Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.

This weekend at TRS race track will held the First "Mugen Open Cup".

Fukuda and Yuruki represent Mugen has arrived this morning.

Control Practice started approx 1:30pm today
Qualify will start tomorrow and Christmas Tree Format on Sunday

Pictures and results will follow.
Old 12-20-2008, 06:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is Link to some pictures from yesterday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maveric...7611417081340/

The track is new, just few months old. Good layout for Touring and 1/8

Today Fukuda got TQ, closely follow by Hung , "Pre world Champ".

1 more qualify on Sunday morning.

Fukuda is using Ninja 1/10 and JP for 1/8. Surprise he chose DNA over 3.1 for the body.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

New photos uploaded from the Final

http://www.flickr.com/photos/maverick-racing/

The final run under wet condition so track was slippery. Everyone were trying to find the best tyres ( some had rain tyres) some use whatever method possible to get more grip from the tires. So funny, check out the photo to see what drivers do to their tires.

Fukuda decided not to race because of wet track.
1/8, I won the race. by few laps because I had the right tires. Sorry winning is winning
Using Velox and Special prepared ATS tyres.
Titan Blitz New 1/8 body ( watch out this new body)
Nitro X Fuel

1/10, it was heavy rain so only 2 driver left On the track when organiser decided to stop. Hong Kong driver Alan yau won.
Using Mugen JP engine ( not sure his tyres but it is one of those Rain tyres)
Old 12-22-2008, 01:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here are pictures from the organiser, TR Speedway.

first Photo, Yuruki and Fukuda having fun...
Yuruki help to tune my Engine,
Group Photo and

Fukuda's car, using DNA body!
Attached Thumbnails Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-fans2.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-pic044redcomp.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-fans-group.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-fans-fukuda3.jpg  
Old 12-22-2008, 05:58 AM
Tech Adept

where abouts in Shanghai is it? - may pay it a visit in future...
Old 12-22-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Answer-RC
where abouts in Shanghai is it? - may pay it a visit in future...
Is approx 30 mins from the city. I will try to post a map
Old 12-22-2008, 07:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Nice track....
Old 12-25-2008, 07:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Nice track....
Yes, not bad at all. Next year around May, I think they will held another big race with many international drivers coming.
Hotel we stayed also very good and cheap approx US$30/night. Shanghai also nice place to visit and food no doubt, very good as well.

here are few more photos
Old 12-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hobby Shops inside track,

Beautiful Shanghai night life

My winning Shepherd Velox

Meeting room at the track

Fukuda car preparing for last Qualify
Attached Thumbnails Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-fukudapre.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-meetroom.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-mycar.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-shanghai-night.jpg   Mugen Open Cup, TRS Shanghai China.-shop1.jpg  

Old 12-28-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Rookie

Can you post the adress of the track? If you have information on other tracks in Shanghai area, especially offroad 1:8, I would appreciate information on that to.

Reason is simple. Since oktober I life ca 40% of my time in Shanghai. I am involved on advice and helping Chinese based companies and goverment institures out on starting up R&D programms (horticulture and biotech engineering). I would definitely like to keep up my driving skills in Shanghai to (in fact at the moment right now I am in Shanghai, will return to NL for newyear and be back end januar). I am hooked on 1:8 offroad but so far I did not find an offroad track in Shanghai. Would run onroad 1:8 rallygame if there is nothing else.
In Guangzhou where I stayd a few days there was a good track and race at the moment I was there. I did hear of this a few days after the race-event. Some drivers I know from joining the same Europe race scene where over for that race (drivers of the Ishima racing team). It is pitty I did not knew of that race. I would have joined for sure to measure up with and getting acquanted with chinese drivers. Will stay on parttime living in China for at least 3 years.
Old 12-28-2008, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by NjordNL
Can you post the adress of the track? If you have information on other tracks in Shanghai area, especially offroad 1:8, I would appreciate information on that to.

Reason is simple. Since oktober I life ca 40% of my time in Shanghai. I am involved on advice and helping Chinese based companies and goverment institures out on starting up R&D programms (horticulture and biotech engineering). I would definitely like to keep up my driving skills in Shanghai to (in fact at the moment right now I am in Shanghai, will return to NL for newyear and be back end januar). I am hooked on 1:8 offroad but so far I did not find an offroad track in Shanghai. Would run onroad 1:8 rallygame if there is nothing else.
In Guangzhou where I stayd a few days there was a good track and race at the moment I was there. I did hear of this a few days after the race-event. Some drivers I know from joining the same Europe race scene where over for that race (drivers of the Ishima racing team). It is pitty I did not knew of that race. I would have joined for sure to measure up with and getting acquanted with chinese drivers. Will stay on parttime living in China for at least 3 years.
Here is the Address in Chinese, may be cut and paste give to Taxi driver.
上海TRS赛车场(上海市沪青平公路1928号)

it is just outside a Bus station and almost opposite to large shopping Mall (carrefour and star buck...etc..)

you can also contact Tommy , [email protected] for more details.

I dont know about Off road track in Shanghai yet but you never Know. RC is picking up in China. A new Track could appear anytime. Currently there is 2 new On road in Shanghai both are very high standard. In fact, TRS just finished in Sept 2008.