Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Inferno GT2 part

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

Red face Kyosho Inferno GT2 part

HI, we bought 4 Kyosho inferno GT2 and all four "2nd gear" break!!!. Does anyone have this kind of experienced? Its only 1 week of purchased out of the box. Does anyone know where to get the part for the "2nd gear" thanks

regard,
Bullz
Old 01-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Did it break or did all the teeth grind down. I have the Corvette GT2 and bought it on a race weekend. The mesh wasn't set tight enough and it stripped the second gear spur. The mesh needs to be real tight. The gears will set fine. Do not allow for the same play that you set in other (nitro or electric) gear mesh. Once I replaced the stripped gear and tightened the mesh I ran the next two qualifiers, the B main and part of the A main with no problems (note that the A main DNF was due to an unrelated problem). There is a lengthy GT thread (edit: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ased-road.html) and this particular problem was hashed out there. I hope this helps.

If the gear 'broke'... that would be unusual. I have raced the GT since it came out and the only problems I have faced with the two speed was stripping due to mesh. We are talking many hours of racing these beasts... well...fun beasts.

You will want to make sure that every metal screw to metal part... I mean every one on the car ... has been loctited. The cap screws on the hub carriers in front, the drive cup set screws, the cap screw holding the clutch/pinion assembly to the engine. I have had each one of these come loose on the new GT2 and most come loose on the GT.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry... forgot to answer your question about parts. Kyoshousa.com and rcboyz.com have both provided the two speed parts and other hard to find parts. I am sure that there are other dealers that also have this part... these two have been the most reliable for me.
Old 01-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Stupid question, but how do you tighten up gear mesh.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Foxxrocket
Stupid question, but how do you tighten up gear mesh.
Loosen the 4 screws below the engine (underchassis) but do not remove.
Then move the engine a little closer to the center.
Make sure the gears (spurs/pinions) are moving freely before you tighten the 4 screws.
You may use thin strip of paper sandwitched between the spur gears and pinion gears for proper gear mesh.
Old 01-02-2009, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Hope this helps

Check out "Infernogt.proboards102.com". This site is dedicated to the Inferno GT and can and will answer all of your questions.

1st--replace the cheap bushings in the gears with bearings. This will solve 90 percent of your problems. The Inferno GT1 has bushings. Probably bushings in the GT2. You can find replacement bearings easily. Local hobby store.

2nd--as far as the mesh. Not too tight and set the gearing to shift earlier. This will solve the last 5 percent of your problem.

I too burned up (3) 2nd speed gears. The website Infernogt.proboards102.com" is the best bet to answer all of your questions regarding these cars.

Jerry
Old 01-02-2009, 09:08 AM
Tech Elite

Couldn't get into Infernogt.proboards102.com. They wouldn't allow my yahoo email.
Old 01-02-2009, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GeraldRisch
Check out "Infernogt.proboards102.com". This site is dedicated to the Inferno GT and can and will answer all of your questions.

1st--replace the cheap bushings in the gears with bearings. This will solve 90 percent of your problems. The Inferno GT1 has bushings. Probably bushings in the GT2. You can find replacement bearings easily. Local hobby store.

2nd--as far as the mesh. Not too tight and set the gearing to shift earlier. This will solve the last 5 percent of your problem.

I too burned up (3) 2nd speed gears. The website Infernogt.proboards102.com" is the best bet to answer all of your questions regarding these cars.

Jerry
I agree with everything said here want to add my $.02 worth.

I have had better luck with a tight gear mesh. On my car with fresh spur gears I can feel NO MOVEMENT in the spur gear when I hold the clutch bell and try to wiggle the spur. I get the mesh as deep as I can.

Replacing the bushing with a bearing in the 2nd gear is a good idea but I take this a step further. The bearings do not fit into the spur gear as tightly as I think that they should so I put TEFLON plumbers thread sealing tape over (across the hole) the hole in the gear then set the bearing into the gear and use my x-acto to trim the xcess tape. This insures that there is no slop between the bearing and the spur.

I have also experimented with running my GT2 as a 1 speed and it works great. This is on a fairly small technical track (Sugarbowl in Atlanta). All you have to do is remove the grub screw, spring and ball from the shifting paw mechanism and you have a 1 speed. This can be done without disassembling the car. The .28 has so much torque that I accelerate at the same speed as the other cars without having to worry about spinning the tires under hard acceleration off of the turn. While running my car as a 1 speed I have never stripped 2nd gear.

Lee
Old 01-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Zootcapri
Did it break or did all the teeth grind down. I have the Corvette GT2 and bought it on a race weekend. The mesh wasn't set tight enough and it stripped the second gear spur. The mesh needs to be real tight. The gears will set fine. Do not allow for the same play that you set in other (nitro or electric) gear mesh. Once I replaced the stripped gear and tightened the mesh I ran the next two qualifiers, the B main and part of the A main with no problems (note that the A main DNF was due to an unrelated problem). There is a lengthy GT thread (edit: http://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-ro...ased-road.html) and this particular problem was hashed out there. I hope this helps.

If the gear 'broke'... that would be unusual. I have raced the GT since it came out and the only problems I have faced with the two speed was stripping due to mesh. We are talking many hours of racing these beasts... well...fun beasts.

You will want to make sure that every metal screw to metal part... I mean every one on the car ... has been loctited. The cap screws on the hub carriers in front, the drive cup set screws, the cap screw holding the clutch/pinion assembly to the engine. I have had each one of these come loose on the new GT2 and most come loose on the GT.
Thanks for the info. Sorry for my english. i mean all the teeth grind down. Anyway, i sent my GT2 back to the hobby shop and since they dont have stock for the part, i dont know what type or brand of 2nd gear for my car. So far so good. But we ordered the original 2nd gear "stock" and intended to try again, but this time we will follow your advice. By the way, how to make this GT2 run faster? I mean, from 50m/ph to 70 km/h like what Kyosho website stated "with slight modification"?
Old 01-10-2009, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Kyosho Inferno GT2 nitro percentage?

It's me again. What percentage of nitro is recomended for running GT2? Currently we use 25 percent of Nitro. Some local racer told us that we should use 16 percent. Some even said 20 percent. and another guy with a way difference idea, 35 percent. very confusing. What grade do u guys use for racing? Nitro grade just for fun at parking lot? thank you thank you to all of you.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

16% or 20% is good, it will work with 25% but you may have to add head shims to ease compression (never done myself)
Old 01-10-2009, 03:51 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by MikaR
16% or 20% is good, it will work with 25% but you may have to add head shims to ease compression (never done myself)
Some local racer said, with 18 or 20 % the engine run cooler and it will long life the engine.. But another guy opinion is that with 25 % it will protect the engine like a real car engine oil !!??? May i ask why must add a head shims to ease compression? We havent add or upgrade anything and running a 25% of nitro, and hope we did not do anything wrong here. Please advice.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Regular

If the gt2 is like the original IGT your engine wont last long at 25 or 30%. It is shimmed for 16% nitro. If you took it back for a stripped spur gear your new at this, dont atempt adding shims. Just change to 16 % fuel.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

What about Oil%?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:33 AM
Tech Adept

Default IGT2 Temperature limitstion

Hi, any expert here know how hot of temperature limit is the Inferno GT2? That day, my IGT2 reach 146 c !!! Is it too Hot? What range of temperature should i be aware of? I mean, range of temperature i should be running my IGT2. Currently using "Nitro -X" 25 % and thinking of getting 16% soon. Thanks guys
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Inferno GT2 part-07122008251.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT2 part-07122008254.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT2 part-07122008263.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT2 part-07122008269.jpg   Kyosho Inferno GT2 part-07122008258.jpg  

Last edited by Bullz; 01-12-2009 at 01:07 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.