Community
Wiki Posts
Search

V1SII VS GT-4W Street

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2003, 08:07 PM
Tech Rookie

Default V1SII VS GT-4W Street

Hi, I am planning to get a nitro car. After searching all around, found that V1SII and the GT-4W Street are almost the same price and with engin and pipe. If only comparing these 2 sets, which 1 should I go for? From the box's information, GT-4W Street comes with 2-speed and .18 engin where V1SII only has 1-speed and .12 engin. GT-4W Street also stated that it can speed up to 60 mph out of the box, is it true? Then how about V1SII? Can anyone state out the pros and cons of these 2 cars? Thanks.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

The V-one SII comes with a .15 engine and single speed. I have this car and would strongly advise on it over the GT-4W.

I have heard that with the GT-4 it has trouble with bogging down when it shifts into 2nd gear because there is such a large different in ratio's between 1st and 2nd gear.
Old 10-21-2003, 12:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks sausage_link. Anyone else have any comment on these two cars?
Old 10-21-2003, 01:17 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

The stock ratio isn't too large at all. I've seen plenty of GT4 RTR's run and they don't have any problems with bogging. The 2 speed was probably set to shift too early.

I've had a GT4W and GT4R and ran a variety of engines and gear ratios.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:24 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: V1SII VS GT-4W Street

Originally posted by TB01
Hi, I am planning to get a nitro car. After searching all around, found that V1SII and the GT-4W Street are almost the same price and with engin and pipe. If only comparing these 2 sets, which 1 should I go for? From the box's information, GT-4W Street comes with 2-speed and .18 engin where V1SII only has 1-speed and .12 engin. GT-4W Street also stated that it can speed up to 60 mph out of the box, is it true? Then how about V1SII? Can anyone state out the pros and cons of these 2 cars? Thanks.
Owned a V One S before....the plastics parts is more robust compare to TC3 etc...just an opinion..and quite easy to tune....if you change to Thunder Tiger Evo..you should see how it fly.....hahaha I mean bashing....
Old 10-21-2003, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There its almost nothing to compare, the GT4 RTR Yokomo car its more race-oriented than the V1S ... if you change the engine for a .12, the GT4 will perform good on the track ...

I own a GT4 since 3 years ago , and now own 2 gt4's top of te line and 1 RTR to bash around and wow !, the Yokomo its SO MUCH better than the V1SS ...

And about the bogging thing from 1st to 2nd gear, its just a thing of tunning the 2 speed kit.

cya !
Old 10-21-2003, 04:27 PM
Tech Master

I agree, the Yokomo is a real racecar.
Old 10-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally posted by Tabushi
There its almost nothing to compare, the GT4 RTR Yokomo car its more race-oriented than the V1S ... if you change the engine for a .12, the GT4 will perform good on the track ...

I own a GT4 since 3 years ago , and now own 2 gt4's top of te line and 1 RTR to bash around and wow !, the Yokomo its SO MUCH better than the V1SS ...

And about the bogging thing from 1st to 2nd gear, its just a thing of tunning the 2 speed kit.

cya !

Yes you're right...I mean for competition wise GT4 is much much better...but for beginner stage V1S is easy to use..just an opinion....
Old 10-21-2003, 07:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Re: V1SII VS GT-4W Street

Originally posted by TB01

Go for the GT4 ....
Old 10-21-2003, 10:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Thz for the feedbacks...

for this case, may get the gt4 since many of u recommended it...
Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Tech Elite

get the gt4s
Old 10-22-2003, 01:56 AM
Tech Master

Read the v-one S thread before you go ahead and jump into it.
Speak to some more people.... Your basing your decision on what like 10 replies...
Old 10-22-2003, 03:07 AM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

V1S owners will tell him to get the the V1S and GT4 owners will tell him to get the GT4. So it doesn't matter really unless someone has owned both.

It all comes down to if he is racing, what kind of parts support his LHS has, etc. They're still good cars, but if he was really serious about racing, the V1R is a more likely choice or GT4S.
Old 10-22-2003, 03:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think that one point will reveal that the GT4 its better ... both cars are great for beginers, easy to tune and all, both with pullstart engines and single needle carb ...

The thing is that the GT4 RTR its based on the same chassis that the GT4-S or GT4-W2L wich are pure racing cars ... so if you learn good on the GT4RTR and want to go out and race, just have to put a .12 engine on the chassis and go out ... after a while you will feel the need for the centax clutch, belt tensioner and 3-show 2 speed kit ... but more than that are only fashion upgrades (well, the aluminum shocks are a good thing) ...

hope this help ...
Old 10-22-2003, 04:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Tabushi
I think that one point will reveal that the GT4 its better ... both cars are great for beginers, easy to tune and all, both with pullstart engines and single needle carb ...

The thing is that the GT4 RTR its based on the same chassis that the GT4-S or GT4-W2L wich are pure racing cars ... so if you learn good on the GT4RTR and want to go out and race, just have to put a .12 engine on the chassis and go out ... after a while you will feel the need for the centax clutch, belt tensioner and 3-show 2 speed kit ... but more than that are only fashion upgrades (well, the aluminum shocks are a good thing) ...

hope this help ...
V-one S comes with double needle carb
And like the GT4-W the V-one S is based on the V-one R chassis. You will notice they share some parts and stuff like that :P

I would check out part support for the two brands like Dan said then go from there and do your research... Don't just go out and buy something because it says 60mph and stuff like that...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.