MTX 5

Old 10-28-2011, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
RC Market's website is one the slowest that I know of, and a lot of patience is needed when using it. It is that slow that it probably wouldn't open at all, if your internet connection speed is already slow. Trying another browser helps sometimes with slow speeds, the three browsers you could try are: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
finally it opened, but what a shame, its the slowest place ever, dude do something about it as youre losing sales!
Old 10-28-2011, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

finally release

part number B0542
Old 10-29-2011, 02:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

http://www.rc-mushroom.com/product_i...ducts_id=22885
Old 10-29-2011, 11:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We have had a lot of 5's in our area stripping gears can anyone help please.

I am running mine next week but I am not worried about gears right now, but just info to pass to my racers please.

Thank you Billy
Old 10-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
hey mate,
I havent run my car yet but im thinking its from chassie flex. I run my nt1 few years ago with a carbon fibre chassie and it stripped gears due to flex and it was fine before i made the change. hope this helps but im thinking a thicker chassie is the only way to stop it. But i will see how my car goes later this week.

cheers
fergo
Old 10-30-2011, 01:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by prettyinpink
hey mate,
I havent run my car yet but im thinking its from chassie flex. I run my nt1 few years ago with a carbon fibre chassie and it stripped gears due to flex and it was fine before i made the change. hope this helps but im thinking a thicker chassie is the only way to stop it. But i will see how my car goes later this week.

cheers
fergo
I think your are wrong mate. i don't think stripping gears comes from chassis flex when we talk about the mtx5. The car doesn't need a thicker chassis it's fine as is man. When the chassis flexes, it flexes in the direction of the engine (when the brakes are applied) so the gears remain in contact, the chassis does not flex away from the engine in normal operating conditions (you would need a shyt load of force to bend the small area at the back of the chassis away from the engine). The chassis flexes from left to right but i am pretty sure this occurs at the point infront of the engine.

There is no point holding the car and bending it as this isn't an indication of how the car flexes on the track, so IMHO, there's no point checking for "flex" like this.

the stripping comes from a poorly set two speed, ie one set screwed in more than the other or the gap being too small, or the two speed remaining engaged when going from 2nd to 1st gear. The issue of remaining engaged is related to the above issue (set screws uneven, or gap too small. The small gap means the shoes remain grabing just a bit and keeping the gears engaged, this is when it can strip).

stripping can also be caused by massive curb hopping. I did a fair bit of this at lilydale so i can say that the gears can take a fair bit of abuse

Stripping can also be caused by the gears being warped. You can warp the gears by screwing in the screws uneven, or into cold plastic. heat up the gears, and or pre tap the holes before screwing in the gear holders. the gears should spin true or very close to true.

Make sure you set the gear/engine gap with the larger spur off. leave the smallest of gaps. just enough so the spur spins without making a binding sound.

make sure the pinions are not worn out or sharp.

finally make sure that the larger pinion is not touching or close to touching the larger spur when the clutch is fully engaged. If the endplay is big enough, a warped gear could potentially grab the larger pinion at some points. Shim out the larger spur if needed.

happy racing

Last edited by TomB; 10-30-2011 at 02:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm sorry guys I must be wrong , TomB races alot and knows everything cheers fergo
Old 10-30-2011, 01:33 AM
Tech Champion

I'm sorry guys I must be wrong , TomB races alot and knows everything cheers fergo
ay man, i'm just saying what i think is the case The car was good to me at Lilydale so i've got nothing but kind words for the 5

....at the moment

also i saw a young QLD racer bust gears like crazy at Lilydale...it ended up being the 2 speed clutch from memory.
Old 10-30-2011, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

You got a guy who raced it for 5 tough days at the nats and didnt have an issue V's a guy who hasn't raced it yet.... hmmmmm
Old 10-30-2011, 02:33 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default mtx-5 stripping gears

after being at the australian titles and helping one of the guys running this car,one solution is to keep the split between the gears the same (ie.odd gap in both pinions and 2sp 15/20 53/48).the guy i helped tried a different 2sp gear and it stipped but went back and had no problems after that. i hope this little bit of lnfo may help in some way.
Old 10-30-2011, 02:52 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by andy733
after being at the australian titles and helping one of the guys running this car,one solution is to keep the split between the gears the same (ie.odd gap in both pinions and 2sp 15/20 53/48).the guy i helped tried a different 2sp gear and it stipped but went back and had no problems after that. i hope this little bit of lnfo may help in some way.
just a side note, i ran 54/49 and 15/21 without an issue.
Old 10-30-2011, 04:50 AM
prg
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Gear stripping

Hi guys
Just a bit of information about our experience with gear stripping, we ran two cars and one developed a major gear stripping problem. The complete rear shaft and all associated parts was sapped from the good car to the one stripping gears . All this did was to continue to strip gears that had been running on the good car.
The reason and solution.. We found that as a result of the clutch bearing stopper not been completely centered the clutch shoe at worn at angle. This then appeared to engage the clutch bell at a slight angle and consequently would not run true.
We replaced the clutch shoe only (as we had already replaced the bearing stopper) and Wulla , no more stripped gears, the car ran at a 3 hour enduro today with no gear stripping issues at all. Hope this helps
Old 10-30-2011, 06:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Unhappy blow out of rear diff...

finally my rear diff was blow out after 3 race..my suggestion for mtx5 owner,check your both diff after two race..
Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by postopitcrew
finally my rear diff was blow out after 3 race..my suggestion for mtx5 owner,check your both diff after two race..
Read thart in spain some srivers are using additional shims so to avoid blowing
Diffs Maybe .2mm in total and see if that prevents
Old 10-30-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

IN PAGE 40 it shows Pietch's car with different back shaft base. Maybe this base exists for not stripping gears? Because the shaft may have a gap.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.