R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   RB engines are they any good (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/26263-rb-engines-they-any-good.html)

mohamed_own 10-18-2003 08:45 PM

RB engines are they any good

RB engines did any one try before and whats your opinion

Duane 10-18-2003 09:34 PM

Hello,

I have been running only RB engines for the last 4 years with great success. I have never had a motor with the level of dependability and power that I have experienced.

I recently attended the 1/8th worlds in Ohio and spent 3 days with Rody & Bernard from RB. After seeing the level of support and gratitude that they give there customers, I personally will probably never run any other motor out there.

Buy one, you can't go wrong......

D:nod:

B 10-18-2003 11:45 PM

I run an RB XT12 engine and am quite satisfied with it

It is a great engine with plenty of low end and mid range

you won't be disappointed!

Dexter 10-19-2003 02:11 AM

As above, reliable and powerful, what more could u want?

Omar 10-19-2003 05:46 PM

Get an RB it is worth every penny and more

Fisher890 10-19-2003 05:50 PM

Putting my MTX 3 together right now RB 12V 410 going in it as soon as Get the rest of my cash together. I love my 12C 103 in my RC10GT.

tIANcI 10-19-2003 11:07 PM

I love my NovaRossi and I think they are pretty rialiable, just saw a 5 port RB being run in and I must say it sond nice ... the engine sounds more throaty ... performance wise I don't know since its all based on perception only, I would say from the way the car accelerates there is more torque but again I hear from many quarters that the engine has great high end, I am sure they are great engines

FREAKAH 10-20-2003 12:01 AM

Originally posted by Fisher890
Putting my MTX 3 together right now RB 12V 410 going in it as soon as Get the rest of my cash together. I love my 12C 103 in my RC10GT.

:confused:

I thought you decided on and bought an HPI R40.

Fisher890 10-20-2003 01:48 AM

Yeah picked up the two boxes and asked for a front one way for the R 40 . Not in stock.....The R40 kinna fell outta my Hand for a $65 diff......... I'm impressed with the Kit so Far Gotta Buy some servos now!!!! This thing is a dream to put together ...everytime I think well what about this ... 'This' is the next step.^^^^^ Future Mugen HO^^^^^.Its gonna Kill me to Wait as long as I have to before its complete and Ready to Hit the Track.Thinking of selling some Rods and reels now........

trey 10-20-2003 06:21 AM

RB engines are just novas with more sleeve work done to them.

Go for the gusto, get an RB!

vones 10-20-2003 09:10 PM

Since tis is a RB engine thread I hve a question to ask you racers ....regarding the Rody Roem RB X12T.....I've seen the crankshaft broke on quite a few of tis babies....is it the inner bearings tats leads to the crankshaft failure..any kind soul willing to share their views on tis issue...? Since the Rody Roem Modified produces high rpms will it put more stress on the bearings itself?

Fisher890 10-20-2003 09:30 PM

Ask Rody.......www.RBproducts.com

Tag 10-20-2003 09:58 PM

RB makes great engines especially .21s . i had a S7 after good 5 gallons of fuel is still going strong ! :D

InitialD 10-20-2003 10:00 PM

Originally posted by vones
I've seen the crankshaft broke on quite a few of tis babies....is it the inner bearings tats leads to the crankshaft failure..any kind soul willing to share their views on tis issue...?
I don't own a Rody engine but I've seen many cases of broken crankshafts to get one. Yes, apparently there is some rumour that the inner bearings are not installed properly which causes crankshaft failures. I would not know if you would get an honest reply on this question if you ask Rody directly.

vones 10-20-2003 10:32 PM

Originally posted by InitialD
I don't own a Rody engine but I've seen many cases of broken crankshafts to get one. Yes, apparently there is some rumour that the inner bearings are not installed properly which causes crankshaft failures. I would not know if you would get an honest reply on this question if you ask Rody directly.
tats wat i tot too.....:( wonder if I upgrade the kit bearings will do any good?