R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Radio Question - timer (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/26439-radio-question-timer.html)

loosenut 10-21-2003 05:07 PM

Radio Question - timer

Anyone here has the 3pjs?? I was trying to figure out how to use the timer so I can get an alarm every 5 mins for refuel for my nitro onroad purposes. However, I can get it set for the alarm..but how do I quick reset it so that during a race I can just press a button so that it'll start over again after a pit for the next 5 mins.

It seems like the timer button other the controller wheel only stops the timer..but when press again..it takes off from where it left off - it don't reset. I would have to press the + and - at teh same tiem to reset and I'm afraid that'll take to long during race condition.

G

Tee 10-22-2003 10:35 PM

YES

Let's be practical. You think you could hear a beeper on your radio at a RC car race over the noise of 10 engines? Maybe, but at the typical club race setting, either your pitman will tell you to come in, or the race announcer will be calling time for popular (ie., multiples of 5 or 7.5 minutes) fueling windows. Also, if you're not prepared like that or you can't hear a thing the announcer says the next best thing is to come in about when the other drivers come in. No, I don't have a 3PJS.

InitialD 10-23-2003 02:53 AM

Re: YES

Originally posted by Tee
Let's be practical. You think you could hear a beeper on your radio at a RC car race over the noise of 10 engines?
You are right about not being practical to hear the beeper from the controller with 9 other cars running. But just to answer your question, you can optionally get an ear phone and plug it to the 3PJS. I believe they have an output for that as I know the 3PK has.

loosenut 10-23-2003 09:08 AM

yea I can use an ear phone. Hey, I am only asking just to find out how to use the timer function on my 3pjs. I doubt I'll use it in a real race unless it's pretty quick and easy to reset the timer everytime you come it. That was basically my question. The ear plug would solve the noise issues.

G

fraz 10-24-2003 10:14 AM

But it doesn't solve the more important problem... letting your pit man know you need fuel. You end up pulling in for fuel and your pit man is talking to somebody or not ready with the fuel. There is a reason we do it the other way around with the pit man calling the shots. Also the pit man can see and hear things that you cannot and can use that in his stratregy to help you to win. My advice is to find a good reliable pit man and stick with him/her.

As for the timer, the only time I use it at the track is for fuel mileage. I set a count up timer that I start when I set my car down in practice and then stop it when I run out of fuel.