Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Got a new car!

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2003, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Got a new car!

Well, I went ahead and bought the MTX-2 my LHS has for 150 OBO. Gave 110 cash for it, heres what I got:

MTX-2, Looks completely stock except engine
Nova Mega SX-12 engine
2 std servos
5 bodies (2 are really beat up though, one brand new stratus, unpainted)
6 sets of wheels and tires (3 foam sets, decent shape all 3 rubbers are about worn out)
Starter box (see below)
Box of spare screws, parts, etc

I'll get some pics soon. So do you guys think I got a good deal? Keep in mind I am new to this, I have been previously running my Kyosho Mantis GP (ack)

Also, about the starter box, It came with 2 battery packs, but both are about dead. They don't have enough juice to crank over the motor, I had to jump the starter box with my car battery, but the engine fired right up, and sounded great. What do I need to charge these battery packs with? I've never used a starter box before. I can take a pic of the battery packs/box if it would help.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Usually, a 12V gel cell batt is what's used for starter boxes. The 2 stick pack batts don't last that long.
Old 10-19-2003, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default Charging Stick packs

Ward;

(2), 7.2 volt Stick packs = 14+ volts. (Lighter overall weight, special charger needed).
You need a charger capable of charging R/C Car battery packs. There are special chargers that will charge 2 packs at once for a reasonable price, saving time.

(1), 12 volt Gel Cell = 12 volts. (Heavy, but simpler to charge)
Can be charged overnight with a 12v trickle charger.
Old 10-19-2003, 08:02 PM
Tech Addict

yeah it sounds as if you got a pretty good deal on that..i dont think you will be dissapointed..
Old 10-19-2003, 08:41 PM
Tech Initiate

The packs are the stick type, they look like the same kind of packs that come in cheapo Tyco and Nikko stuff :P I was also thinking of wiring in and mounting a plug to the box, and making a car cigarette lighter adapter (for emergency starting).