R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   What is The Best Auto Tire Truer (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/26060-what-best-auto-tire-truer.html)

chookgb 10-15-2003 03:57 PM

What is The Best Auto Tire Truer

looking at getting an auto tire truer hudy,ofna or eagle let me know of your experience with these :nod:

treky11 10-15-2003 04:00 PM

The Hudy is considered the best. The most expensive but the best.

stefan 10-15-2003 04:21 PM

I have an Ofna for over 3 years and it does everything a Hudy does for half the money.

The new Eagle truer from Integy looks great too.

chookgb 10-15-2003 07:22 PM

Originally posted by stefan
I have an Ofna for over 3 years and it does everything a Hudy does for half the money.

The new Eagle truer from Integy looks great too.

thanks for the info does anyone else have a eagle truer?

rcmike 10-15-2003 07:25 PM

Ofna truer for about one year and no problems :)

fastharry™ 10-15-2003 07:57 PM

HUDY.....

the new HUDYs come with 2 tool holders,the aluminum case and a carbide bit standard(not std on the ofna)..plus its way easier to adjust coning angle on the HUDY...and the new hudy also has a travel limiter..so you can adjust the travel of the bit left to right and back(no need to travel ALL teh way over to the left side for touring tires)...

well worth the extra 150...for the quality,if nothing else...(ofna's are 239..without the carbide bit or case)...

and NO ONE can argue the quality of the HUDY..

Racer4Life 10-15-2003 09:05 PM

I have run the OFNA Automatic. It seems nice, but you will need to upgrade the bit!

However, the Integy truer works great. At a ultra low cost! You can cut at about any depth without hesitation.

Just my thoughts!!

stefan 10-16-2003 03:35 AM

Originally posted by fastharry
HUDY.....

the new HUDYs come with 2 tool holders,the aluminum case and a carbide bit standard(not std on the ofna)..plus its way easier to adjust coning angle on the HUDY...and the new hudy also has a travel limiter..so you can adjust the travel of the bit left to right and back(no need to travel ALL teh way over to the left side for touring tires)...

well worth the extra 150...for the quality,if nothing else...(ofna's are 239..without the carbide bit or case)...

and NO ONE can argue the quality of the HUDY..

The coning angle on the Ofna is adjusted by loosening one screw, how much more easy can it be on the Hudy?

Also, the Ofna has travel limiters in both directions too.

As for the carbide bit, IMHO it's a waste of money.

I use hacksaw blades made of HSS and doeble layer them and they cut as nice if not nicer than the Hudy bit, which btw can be worn out quickly as well.

fastharry™ 10-16-2003 05:06 AM

the bit is your opinion......every race I've been to,they use the carbide bits.....they do cut smoother...(I used a Integy saw blade recently,it wasn't as smooth as a carbide)...

the hudy has a knob on the front,with the angle's marked already...no screw turning.....

I noticed you didn't refute the HUDY quaility...that speaks volumes in my eyes....

Listen,I've used the ofna....it had HUDY arbors and a carbide bit..it was fine for the price.....(And every one of my freinds that has one,upgraded to HUDY arbors...more cost for the ofna)..

my point was,with the bit,case,and tool holders that let you cut ANY size tire,the hudy,IMO,was worth the extra dough...and my feeling has always been you get what you pay for...

I did all the research before I bought mine....I went to a big race where there were 60 1'8th scale racer's.......95% had the hudy...

buy what you want......I'm not getting into an argument over a tire truer.

http://www.mytsn.com/products/desc.asp?prid=1475

Suradaj 10-16-2003 08:37 AM

One friend has the full auto Ofna, his motor burned out and the arber doesn't spin true(Ofna arber).

My other friend has the Eagle, he said it works pretty good but it's very noisy. Cannot cut big chunks at on one pass(1/8).

I use the fully auto HUDY, very nice. I got mine for $399 with the bit and the tool for smaller tires new. Might be a bit of money but it's all worth it.

mtx3racer 10-16-2003 09:19 AM

Hudy and OFna-ofna is cheaper ALOT

fastharry™ 10-16-2003 04:17 PM

Originally posted by Suradaj
One friend has the full auto Ofna, his motor burned out and the arber doesn't spin true(Ofna arber).

My other friend has the Eagle, he said it works pretty good but it's very noisy. Cannot cut big chunks at on one pass(1/8).

I use the fully auto HUDY, very nice. I got mine for $399 with the bit and the tool for smaller tires new. Might be a bit of money but it's all worth it.

I rest my case....Cheaper isn't always better....

AMGRacer 10-16-2003 04:28 PM

I have the Q World truer (which I think is rebadged OFNA in the US) and it works great. You can only cut fairly shallow on each pass however or it becomes bogged. BUT I saw somebody doing deep passes on a HUDY and cooked the bit and motor in around 8 tires. These things are not metal lathes.

FAST1 10-16-2003 04:49 PM

I have a Corally tire truer for about a year now............I like it for the price!:cool: ($235)

I think OFNA makes it..........
:sneaky: :rolleyes: :smile: :confused:

Nothing can beat HUDY craftmanship but they can beat it's price!!:lol: :sweat: :smile: ;) :sneaky:

tl2111 10-16-2003 07:14 PM

Brooksy

Nothing beat Hudy in Craftmanship.