Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The best .21 engine thread....

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default The best .21 engine thread....

The aim is to gather all the available information through expiriences for the fastest, more powerfull onroad .21 engine.

O.S., SIRIO, WERKS, NOVAROSSI, RB CONCEPTS and any other you have expirienced with.
Old 12-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

I dont run 21's but I know who you should ask. URIAH MURNAN! is the onroad authority on engines.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:02 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by adofly
The aim is to gather all the available information through expiriences for the fastest, more powerfull onroad .21 engine.

O.S., SIRIO, WERKS, NOVAROSSI, RB CONCEPTS and any other you have expirienced with.
I did the research already and bought the Picco P9R Evo3. In stock form this engine is nasty. For the pice it can't be touched from what I have found. Mine has the stage(2) mod by Adam at AB mods and is locked dead on. Stall the clutch higher, and it will blow the doors off the best stock .28 from mid range to top end by more than 10mph in the same car and faster than the best modded .28's on top end.

Even throwing price out the window the only X-dyno I could find in the last year that posted better #'s is the Xenon Alpha and the Picco is much, much smoother.

Ask anyone except a die hard Nova fan and they will tell you the Picco P9R will run right with any of them for half the price, excellent quality, reliability and easy to tune and out sale all the other 21's combined from what I was told.

Again I have yet to see a true test....X-Dyno of a Nova 353 or 35plus 21. There are only maybe 2 or 3 .21's make over 2hp on the dyno and the P9R makes 2.14 stock and 2.35 modded with great fuel economy.

Here is the supporting X-dyno sheets, not just what I have seen. I'm not loyal to any company...I do the research and spend my hard earned cash on a tested proven engine.

Stock vs. AB Modded stage(2). This is the Evo2 not the Evo3