Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Question] Servo's for 1/8 cars

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 03:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Default [Question] Servo's for 1/8 cars

Hello people,, im new here and i need your help on something..

Some years ago i bought these parts for my picco integra
a Sanwa MX-3 radio controller,2x Sanwa SX-112 that came with the controller , i also have a Hitec HS-5945MG digital servo for my steering..and i need your help on that because i think that it is too slow .. it hasn't been reprogrammed or anything and i would like you to tell me if that could be the problem..

I also have a 6V battery that i don't have the recharger of. :x

Plus that the controller's steering wheel isn't turning in full turns it is limited at 90 degrees and i can't get that much presicion out of it.

What would you suggest me to do?Because i don't think that my setup is really working..sorry for the nooby questions..don't flame me for that k?

Finally something irrelevant.. i haven't run the car for 5 years or so and i didn't put any oil in it so there maybe some rust in the crankshaft (i hope not!) do you know anything that could get rid of the carbon build-up and all else that accumulated over the years inside the engine?
Currently i have heard about anti-freeze ,brake cleaners, denaturated alcohol,and methanol so what would be the best for my case?

I saw this RCM 50W Ultrasonic Cleaner 220V would it help me get the dirt out of the engine?

Ok something else i need to replace the ball bearings will these be ok for me? Is it 12$ for each of them ?wtF???

Sorry if i made you dizzy with all these questions but i need to get the car back into tracks.

Last edited by darkie; 12-01-2008 at 04:16 AM.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Servo answer

I had that Hitech servo in my touring car and took it out it isn't good at all 0.13 speed is ok for when I raced dirt but for onroad I like .010. Try the airtronics 94358(more torque), or 94357(more speed). Also make sure you use a good throttle servo it makes a big difference in being smooth.

Last edited by ABRacing; 12-01-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Ok thank you for posting i have two stuck head screws the Allen head is kinda round and i can't get any grip out of them can somebody help me with that?

Last edited by darkie; 12-02-2008 at 01:14 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

When all else fails I cut a slot in them with a Dremel and use a flat blade screwdriver to remove them.

On the old motor you can either do a complete teardown, inspection and cleanup and possibly with new bearings or.... just warm it up to 180, fuel it up, prime the fuel line, pull the glow plug, open the carb, choke the carb, and crank it until you get a nice spray out of the glow plug hole - then pull the fuel line and crank it until the fuel spray clears - then reinstall the plug and fuel line and start it up.
Old 12-04-2008, 07:20 PM
Tech Adept

There you go thats what i would do if i ever stripped one,never done that before tho.