Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 10:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brc358
Well said!. I have a MTX4R and a first edition RRR, and it seems like everyone at our local track has jumped on the bandwagon to buy the new Serpent 733.
I am Very happy with both cars, but do run my Mugen much more than my RRR.
I think a lot of drivers are looking for the "missing piece" that will land them in the A mains, and think that the new car might just do that. If you cant win with the cars that are out now, I doubt if the newer cars will make much if any difference.
I ran the wheels off my MTX3 before I changed to the MTX4R, and really the only reason I changed was because the parts were starting to get difficult to find for the MTX3.
Well said yourself!! I still have my MTX3 with a couple of minor upgrades and the only reason I went over to the MTX4 was because of parts availability was drying up for the MTX3. The 3 is still a good car and I did stock up on parts but have relegated it to parking lot club racing (with an OS 12TZ, it is a very good medium to small track racer) and use my 4 for the big tracks.

As far as the "missing piece", it is more about the right tires/setup and refining the driving skill more than a new car (latest/greatest). I have landed in higher mains more for working on the driving skills and making adjustments to the car as the track situation dictates more than switching cars. Now, I have on occasions bought one of the other cars just to see all the hype, but eventually sold it to someone looking for one cheaper than a new one and went back to my Mugens.
Old 09-08-2009, 10:17 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

what? still no word on this !
lol
lol
Old 09-08-2009, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayL
lol
lol
Be patient. When they build it, we will buy!!!
Old 09-08-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I still love my mugen. I'm still pulling more speed out of my mugen after 3 years of running. There is no way I would want to start over with a new chassis unless it's an MTX5. Anyone know who has the kawahara upper arm mounts for sell? (complete set)

Pass you soon...
Old 09-08-2009, 01:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
If your car is still working/reliable and still competitive with the others on the market now, then what is the problem?
People like change and yes change can be good. Prime example Bush to Obama To answer this question as to why manufactures are constantly changing their cars is that technology changes and the need to be number 1. Remember in order to make an omlet you HAVE to break a few eggs. NOTHING is ever truly perfect the first time round.

Novarossi and ALL the other engine manufactures all inject new engines to the market yearly, why? Simply just to make it better (and boost sales but I never said that). Even Mugen did this, that is why there is an "R" version to their chassis.

In summary change is a necessary evil in our hobby.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

I believe most of the engineering efforts at Mugen were placed in the offroad sector. I believe once those projects are finished. I see the Mtx4r on the block next.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JayL
lol
lol
Jay just wants something new to buy.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I still love my mugen. I'm still pulling more speed out of my mugen after 3 years of running. There is no way I would want to start over with a new chassis unless it's an MTX5. Anyone know who has the kawahara upper arm mounts for sell? (complete set)

Pass you soon...

go to rc champ, you can get tons of parts still available from kawahara, fast and well priced
shipping, and you can get options parts such as knack also.
support otherwise your lhs

good luck
Old 09-08-2009, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trickd122
People like change and yes change can be good. Prime example Bush to Obama To answer this question as to why manufactures are constantly changing their cars is that technology changes and the need to be number 1. Remember in order to make an omlet you HAVE to break a few eggs. NOTHING is ever truly perfect the first time round.

Novarossi and ALL the other engine manufactures all inject new engines to the market yearly, why? Simply just to make it better (and boost sales but I never said that). Even Mugen did this, that is why there is an "R" version to their chassis.

In summary change is a necessary evil in our hobby.
Change is good upto a certain point... I think mugen has had a great history of Coming out with a great design followed by some changes through a 3-4 year run on a design.. These changes usually is less than $100.00 and is more of a tuning option vs an upgrade....
Old 09-08-2009, 01:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by lil-bump
I believe most of the engineering efforts at Mugen were placed in the offroad sector. I believe once those projects are finished. I see the Mtx4r on the block next.
Well, that should be over with now that the MBX6/6T are on the market. While we are debating and spinning this, they are probably working on the redesigns of the MTX4R/MRX4X now. With the Worlds coming to Houston (the Porter track), you know that a prototype of both with soon be out and testing will begin somewhere in Asia by October.

Last edited by JLock; 09-08-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 09-08-2009, 01:32 PM
Tech Elite

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Francis M.
Change is good upto a certain point... I think mugen has had a great history of Coming out with a great design followed by some changes through a 3-4 year run on a design.. These changes usually is less than $100.00 and is more of a tuning option vs an upgrade....
+1 on this post!
Old 09-08-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Well, that should be over with now that the MBX6/6T are on the market. While we are debating and spinning this, there are probably working on the redesigns of the MTX4R/MRX4X now. With the Worlds coming to Houston (the Porter track), you know that a prototype of both with soon be out and testing will begin somewhere in Asia by October.

I have to agree. I believe Mbx6/mbx6t are pretty much done. Only time will tell; and I plenty!!!!

Pass you soon...
Old 09-11-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Adept

Mtx-4R still one of the best 1/10 cars on the r/c market BUT all others brands have release new products with new technology on the designs,moore adjustment features and new setting options, for example the new serpent S733,finals of 2008 Kyosho change the car and the new Xray NT1'09 version, we the mugen driver's need a new car with the new technology and desings updates!!!
SO, MUGEN SEIKI WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU GUYS !!!
Old 09-11-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRGTR
Mtx-4R still one of the best 1/10 cars on the r/c market BUT all others brands have release new products with new technology on the designs,moore adjustment features and new setting options, for example the new serpent S733,finals of 2008 Kyosho change the car and the new Xray NT1'09 version, we the mugen driver's need a new car with the new technology and desings updates!!!
SO, MUGEN SEIKI WE ARE COUNTING ON YOU GUYS !!!
Again, be patient my fellow Mugen racer. Something is coming down the pipe soon, especially with the Worlds just around the corner here in my homestate of Texas at one of the nicest facilities going.
Old 09-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Again, be patient my fellow Mugen racer. Something is coming down the pipe soon, especially with the Worlds just around the corner here in my homestate of Texas at one of the nicest facilities going.
I know, I am a little ansious about a new sedan, some people says it's comming some people says it's not comming and every other brands have a new toy you know we need it! to be updated with the market, here in Puerto Rico the other racer's says you with the OLD CAR jajaja but we are the ones leading the local championship with the OLD CAR!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.