Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro or Serpent 720 08? >

Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro or Serpent 720 08?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro or Serpent 720 08?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008, 04:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro or Serpent 720 08?

Hey guys, I need help picking on which car I should get... I wanna race on the tracks or just drive out on the parking lot. Recently I wanted to purchase the Kyosho V One RRR, though later on I found out that the car don't come with the engine! So I don't want to spend more money on it just yet...

So I found out about the Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro and the Serpent 720 08 and have read reviews about them... Yet I'm still not sure on which ones to get.. As I know alot of you out here are more experienced then I am, I need your opinions... Please?

And of course it would be really helpful if you could tell me where to get them. I went down to a hobby shop yesterday and the guy told me he could order the Fusion .28 for me.... But not the Serpent. I've tried Ebay, but they don't have that many New conditioned ones... just one or two (Fusion .28)

And I noticed alot of Nitro RC websites are from the UK lol.. Any other websites from the states?

One last thing... just incase if I do decide to get the Kyosho V One RRR EVO... what type of Engine should i get for racing purposes?

Thanks..

Last edited by LuvAt1stBite; 12-02-2008 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Go to this website http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm. They are rally good people amd they will help you out, if I were you I would stop by their shop and talk to them, Sam or Nigel.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:37 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Go to this website http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm. They are rally good people amd they will help you out, if I were you I would stop by their shop and talk to them, Sam or Nigel.
Thanks for the info man. I called them up and they told me The Serpent 720 won't be available til January next year and I'm not sure if I misheard him say that the Kyosho V One RRR EVO 2 WC is coming out 2 weeks from now? Then again1 What engines are good for these cars...
Old 12-02-2008, 07:17 PM
Tech Regular

Your looking at 2 very different cars. They may be 1/10 touring cars but they couldnt be any less similar. They kyosho and serpent are kit cars that require some amount of skill and tools to assemble. .12 size engines are the rule for racing. Neither car can use a roto start, starter box only. The fusion is a basher for beginners. If this is your first car (RC) its probably not a good idea to build a pro level car like the kyosho or serpent or a xray or mugen. Another over powered car is the 4tec from traxxas. Its a basher,not racer. Like the schumacher.
Old 12-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

I agree with wizby 100%. You need to decide race (track only) OR basher (street and parking lots) the 4tec 3.3 is a fast fun car, But I'm a schumacher person. Schumachers are hard to get parts for also... most hobby shops carry traxxas parts.
Old 12-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Well my first car is a HPI RS4 EVO+. I've been driving it for a couple of months and I must admit that I'm not at the level where I can master with the tools and how to assemble the parts. Though at most time I drive for the fun of the sport, but it just urges me to go to the next level. Though I guess the Kyosho, Serpents or any other that is within the category is a bit too classy for me. I'd love to buy the Kyosho or the Serpents, but I'm patience enough to learn with other cars and gain experience before I get my hands on them. Now I need to ask you guys something, since the Fusion has the .28 engine, would the people that owns the track allows you to run on it? Most likely I'll be driving at Crystal Park Raceway at Compton. Does any of you know if it's allowed?

Thanks
Old 12-02-2008, 10:03 PM
Tech Rookie

And I know the track has practice and racing hours... and yes, i'll race whenever I am ready.. I just wanna practice for now..
Old 12-02-2008, 10:41 PM
Tech Master

LuvAT1stBite the club may not allow you to race since you would have an unfair advantage over your average .12 size motor. If the club follows roar rules for races you would be dis qualified because your motor is too big. In my opinion you would be better off getting the V1RRR or the Serpent 720. The fusion is not for newbee's because of the torque of the motor , if you are not running on a high grip surface you are going to spin out!! The 3 speed tranny is non adjustable and shifts inconsistantly, the bearing are of a poor quality and the clutch is weak for a big block motor like the .28 The instructions are poor too because they really don't go into enough detail so you would understand how to set the car up. You would need to buy a Wolfpack Radicals conversion kit just to half way get it to run properly. Save your money and go with the V1RRR or Serpent 720. The Fusion .28 is just a parking lot basher not legal for most club racing. And you can drop a .18 OS TZ in the V1RRR with out any problem.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by LuvAt1stBite
Hey guys, I need help picking on which car I should get... I wanna race on the tracks or just drive out on the parking lot. Recently I wanted to purchase the Kyosho V One RRR, though later on I found out that the car don't come with the engine! So I don't want to spend more money on it just yet...

So I found out about the Schumacher Fusion .28 Nitro and the Serpent 720 08 and have read reviews about them... Yet I'm still not sure on which ones to get.. As I know alot of you out here are more experienced then I am, I need your opinions... Please?

And of course it would be really helpful if you could tell me where to get them. I went down to a hobby shop yesterday and the guy told me he could order the Fusion .28 for me.... But not the Serpent. I've tried Ebay, but they don't have that many New conditioned ones... just one or two (Fusion .28)

And I noticed alot of Nitro RC websites are from the UK lol.. Any other websites from the states?

One last thing... just incase if I do decide to get the Kyosho V One RRR EVO... what type of Engine should i get for racing purposes?

Thanks..
even if you do get the serpent you have to get an engine. i would stay away from the fusion .28 just an oppinion
Old 12-03-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Lord

A nice start could be the Kyosho FW05 and FW06

The Serpent as also Mugen, Kyosho V-one series and Xray are belt driven cars which could cost a lot of belts running on dirty parkings, you do need to run them on RC tracks. The Shumacher has the same problem and changing the belt is the worst thing with that car...

The FW05/06 cars are devellopped on the base of the V-one racecars but are shaft driven and so they can stand more dirt. Also the FW models are good startermodels for low entry with clubracing.
Old 12-03-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I'd stay away from the Schumacher... Like Roelof said... best entry level car for parking lots is a shaft driven one...
Old 12-03-2008, 11:32 AM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the help guys. Of course it's a logical sense if I were to have a higher engine that they would not allow me to race on the track.. but my question is, will they allow me to practice with the Fusion .28 car? At the Crystal Park Raceway? or should i create another thread to ask? I have already ordered the Fusion .28 and gave my bro my HPI RS4 Evo+. So if there's anyone out there that drives at Crystal Park Raceway, please let me know If I am allowed to practice with a Fusion .28 on the track..

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2008, 03:28 PM
Tech Master

You will have to ask the president of the club that owns the track if you can practice on it. Belt wear should not be that bad with the Fusion since it has a belt guard. I have ran my Fusions on parking lots and belt wear was not that bad.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LuvAt1stBite
Thanks for the help guys. Of course it's a logical sense if I were to have a higher engine that they would not allow me to race on the track.. but my question is, will they allow me to practice with the Fusion .28 car? At the Crystal Park Raceway? or should i create another thread to ask? I have already ordered the Fusion .28 and gave my bro my HPI RS4 Evo+. So if there's anyone out there that drives at Crystal Park Raceway, please let me know If I am allowed to practice with a Fusion .28 on the track..

Thanks!
No doubt that Crystal park will let you run your Fusion .28.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
No doubt that Crystal park will let you run your Fusion .28.
Excuse my dead brain cells. Is that a yes or no?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.