Community
Wiki Posts
Search

tires getting cut

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2003, 09:48 PM
Tech Addict

Default tires getting cut

anybody have any idea why my rear tires keep getting cut???even though the body is trimmed right and i also have sway bars this is on a rs 4 3 ss...i have tried everything i can think of and tonight i got another tire cut down to the insert i dont get it...
Old 10-11-2003, 09:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

its gotta be the body. remember even though it looks like the body is trimmed correctly, when the car is out there turning and stopping (and bumping into the rails...ahem) it can cause cut tires. I use foams and I thought i had my body cut right and i got cut front tires, so i trimmed the body even more and it solved the problem. I have yet to come across a cut tire when it isnt the body rubbing up against the tires.
Old 10-11-2003, 09:53 PM
Tech Addict

thanks man so i should check my body again??it gets alittle annoying when your tires are good and suddenly get cut it sucks...should i take more off the top of the fender well???
Old 10-11-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

yeah because i done some hard tracking tonight and the tire was cut up...and i thought i had it enough because its gonna look dorky the more i go with the cutting..
Old 10-12-2003, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

yea, I can never cut my body correctly. By the time i'm done with it so that it doesnt rub up aginst my tires it looks all hacked up. Just remember the main thing is finishing a race and with cut tires that probably wont happen. When i trim my body i make sure to have plenty of clearance all around. then what i do (not sure what car you have) is lower my body posts so that the body is a little closer to the tire (but not too close). Heck one time i even had to ream different body holes to make it look better. LOL! have fun.
Old 10-12-2003, 07:15 AM
Tech Addict

i have a viper and a supra body...but thanks for the help i will trim somemore off of them...