Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for the best kit

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2003, 05:29 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rodrigo1508
Also anyone knows how a g4 handles?
Another reason Iasked this on here is because in RCU and RCZ they dont reply to my questions, I may be wrong but I think is because I am mexican, and in here I see a more diversified community, that be the way seems to be more experienced and open minded than the one on those
heard the G4 is quite impressive over big tracks.
my advise is if you have the money tried every damn car that is out there and choose the one that suits you best. otherwise it is wise to go with the crowd or the kit that has parts supports. one thing i learned.. you got to have good parts support for the kit you own especially when you are racing..

just my 2 cents
Old 10-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by rodrigo1508
I know about that result on the nats thats why I bought my r40 (havent used yet... still waiting for my engine)but even with out driving this thing I can say it is very heavy and that the plastic is not that good, I am waiting for my engine to come and test it but I want to be prepared in case it disapoints me. I know It may sound a little bit dumb to be looking for another car even when I have not tested the one I got but thats how my mind works also a third car would not be bad

rodrigo....want some good advice..that will work for every car you'll own(and I can tell you'll own a few )....Don't pre judge any car based on what people say...and give every car a chance...

You should build the r40 and run it....give it a fair shake....Then buy another car if your not happy(be sure to give that one a fair shake also)....

There are people that LOVE theit tc3's(myself included).....I've run the car for 2 years(and some guys HATED the car,and bought Mugens)......The Mugen guys LOVE their cars...yet you'll see some guys selling their's to get other cars also...

All I'm telling you is to be patient and give each car a try fairly.....you'll learn more that way also...about handling traits in different cars..and how well your ability to drive is affected by those traits....

BTW,I enjoy the r40 alot...its just as stable as the tc3,and has more steering.....

I just got back from the HPI Challenge....and the guys who own the r40 also have tc3's,mugens,Impulse,etc...I didn't talk to one driver that said they were sorry they bought the car...
Old 10-22-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Champion

Default Rodrigo

I have been one of those die hard Serpent drivers since 1998
I had a very hard time switching to the M-tx3, because of that. When I finally swallowed my pride and got a Mugen it was instantly faster than the Serpent that I did a lot of modifications to
if you dont like the R/40 give the M-TX3 a try.You will be pleased.
Old 10-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Default Re: Rodrigo

Originally posted by Slotmachine
I have been one of those die hard Serpent drivers since 1998
I had a very hard time switching to the M-tx3, because of that. When I finally swallowed my pride and got a Mugen it was instantly faster than the Serpent that I did a lot of modifications to
if you dont like the R/40 give the M-TX3 a try.You will be pleased.

Cant get a fairer opinion then that...

Just don't think you'll buy ANY car and walk on those 705 drivers...

All these cars run well with enough set up time..and TRIGGER time...
Old 10-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thank You

I just want to thank you all for your replys I know am a fan of this forum on the other they just didnt answer thank you.
And I will buy another car (more likely the mtx3) but I also I will give a chance to my r40.

THANK YOU ALL
Old 10-23-2003, 07:50 AM
Tech Addict

i would say go with the 705 or the mtx 3... they both are awesome cars cant go wrong with ethier of them
Old 10-23-2003, 12:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default cars for sale

hello brand new r40,voner,vonerr,ntc3,etcetc for sale very cheap,pm if interested
thanks