Community
Wiki Posts
Search

setup on Ofna OB4

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2002, 05:35 AM
Tech Rookie

Angry setup on Ofna OB4

can any one give me some info on a basic set up 4 the OB4, i can't get it to handle at all, it is very loose in the back.

did own TS4-n and had no trouble at all in getting it handle.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:13 PM
Tech Rookie

What set up are you using(camber, springs, shock oil, tires, toe, motor ect) Also what type of track were you running on (high grip medium grip, low grip, unprepared parking lot ect). If you answer these it will make it alot easier to help you.
Old 01-24-2002, 06:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Default OB4 setup

Yeh, the motor is a force .12 but this thing has some real go there is two other guys in my club one with a neo and one with a thunder tiger ta4-n and they dont go like mine, in a stright line my car keeps up with a V one R , picco .12. I don't have a setup board so tha settings are set with a RPM camber gauge
i'v tried many settings,settings now are:
Camber=front, 2deg neg rear 0
springs= front,hard rear soft
shock oil= front, 110w rear 25w
tyres= some as every one else (foam)
surface= unprepared parking lot. www.pdnracing.org

thanks for your help
Old 01-24-2002, 06:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Default OB4

i mean Ts4-n
Old 01-24-2002, 07:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Try this set up

front/rear

diff: 100,000wt, 50,000wt
shocks: 50wt, 50wt 110wt, thats way to thick
springs:Hard, Soft
Camber:1degree, 1.5 rear
TOE, 0 or 1 degree in,** 2.5 to 3 degree in**
Ride hieght 5mm, 5mm
Sway bar, Yes, no

**There is a U shaped peice that came with the car. Place the thickest one under your rear bulkhead. You may have to cut it into three pieces. This will keep your H arms level at ride hight.**

I bet your car was pushing when coming into a corner with that 110 wt oil. You may have a too soft of oil in the rear causing the butt end to wipe out when you put power to it. The more rear toe will give you more traction but don't go past 3 degree. If the rear end still wants to wipe out lower the rear end or raise the front a mm, the rear sits lower than the front. This will cause the more weight to be transfered to the back which will make more traction.
Play with the way your shocks are angled. The more sloped the softer it is. Also don't brake in a corner, keep a steadiy throttle throught the turns, and be smooth on the throttle don't gun it, this will also cause the butt end to slide. Once racing season starts back up I will keep you up to date on setups for this car!
Old 01-24-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Dan thank you for all your help i will give your set up a go , and i will let you no how it went.
Also is there a tyre you can recomend, should i use rubber eg: pro line LP slick 2 or should i use foam ?