R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-22-2009, 04:28 PM   #496
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,750
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

As far as the FDR, I dont know. The offset is 7mm, I like to run 8mm too.
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:00 PM   #497
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 7,945
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
ok i think we are trying to say the same thing somewhat . in paolo setup he used the big bearing in one part of his setup which centers the axle . and in the change he made eccentic was used with the small bearing which pushed the axle up . thats why it said its better if he had the setup book. but i hope it helps him with his serpent
+1 Cap I am not using the eccentrics & using the bigger bearings which puts in a neutral axle postion. for the steering blocks more steering is what I noticed
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup
2014 Hosted Events Roar Paved Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 05:05 PM   #498
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,750
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Regardless of Knuckle position, axle height can be preserved (Purpose of eccenters). In either a level or upper position to simulate a lower or "normal" front one-way (Roll Center).

The change of the knuckles changes both steering response and level of steering on throttle.


Download the PDF, I got it off the Serpent website.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 903234_instructions[1].pdf (179.3 KB, 233 views)
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts

Last edited by nitrodude; 04-22-2009 at 05:24 PM.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:51 PM   #499
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
We're talking about 2 different things. The eccenters change axle height, you can run the axle low or high with the eccenters, or if you use the big bearing it will be centered with the oneway.

What Automator asked is not axle height. You can swap the knuckles left to right. One knuckle has a #2 and the other one has a #1, its not like it used to be when one had an R and the other a L. There is no left or right. Depending on which side you mount the #2(or #1 if you like) the height of the steering arm changes. If you moung the #2 on the left the steering arm (on the knuckle) is higher. They are called WOS knuckle and they used to be an option on the 960 07, now they come standard.
wow nitrodude i see you are taking it the wrong way . i thought what automator was asking about was paolo's setup that he posted right?? i hope he got what he needed from what you explaned thats all that counts.
note as for the wos knuckles they where first used on the vector nt and the veteq cars first and they where options back then if you knew how to make them work.
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 PM   #500
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Regardless of Knuckle position, axle height can be preserved (Purpose of eccenters). In either a level or upper position to simulate a lower or "normal" front one-way (Roll Center).

The change of the knuckles changes both steering response and level of steering on throttle.


Download the PDF, I got it off the Serpent website.
very well put nitrodude
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #501
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
+1 Cap I am not using the eccentrics & using the bigger bearings which puts in a neutral axle postion. for the steering blocks more steering is what I noticed
hi george hope to see you at the classic!!!!
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #502
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 7,945
Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
hi george hope to see you at the classic!!!!
No Doubt it's just aroung the corner
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup
2014 Hosted Events Roar Paved Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds
2015 Roar Fuel On Road Nationals,U.S.World Nitro Cup Completed
2016 U.S. World Nitro Cup Dec 7th - Dec 11th
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:07 AM   #503
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
As far as the FDR, I dont know. The offset is 7mm, I like to run 8mm too.
I was more or less trying to figure out how to gear the car, since the Serpent has a bigger rear axle pulley than the Mugen and I believe the Kyosho, not sure about the Kyosho. Also the Serpent uses one tooth less on the front side pulley, a 25 compared to the 26 used on the Mugen and Kyosho. Just wondering how those different pulleys on the Serpent are going to affect gearing on 1st and 2nd gear.
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:11 AM   #504
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
wow nitrodude i see you are taking it the wrong way . i thought what automator was asking about was paolo's setup that he posted right?? i hope he got what he needed from what you explaned thats all that counts.
note as for the wos knuckles they where first used on the vector nt and the veteq cars first and they where options back then if you knew how to make them work.
Yeah I was originally asking what difference the #1 and #2 steering blocks made as I didn't even notice that the arm would change heights when swapped. But the information on the eccentrics is definitely good stuff as that will help as well.

Thanks to both of you. All good information.
automator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 08:51 AM   #505
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by automator View Post
I was more or less trying to figure out how to gear the car, since the Serpent has a bigger rear axle pulley than the Mugen and I believe the Kyosho, not sure about the Kyosho. Also the Serpent uses one tooth less on the front side pulley, a 25 compared to the 26 used on the Mugen and Kyosho. Just wondering how those different pulleys on the Serpent are going to affect gearing on 1st and 2nd gear.
it all has too do with what engine you are useing and its power range and the size of the track and tire size for roll out. but stock is good to start.
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 07:14 AM   #506
Tech Rookie
 
Josue24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 2
Default

Hey guys: I just saw that there is 1 966 on stock in serpent america web site.
__________________
Josue "josh" Valentine
Serpent America
Josue24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:23 PM   #507
Tech Elite
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 2,600
Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)
Default

kamikaze has 4 in stock. great place to deal with. i got my 720 '08 from them and now a 966. it should be here any day

http://www.kamikazercracing.com/products.php?cat=68
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2009, 12:56 PM   #508
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
kamikaze has 4 in stock. great place to deal with. i got my 720 '08 from them and now a 966. it should be here any day

http://www.kamikazercracing.com/products.php?cat=68
You said it, yours will be on it's way.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 10:04 AM   #509
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Congrats to Mark Green and his 966 for the TQ and win at EFRA GP. watched the whole race, was very interesting strategies for tire stops. Salven had an issue with his car, not sure what it was, but it got back out and was fast.
might have to look at getting the upgrade fro my 08 now, since it seems to chenge the car so much
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T

Last edited by Pattojnr; 04-26-2009 at 10:27 AM.
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 07:18 PM   #510
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,046
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
Congrats to Mark Green and his 966 for the TQ and win at EFRA GP. watched the whole race, was very interesting strategies for tire stops. Salven had an issue with his car, not sure what it was, but it got back out and was fast.
might have to look at getting the upgrade fro my 08 now, since it seems to chenge the car so much
+1 on the Congrats to Mark Green . The Rear of his 966 looks to have more Alu-parts. in the center under the swaybar.
Got the grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 11:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 04:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 01:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-25-2009 12:10 AM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 11:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:42 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0