balance wheight that hangs off the X brace too

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.