R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-10-2009, 05:01 PM   #421
Tech Elite
 
Serpent-Dan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,782
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I call it that cause their is no room for error if your too close on the left its gonna bite and bite you hard. You'll see.
__________________
Inf1nity CM Beat1 Racing
Serpent-Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:39 PM   #422
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
I call it that cause their is no room for error if your too close on the left its gonna bite and bite you hard. You'll see.
oh ok got you!!!
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 06:51 PM   #423
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,072
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

966 update after some intense racing so far I got my money's worth & finally had to change my belts & pulley's this past weekend
Feb-Winternat's 4 days of racing
March Florida state Race 2.5 days
Test & tune local club track motor breakin 1/2 day
April Florida State race 2.5 days
The 966 has taken a lot of abuse & has been the most durable car I've owned with only needing to change the roll center bushings from normal wear & tear.
Good luck to all this upcoming season & look forward to seeing those that will be attending the Capitol Classics in June
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:14 PM   #424
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 1,056
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default 966-Brushless Conversion

Photos of one of my 966 going Brushless.
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 966-pictures-095.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-103.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-098.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-092.jpg   Serpent 966-pictures-097.jpg  

Got the grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 07:49 PM   #425
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the grip View Post
Photos of one of my 966 going Brushless.
Jeff,
That is very nice!
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:16 AM   #426
Tech Master
 
captian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: city that never sleeps
Posts: 1,832
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got the grip View Post
Photos of one of my 966 going Brushless.
nice something to think about
__________________
serpent america * max power * beast mods *kopropo usa* protoform * team cmdi
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #427
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
ha ha tommy got your max yet !!! want to borrow one
they just came in,, MONDAY ..and no thanx ,, but you can follow mine if you want ...LOL...
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:13 PM   #428
Tech Elite
 
TommyBlazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: jersey
Posts: 2,580
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpent-Dan View Post
I call it that cause their is no room for error if your too close on the left its gonna bite and bite you hard. You'll see.
agreed, kinda better for touring,,hopefully they will OPEN it up in the season..if its truelly a 'death spot'
__________________
Thinking on maybe a Tekno 1/8 Nitro Buggy?
TommyBlazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:23 PM   #429
Tech Adept
 
new3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: inglewood
Posts: 208
Default

i received my 966 upgrade kit . well i have an opinion about it.

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok
__________________
www.new3racing.com, OFNA, Mugan MRX5wc, www.speedshophobbies.com, western engineering, redline racing fuels,
new3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:51 PM   #430
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 825
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
i received my 966 upgrade kit . well i have an opinion about it.

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok
New3, first of all thanks for giving a chance to the 966. You will be not disappointed. Regarding your comments, i agree iwth most of them but i don't understand point number 4.

My adobe is glitching and i cannot modidy the editable setup to post it here. will get a new program. In the mean time you and all the 966 owners are welcome to send me an e-mail so i can forward you the latest setup we are running. We went today and test some more setup options at homestead and we were able to get the car even better, faster and easier..

Pelase send me an e-mail at paolo@serpentamerica.com and will forward the setup for chassis and clutch
__________________
RCtarget, Capricorn, Novarossi, Maxima MX Fuel, Matrix, Xtreme Aero, Avid, Ko Propo, Veytrex Lab, Blast RC, PMR
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 07:59 PM   #431
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
i received my 966 upgrade kit . well i have an opinion about it.

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok
Answer to your:
# 2 comment = Well if you are smart enough, you should have known that the 966 conversion kit is made for an 08 960 car, sets up like a 08' 960 and not for the 07.

# 3 = again the set up is exactly like the 960 08'.

# 4 = who said you need to hack the upper arms and the lower arms, it comes with spacers that you move around just like you are adjusting the front caster and shortening the wheelbase like the front lower arm .

It is disappointing to you because you are not smart enough, bad taste in your mouth? try some strong mouthwash, that will help everybody else is happy with the car except dumb people like you.
__________________
Jose Luis
JL RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:26 PM   #432
Tech Adept
 
new3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: inglewood
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL RACING View Post
Answer to your:
# 2 comment = Well if you are smart enough, you should have known that the 966 conversion kit is made for an 08 960 car, sets up like a 08' 960 and not for the 07.

# 3 = again the set up is exactly like the 960 08'.

# 4 = who said you need to hack the upper arms and the lower arms, it comes with spacers that you move around just like you are adjusting the front caster and shortening the wheelbase like the front lower arm .

It is disappointing to you because you are not smart enough, bad taste in your mouth? try some strong mouthwash, that will help everybody else is happy with the car except dumb people like you.
well maybe you didnt notice but the 07 car also was upgraded to the 08 car with an update kit which i also purchased. and with it you do not receive the new 2 speed shaft pulley. unlike you when there is an upgrade kit i purchase it as oppose to uying a new kit. that makes more affordable to me than buying new kits all the time. my guess the next car the 966.10 will also have an upgrade where they will make the front with new aluminum bulk heads with the same rear end. this is the only logical next evolution to the car.
__________________
www.new3racing.com, OFNA, Mugan MRX5wc, www.speedshophobbies.com, western engineering, redline racing fuels,
new3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:47 PM   #433
Tech Adept
 
new3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: inglewood
Posts: 208
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
New3, first of all thanks for giving a chance to the 966. You will be not disappointed. Regarding your comments, i agree iwth most of them but i don't understand point number 4.

My adobe is glitching and i cannot modidy the editable setup to post it here. will get a new program. In the mean time you and all the 966 owners are welcome to send me an e-mail so i can forward you the latest setup we are running. We went today and test some more setup options at homestead and we were able to get the car even better, faster and easier..

Pelase send me an e-mail at paolo@serpentamerica.com and will forward the setup for chassis and clutch
thank you paolo i appreciate your willingness to hear about some complaint that i have. BTW #4 has to do with running the rear end full short. when you do this the 2 speed gears hit the lower a-arm. they have to be grounded make clearance. also the upper arms have to be grounded to make clearance for the rear swaybar. it is a nice adjustment. it gives a car a tighter turning radius without making the rear of the car loose. you can email me at new3@pacbell.net. this is an observation not a complaint. there will be other people with this car that will run into these problems. i believe that these orums is where to voice the problems to try to get them solved not only for me but for everybody that happens to be using this car. i would expect that if there was given adjustment that if i decided to try it that i would be able to use it. thank you for your concern and i will be waiting for your email.
__________________
www.new3racing.com, OFNA, Mugan MRX5wc, www.speedshophobbies.com, western engineering, redline racing fuels,
new3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 08:54 PM   #434
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,792
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by new3 View Post
i received my 966 upgrade kit . well i have an opinion about it.

1: i always believe it is better to include instruction in the kit not go on the internet to down load instructions to reassemble. this took me awhile to figure out what is going on. it took 3 days of assembly and disassembly to get the car reassembled.

2 the update kit assumed that you started with the 08 kit not that you upgraded to the o8 via the 07 kit. this made you go buy more parts or you had to become creative because the new break assembly wont fit if you hade the aluminum center gear.

3. no basic setup to start with in the box. so this became a guessing game. i finally went to something completely in a different ball park.

4. when you design a car i would hope that if you chose to use all of the adjustments that you would be able to use them without hacking up the lower arms. and the rear upper arms.

this is disappointing for a new car and so much to do before you run it. it gave me a nasty taste in my mouth.

comments i set it up like my shepard by shorting the rear end use there pistons etc. went out to run the car today and all i can say is the car wasn't to bad. it needs some minor adjustments but without any directions i seem to get around the track ok

#1My conversion came with instructions.

#2 It is logical that you have the 960 08 if you’re converting to the 966.

#3 My setup is exactly the same as it was with my 08. If you had read the interview with Michael Salven you would know that the geometry doesn’t change on the 966, its exactly the same.

#4 You don’t have to hack anything up, Im not sure what you’re talking about. The conversion comes with washers for the lower and upper arms. You know, those thin orange circle thingies?
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:51 AM   #435
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 4
Send a message via AIM to DJ N4CER Send a message via MSN to DJ N4CER Send a message via Yahoo to DJ N4CER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
ya the good old nyc
What part of NYC if you dont mind me asking? Which hobby shop do you go to? Part of what killed my interest way back was that good hobby shops were hard to come by or they would close down, and the ones that were open were just filled with arrogant jerks that you couldnt ask them a single thing.
DJ N4CER is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 10:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 12:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-24-2009 11:10 PM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 10:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:42 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net