R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-26-2009, 08:26 PM   #511
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,678
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

The car looks really good I like the aluminum brackets that Salven was using on his starter box. Looks like Mark was using a different rear sway bar holder.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:43 PM   #512
Tech Master
 
CraigX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Baltimore, MD
Posts: 1,185
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to CraigX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
As far as the FDR, I dont know. The offset is 7mm, I like to run 8mm too.
There is a great utility on Serpent's website. If you go to the download section of any of the nitro cars, there is a Drive Calculator that could possibly answer any gearing questions for anyone. You can input pulley sizes from any car and compare to your own.

http://www.serpent.com/product/903009/downloads/
__________________
RC America, Xray, Hudy, Sanwa, Motiv RC, Gravity RC, Max Power America, Protoform, Avid, EA Motorsports, TQ Wire, Prolevel RC, Ulti, 5 Nines
CraigX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2009, 01:52 PM   #513
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Moreno Valley, Ca.
Posts: 1,933
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon
Default

I cant say enough of this car. Its so much fun and predictable Its a joy to drive
__________________
My Gpa(RIP)
motojon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:17 PM   #514
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Anybody that had a chance to drive the 966 will be sporting a big smile in their face.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 03:34 AM   #515
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 498
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
Anybody that had a chance to drive the 966 will be sporting a big smile in their face.


xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 04:53 AM   #516
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Got mine Yesterday and I getting ready to play sick so i can build it in peace no kids or wife
__________________
Xray,Hudy,RC America

Last edited by Joey4875; 04-30-2009 at 04:03 PM.
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 11:51 AM   #517
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,704
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey4875 View Post
Got mine Yesterday and I getting ready to play sick so i can build it in peace no kids of wife
mine will be here any day now and i was thinking the same thing.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 12:34 PM   #518
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

really love the 966, i have driven all models serpent 1/8 cars since the 950R till now, the 960 08 is the best and now they made the best even better i'm sure u guys will love yours too....

just some info when assembly the kit, dont overtighten the screws for the engine to the engine mount use locktight to secure and make sure u use the supplied long screws, if u use short screws it will almost strip right away...
i stripped 2 holes on mine... maybe the alu used abit softer or the threads are abit loose?? anyone has the same faith?? never happen on the 08 engine mount...
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 08:26 PM   #519
Tech Apprentice
 
sanjit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Singapore
Posts: 85
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default 966

hey bros im from singapore the 966 is a very fun car to drive ... i need some help ..can i use any other car clutch spring...for better performance..hope to hear ur reply
__________________
Serpent 977evo
sanjit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:20 AM   #520
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjit View Post
hey bros im from singapore the 966 is a very fun car to drive ... i need some help ..can i use any other car clutch spring...for better performance..hope to hear ur reply

You don't need a different spring. You need to set the clutch like this:
Fly weigths: Pivoting and opening in the reverse rotation of the engine
Gap: 0.8
End Play: 0.3
Spring Pre-Load: 1.2 to 1.5

Engine is going to rev and have a violent clutch engagement . If you need more, put more load in the spring. If the track is dusty or no traction, you will need less pre-load

Hope this helps
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 07:54 AM   #521
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
You don't need a different spring. You need to set the clutch like this:
Fly weigths: Pivoting and opening in the reverse rotation of the engine
Gap: 0.8
End Play: 0.3
Spring Pre-Load: 1.2 to 1.5

Engine is going to rev and have a violent clutch engagement . If you need more, put more load in the spring. If the track is dusty or no traction, you will need less pre-load

Hope this helps
does this apply to both the red and brown shoes??
what are the main differences between the 2 shoes??
Do u use set screws in the fly weights??
thanks in advance..
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 08:44 AM   #522
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: off campus
Posts: 175
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck960 View Post
does this apply to both the red and brown shoes??
what are the main differences between the 2 shoes??
Do u use set screws in the fly weights??
thanks in advance..
Hi CK,

I use both red and brown shoes, but mostly the red. The red lasts a little longer than the brown one for me.

I use the same gap of .8 and the T3 (#903199) flyweights without the set screws.

The #909520 spring should work fine.
Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 09:31 AM   #523
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 824
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck960 View Post
does this apply to both the red and brown shoes??
what are the main differences between the 2 shoes??
Do u use set screws in the fly weights??
thanks in advance..
For both. The yellow slips a little more than the red. I haven't seen yet a red pad go in dust like the yellows (i mean with the wrong setup)

I have used set screws when testing different type of springs (other manufacturer) But i went back to all stock.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall View Post
Hi CK,

I use both red and brown shoes, but mostly the red. The red lasts a little longer than the brown one for me.

I use the same gap of .8 and the T3 (#903199) flyweights without the set screws.

The #909520 spring should work fine.
Exactly. Actually if u flip the T3's (pivoting in the same way as the rotation of the engine, with all the same adjustment) the clutch is less aggressive. It depends on driving style and track conditions and personal preference
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 12:29 PM   #524
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
For both. The yellow slips a little more than the red. I haven't seen yet a red pad go in dust like the yellows (i mean with the wrong setup)

I have used set screws when testing different type of springs (other manufacturer) But i went back to all stock.



Exactly. Actually if u flip the T3's (pivoting in the same way as the rotation of the engine, with all the same adjustment) the clutch is less aggressive. It depends on driving style and track conditions and personal preference
thanks for the info Paolo, Kendall
ck960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 04:35 AM   #525
Tech Regular
 
Joey4875's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Chesapeake Beach
Posts: 354
Default

Did any of you guys have a problem making the caster clips fit with out have the arms bind up. I am having problems with both front and rear
__________________
Xray,Hudy,RC America
Joey4875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 10:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 12:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-24-2009 11:10 PM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 10:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:29 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net