Sirio S12-TRP 3 port

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sirio S12-TRP 3 port

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

STS and Sirio are the weakest in the reliability and dependability department. Good old Novarossi or rossi is the STUFF!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: STS

Originally posted by suntok2
no punch in the engine unlike sirio both punch and rpm are good
I saw STS "Dragon" yesterday-actualy disagree with you, very good performance, may be you need check you r car or gearing tunning, but engine is good.
Old 10-26-2003, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

A friend of mine is breaking in a D5 right now and so far his "reports" sound very optimistic.

We'll see soon I guess.

I have a D3 on the way..

Edward,

will your P/S sets fit the Dragon too?
(I know that the alignment pin is on the opposite side, but that can be fixed quickly)
Old 10-26-2003, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by stefan
A friend of mine is breaking in a D5 right now and so far his "reports" sound very optimistic.

We'll see soon I guess.

I have a D3 on the way..

Edward,

will your P/S sets fit the Dragon too?
(I know that the alignment pin is on the opposite side, but that can be fixed quickly)
I will check today if it will fit to D5. I tell for sure no need 5 ports to have real performance. Just need right set up everywhere.
Old 10-26-2003, 11:03 AM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: STS

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
I saw STS "Dragon" yesterday-actualy disagree with you, very good performance, may be you need check you r car or gearing tunning, but engine is good.
well said
Old 10-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Tech Master

well a fellow racer is dumping his Fantom and installing his Novarossi because he couldn't keep up with my Sirio.. Little does he know I just got a pretty large performance incease yesterday by swapping to a hot plug Hopefully I will stay in front

Originally posted by mtx3racer
STS and Sirio are the weakest in the reliability and dependability department. Good old Novarossi or rossi is the STUFF!!!!!
Old 10-26-2003, 07:57 PM
sup
Tech Addict

got the sirio guys! breaking it in, 2 tanks down. and still the engine is tight!!!! damn tight! ..i got scared when it did not respond to the starter box. had to disassemble it again to turn it by hand till it went a little soft. but its still hard, still have to yank the flyswheel with pliers to rotate the piston to the lower part then give another shot at the starter box. would have broken in with another tank this morning but i forgot to charge my glow starter (typical newbie mistake is suppose). got an OS A5 glowplug. do you guys think the plug is ok or a little cold for break-in? what plug do you guys recomend? thanks!
Old 10-26-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

I was running A5, from yesterday running A3 and there is a BIG lower rpm performance increase for me (also lower temps).

I always heat my engines up with a hair dryer before starting during break-in so they are not super tight. I don't like turning new engines over when cold, they are just to darn tight, IMO A lot of necessary stress on the internals. I give mine enough stress after break-in <grin>
Old 10-27-2003, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by mtx3racer
Have you tried Sirio?
Old 10-27-2003, 06:22 PM
sup
Tech Addict

sirio owners, any tips on how many turns (from close) for the high and low needle? am still in the process of bench break-in my engine and have about 5tanks down now. will be setting the servo and electronics later (still on the stand) before i run it tomorrow. any inputs? thanks!
Old 10-27-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Master

Bench break in? nooo.. put that sucker on the ground and drive it. I think I idle for like 2mins before driving and kept the temps up.

After the horrible waste of compression on my hyper 8 because of the idle method I'll never idle again. Though idle would be ok if it gets up to normal operating temps (200F?)
Old 10-27-2003, 09:21 PM
sup
Tech Addict

just playing safe au_nightmare.. will be running it tonight if i have the time. still have to set the servo and stuff before running it. so, what setting do you use for the high and low needles? thanks!
Old 10-27-2003, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Not sure man, just lean it out till it goes well I just found mine goes MUCH better on a hot plug. Needle settings will depend on your location etc, mine are different at home to when I drive 1.5hrs to the "local" track.

IMO Starting a cold engine and letting it idle is much more stressfull on the engine then pre-heating, starting then driving it around (keeping temps up)

When you sit there and idle tanks away the engine does not get up to operating temp, the sleeve etc does not expand to the normal operating size and you are breaking in a engine at a temperature its not going to be operating at = wasting life/compression on the engine.

I wrapped a cloth around the cooling head of my engine when driving it to get the temps up to 200f so it was run closer to normal operating temps. I also pre-heat my new engines before starting (untill they are broken in)

But thats just what I believe in, others have different methods

Ive tried the idle method, and I like to run'em now. I think my next engine will be pre-heat, start, run...