R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-27-2011, 03:50 AM   #1726
Tech Adept
 
tomdex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bunbury - Western Australia
Posts: 238
Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Default Carby fouling on tank.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyblaze View Post
i'm having the same issue..i try twisting turning the carb and the locals guy at my track did the same and don't understand...plus i lower the tank as low it can go i thought about getting a new tank
I had the same problem. 966 fitted with JP P7 (novarossi), and carb was touching tank no matter what I did. Had to buy a new tank anway due to broken old one.

In the end, I removed the 'Ball link' from the throttle slide, and draw filed about a millimetre (40 thou) of material off the bottom of it. Works a treat, didn't reduce the wall thickness by more than 50%, and now it clears the tank by heaps

I too run a Nimh and the tank is down on the battery pack, and no matter where I rotated the carb, it didn't get any better.Car
tomdex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 06:22 AM   #1727
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomdex View Post
I had the same problem. 966 fitted with JP P7 (novarossi), and carb was touching tank no matter what I did. Had to buy a new tank anway due to broken old one.

In the end, I removed the 'Ball link' from the throttle slide, and draw filed about a millimetre (40 thou) of material off the bottom of it. Works a treat, didn't reduce the wall thickness by more than 50%, and now it clears the tank by heaps

I too run a Nimh and the tank is down on the battery pack, and no matter where I rotated the carb, it didn't get any better.Car

filing the ball was going to be my next step
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 08:00 AM   #1728
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

I dont understand why you guys are filing the ball fitting on the carb, my ball fitting is sitting almost parallel with the upperdeck, and barely touches the tank. Look at the picture. Sorry for the flithy car...
Attached Thumbnails
Serpent 966-imag0075.jpg  
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:15 AM   #1729
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverT View Post
Hi,

a lot of drivers are using the orange alu sway bar mount for the 966.
I think it was available on the wc 2011.
Is there an online shop, where I can buy it?

Thanks
Olli
I sold out just this past week! It should be available again soon Olli.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:53 AM   #1730
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 12
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
I sold out just this past week! It should be available again soon Olli.
Hi Sam,

its really amazing with you. You have all that stuff, that is not available in europe. Give me an email if its available. Can't wait for the new WC front and radio tray. Who's the manufacturer of this part?

Thanks
Olli
OliverT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 09:59 AM   #1731
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 413
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
I dont understand why you guys are filing the ball fitting on the carb, my ball fitting is sitting almost parallel with the upperdeck, and barely touches the tank. Look at the picture. Sorry for the flithy car...
Mine looks just like Steven's - except he has green rubber bands
__________________
Empire Racing - RC Target - Capricorn - K.O. Propo Electronics - VP Racing Fuel
Time for us all to grow up and sign our real names on posts.
Rick Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:07 AM   #1732
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Mine looks just like Steven's - except he has green rubber bands
But I bet its cleaner
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 10:58 AM   #1733
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverT View Post
Hi Sam,

its really amazing with you. You have all that stuff, that is not available in europe. Give me an email if its available. Can't wait for the new WC front and radio tray. Who's the manufacturer of this part?

Thanks
Olli
The WC parts are original Serpent!



And for all you guys having the carb rubbing the tray or fuel tank issue, Ronin products is coming out with a product that will solve all problems!

Yes it will be made by Ronin
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 AM   #1734
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 16
Default

hello guys,
is 966 enough good with O.S. .21 VZ-R(P), Murnan Modified Motor?
esco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 AM   #1735
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Porto, Portugal
Posts: 14
Default

Hi Guys,

Can any one tell me the correct distance from the bumper to use the body from Protoform R15B and the R11 from Titan/Blitz.
zeca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:40 AM   #1736
Tech Champion
 
Team Kamikaze's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: 我的名字是沈先生。我是中国人, 居住美国
Posts: 8,868
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeca View Post
Hi Guys,

Can any one tell me the correct distance from the bumper to use the body from Protoform R15B and the R11 from Titan/Blitz.
Blitz R11 = just follow the dimples on the body , it is pre-marked for the 966

Protoform R15 = 13 to 14mm in front of the bumper.
__________________
Home of the Kamikaze Driver's Development Program = guaranteed podium finish
Kamikaze Toys and Hobbies Inc.
Follow us here on Facebook!
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 08:56 AM   #1737
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

congrats to Salven!!!!!

European Nitro Challenge 2011: Germany.

Pietsch on Pole with Serpent Eberle in 2nd and Serpent Salven in 3rd.

Then in the final Salven with Serpent 966 takes win.
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:56 PM   #1738
Tech Champion
 
nitrodude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 5,775
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

http://www.redrc.net/2011/06/serpent...ll-bar-levers/
__________________
Steven Muller
AKA El Pibe RUFAST? HAHA!!!
Ronin Speed Parts
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:35 PM   #1739
Tech Master
 
bobbyblaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Georgia
Posts: 1,565
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to bobbyblaze
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
dang more new stuff that all good...i install the new front end and it looks great...this is a great car w/o any tecnical drama, serpent did a great job
__________________
Arrma Nero 6s, Ofna DM-1 Pro
Traxxas Revo 3.3, Traxxas T-Maxx 3.3, Traxxas Jato 3.3
Traxxas Slash Platinum, Traxxas Slash 2WD
Bend The Rules--Rule The Bends
bobbyblaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #1740
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze View Post
The WC parts are original Serpent!



And for all you guys having the carb rubbing the tray or fuel tank issue, Ronin products is coming out with a product that will solve all problems!

Yes it will be made by Ronin
What is it and when?
JIM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Serpent 960.... M7H Nitro On-Road 3281 11-14-2013 10:23 AM
Team Kamikaze Rc Racing Team Kamikaze Racing Forum 17924 08-31-2012 03:25 PM
Serpent's Lair ordinaryzam Malaysian R/C Racers 316 10-30-2009 12:29 AM
1/8th & 1/10th 200mm GAS POWERED ON ROAD OPEN RACE Kylelim Singapore R/C Racers 98 04-24-2009 11:10 PM
Melaka Club Race 1/8, 1/10 GP and EP 2WD MINI - 1st March 09 zali_sh Malaysian R/C Racers 185 03-09-2009 10:36 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:56 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net