Old 09-15-2011, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by rave1010hk
My MTX5
dear sir, what is the size for the rear body screws that are white in the pic
Old 09-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Very cool kit. Thanks for all the cool pics and 411.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Tech Rookie

hi! nice pictures and information i ll put mines soon! I saw on "chookgb" picture something wrong... I also used the pressure stabilizer and the tube to the exhaust so long and I always had problems and poor performance carburetion on my Novarossi engines. After discussing in forums here in Europe I recommend removing the Stabilizer Pressure and shorten the tube to the 15-17cms and the change was excellent! you should try it.
Old 09-15-2011, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pegatinaman
hi! nice pictures and information i ll put mines soon! I saw on "chookgb" picture something wrong... I also used the pressure stabilizer and the tube to the exhaust so long and I always had problems and poor performance carburetion on my Novarossi engines. After discussing in forums here in Europe I recommend removing the Stabilizer Pressure and shorten the tube to the 15-17cms and the change was excellent! you should try it.
This info could possibly be of help to someone on the Novarossi thread. Perhaps you could post it there also.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 09-15-2011, 03:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TomB
i had to do some dremeling to get my ko propo low profile servo to fit.
It also didn't help that i shortened the wires when i had the NT1 and the servo wire was half a centre metre too short. it fit but only just.

i'm using a regulator for my lipo and i really had some issues squishing the regulator (novak) and all the wires and crap into the box.

the build is almost done now.

Chook, from the picture it looks like it says Nova "Jese"
Tom if you are using a novak regulator with soft touch switch, have you resoldered the switch wires. Mine were poorly soldered.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
Tom if you are using a novak regulator with soft touch switch, have you resoldered the switch wires. Mine were poorly soldered.

Hi H, i'm not sure which one is the soft touch switch. mine has an orange switch box thingy. it's been pretty reliable for me since i got it. i'm hoping that being tight in the box will keep it safe. but i am concerned with it. i'm waiting to finish the build before i decide where to glue the switch to.

i would run without a regulator but i'm not sure if the low profile koprop servo and the sanwa erg VZ can handle .4 to 7.6 volts. it would be great if i could just use a plug straight from battery to reciever
Old 09-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Hi H, i'm not sure which one is the soft touch switch. mine has an orange switch box thingy. it's been pretty reliable for me since i got it. i'm hoping that being tight in the box will keep it safe. but i am concerned with it. i'm waiting to finish the build before i decide where to glue the switch to.

i would run without a regulator but i'm not sure if the low profile koprop servo and the sanwa erg VZ can handle .4 to 7.6 volts. it would be great if i could just use a plug straight from battery to reciever
Yep that's the one, it might be worth prying it open and re-soldering them.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by blis
Yep that's the one, it might be worth prying it open and re-soldering them.
faark...i don't have the right soldering iron for it anyway
what watage iron did you use Blis?

I think i know what mtx5 users will consider the biggest pain with this car...the removal of the front diff. I removed it after building it as it was leaking and you need to remove:
the top deck
the bumper bar
and one side bracket

lol basically half the car. Anyone found an easier way?
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Tech Champion

some little mods i did. Lowered the battery (using a lipo)

i also raised the height of the tank from the front and dremelled down the ball end as it was touching the tank limiting the overall steering throw. I'm not sure if i'll ever use this much steering, but no point limiting it i guess

the below picture is at full steering throw

Old 09-16-2011, 12:17 PM
Tech Regular

hai guy... my new baby MTX5 in my workshop...
Attached Thumbnails MTX 5-002.jpg  
Old 09-16-2011, 12:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ABGDjr
hai guy... my new baby MTX5 in my workshop...
lucky you.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

faark...i don't have the right soldering iron for it

I think i know what mtx5 users will consider the biggest pain with this car...the removal of the front diff. I removed it after building it as it was leaking and you need to remove:
the top deck
the bumper bar
and one side bracket
Are you sure about that?
Old 09-16-2011, 01:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nikoskar
Are you sure about that?
is right but very nice building kit
Old 09-16-2011, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I have noticed that after 12 tanks or so running the car in last 2 days my front belt is getting minor wear marks on the flatside. I think the belt is rubbing on the stabilizer bar holder on full throttle or maybe small debris gets stucks and rubs on the belt as clearance between the front belt and the stabi bar holder is nothing. I will try to dremel the stabi holder to create abit of space and see if it will solve the issue. Everything else is strong. Drivetrain (Pinions, spurs, CVDs and pulleys) are still like new, no visible wear so it looking like a very strong car.

The car generates alot of grip so its good to drive on the corners so I have to set the clutch abit softer so it drives like an electric car

Old 09-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Les
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Front diff

Someone mentioned you have to remove the top deck to remove the front diff,would this be correct, seems strange.

Cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.