Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MR12 Bearings

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Tech Regular

Default MR12 Bearings

Someone have the sizes of the engine bearings for the Mugen MR12?

The parts listing shows the front bearing at 7x19x6 .. anyone have the rear bearing size?

And any thoughts on a good replacement bearing. I was probably going to go with Boca.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: MR12 Bearings

Hi EuroKRN,

The inner bearing of the engine is 11 x 21 x 5 for the MR12. The front bearing is easy to find but the inner one is proprietary size by Novarossi and hence more difficult to find replacement. Good luck !
Old 10-20-2003, 11:43 PM
Tech Regular

I have recently needed an inner bearing and it has also been brought to my attention that Nova has done abit of a shifty on us and made it nearly impossible to find the right inner diameter of the bearing from anywhere else. Meaning that you have to buy a Nova bearing. I have just got RB ones (Just like to thank Taylor-Racing for purchasing them on my behalf) for a cheaper price than Nova but was told that Nova do some sort of special work to the bearings increasing the performance of them? Dunno if this is bs or not.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:03 AM
Tech Prophet

The Nova and RB bearings are the same bearings. I don't think there's any special things done by Nova on their bearings when compared to RB's.

Most of the time, RB parts are generally more expensive than Nova's. I find it strange that you find RB bearings cheaper.
Old 10-21-2003, 06:11 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by InitialD
The Nova and RB bearings are the same bearings. I don't think there's any special things done by Nova on their bearings when compared to RB's.

Most of the time, RB parts are generally more expensive than Nova's. I find it strange that you find RB bearings cheaper.
InitialD,
Of course the Nova bearings are more expensive - 'cos they're in a Novarossi packet. . . . . that's what's special.

Seriously, though, in the land of down under I often find the RB parts are cheaper than their Nova equivilents - bearings, con rods, etc. Go figure.
Old 10-21-2003, 08:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks!

I'll check with Boca.
Old 10-22-2003, 01:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
InitialD,
Of course the Nova bearings are more expensive - 'cos they're in a Novarossi packet. . . . . that's what's special.

Seriously, though, in the land of down under I often find the RB parts are cheaper than their Nova equivilents - bearings, con rods, etc. Go figure.
Yes, my understanding also that RB stuff is FAR cheaper than Nova's stuff. I always liked to think that RB was a slightly lesser no frills version and as a result a slightly lower price tag. But NEVER compromising quality or performance.