Tech Apprentice

New details at www.mugenseiki.com

-Parts list
-Instruction manual
-setup sheet
Old 08-25-2011, 05:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Roberts EC winning setup sheet in on the settings page as well...
Old 08-25-2011, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i just noticed that the kit car comes with the standard belts, robert used the low friction (kevlar?) belts.

looks like the kit comes with CVD's all round and alloy hex hubs. good.

Robert P's car with low friction belts
Old 08-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Tech Elite

The kit spec generally looks very good, a few things surprise/interest me, like I thought it was going to use one arm for left/right rear, but they have gone two parts there.

Also I don't see a short lower bumper section yet, all the belts seem the same as the 4, same brake disk/pad as the 8th scale awesome, general reduction of parts seems very good, as per the use of same part numbers everywhere, like all four shocks and CV shafts epic.

Last observation is I just don't see a 5th body mount, which is weird when Robert used one at the EC, that looked tacked on, but no effort to revise and add one in the final spec?.

But hey, I'm borderline tweaking out waiting now, result of selling off most my nitro gear ages ago, stead fast decision not to buy anything till I got the 5, meaning I have done little nitro at all really overall...
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Luís Cortez
New details at www.mugenseiki.com

-Parts list
-Instruction manual
-setup sheet
I have only seen written "updated" .. but I see no updates.
low friction belts are optional, as usual
Old 08-25-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Addict

any other drivers use MTX5...? only RP...?
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zamrioo2
any other drivers use MTX5...? only RP...?
2 more drivers in the final ran the car, but they didn't have the pace robert did which isn't surprising because he was the designer and test driver for the 5.
Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
Robert P's car with low friction belts
[/img]
I think those are the "rubber" belts
Old 08-25-2011, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Robert would probably be the only person in the world at this stage who has done serious track time with the new 5 (and he said in an interview during the EC he had done a 'lot' of track time with it).

Will that translate to results for anyone who buys one?, at this stage no one can guarantee results with it, no one knows yet if it will work for everyone, don't be looking for magic bullets in RC, there were hordes of Xrays in the final, and a single Mugen, what does that say?, who the hell knows.

Edit: Just sent off the funds for mine, now the hard last wait begins, who else is getting in on the first shipment?.

Last edited by Bishop; 08-25-2011 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:27 AM
Tech Lord

Well, the 8 Xray cars in the EC-A final is just the law of the large numbers I think, never the less with all the big names with other brands Xray still have done a good job.

I would have expected more from RickV, this guy is becomming better every year but did not get that far althoug if you have seen where he was standing at the start of the EC he made a lot of improvement.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Thumbs down

Why still cvd's in the front, why not lcd's, ecs, dcj's, etc.....it's the trend nowadays !!!!! Unless Mugen is coming with their own drive systems............
Old 08-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Bishop
Robert would probably be the only person in the world at this stage who has done serious track time with the new 5 (and he said in an interview during the EC he had done a 'lot' of track time with it).

Will that translate to results for anyone who buys one?, at this stage no one can guarantee results with it, no one knows yet if it will work for everyone, don't be looking for magic bullets in RC, there were hordes of Xrays in the final, and a single Mugen, what does that say?, who the hell knows.
There were 3 mugens in the final, but there are a lot of xrays in the EU. But I think no matter how many cars were entered that was a good result for a debut. It looks like they fixed the main problem with the 4, and that was the drivetrain was lacking in efficiency and durability (stripping spurs). Hopefully the spur gear issue is gone (I would guess as much) but time will tell. Wouldn't stop me from getting one. Also at the price point they are at for the preorder prices and no fancy clutch to buy and no diff upgrades.. Looks like we have a winner at less than 600 dollars. Robert used a non stock clutch spring and I think that was about it for non stock drivetrain parts.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by nazarc
I have only seen written "updated" .. but I see no updates.
low friction belts are optional, as usual
do not use firefox, use explorer and then youll see the udpated manual pars, setting sheet
Old 08-25-2011, 10:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
There were 3 mugens in the final, but there are a lot of xrays in the EU. But I think no matter how many cars were entered that was a good result for a debut. It looks like they fixed the main problem with the 4, and that was the drivetrain was lacking in efficiency and durability (stripping spurs). Hopefully the spur gear issue is gone (I would guess as much) but time will tell. Wouldn't stop me from getting one. Also at the price point they are at for the preorder prices and no fancy clutch to buy and no diff upgrades.. Looks like we have a winner at less than 600 dollars. Robert used a non stock clutch spring and I think that was about it for non stock drivetrain parts.
There was only one Mugen in the final, Pietsch's, Rick and Tironi were off the pace and were heaving terrible understeer the entire week. When it had some oversteer it was snap-oversteer in mid-corner.

The drivetrain is very good, Rick's car had the smoothest drivetrain I've ever seen, even better then mine.
Clutch was also very good.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rx7ttlm
There were 3 mugens in the final,
What final do you keep referring to, was there another race we did not see ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.