R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-22-2003, 07:25 AM   #16
Tech Elite
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Tabushi Send a message via Yahoo to Tabushi

I agree with sausage_link about not being taken by the marketing messages.

I used to run a VoneS and v/s the GT4-RTR it goes down, but i must admit that i dont know real close the NEW VoneSII so check that option too ... and take the sausage_link words in order to, if you finally think that both cars are equally capable, go for the one that offers you better part support in your area and take in account which cars are running your mates at the track cause you will want someone who can give you tunning advices and have experience on the chassis.

Hope this helps.
Patricio "PATO" Concha

E-Mail : pato_concha@yahoo.com
Facebook : http://www.facebook.com/patoconcha
Whatsapp : +56 9 66165085
Tabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2003, 11:29 PM   #17
Tech Rookie

Sigh... I know its too hard for u guys not bias on the car that u guys r driving... but I really hope u guys can help me out by comparing these 2 cars which 1 is more worth it to go with... I am not planning to change or upgrade anything on it coz this will only be my first nitro car for practice and learn about the engin tuning... At first I was planning to get a better car like V1RR Evo but noticed that those hi-end car cant have a PS engin (cheap), and been told that engin is not easy to tune for beginners like me... thats why I am going to get a car kit that is come with engin and pipe for me to start with...

So, hope you guys can understand my situation and give me some linear comments on both cars... From what I know, GT4 have the advantage on 2-speed and have bigger size engin... Any other hiddens pros and cons that is not stated in their homepage?

Will glad that you guys will state out why GT4/ SII is good and not just asking me to get which 1... Both cars have quite good supports here... so, this is not a concern for me...

Anyway, thanks again for all of you.
TB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 04:06 AM   #18
Tech Master
Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

Well if you plan on racing then you are going to want to start in stock class so you can't use a 2 speed in that...
Also bigger sized engine isn't always better. For your first car a RR evo wouldn't be a good idea because you would likely start out in a pro class....
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote