MTX 5

Old 03-02-2010, 06:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by gentleman81
does anyone have the link to the mugen run forum? i lost it when i cleaned my pc
MugenRacing.com
Old 03-06-2010, 02:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default are they or arnt they

guys got word from our aust distributor that mugen is releasing a new 200mm tourer this year.the reason its taken so long is mugen dont normally design cars based on public pressure .in other words if it works why change it but it seems they changed there mind due to recent releases from other brands.and lets face it theres more bang for your buck being offered eg:aluminium bulkheads and so on.Here i can buy a velox v10 for the same as mtx4r or nt1 09,serpent 733 for less.it was a bad decsision to wait so long i no alot of guy got fed up waiting and just changed brands.:shame
Old 03-21-2010, 08:12 PM
Tech Master

heard local distributor informing that a new mtx5 will be releasing after June, is it truth or just rumours spreading around

Last edited by fatboy; 03-21-2010 at 08:28 PM.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

should be a great kit
Old 03-23-2010, 02:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I'm curious to see what Mugen come up with for the 5 series, will it be a further refinement of the previous model, or something all new?.

Got to say there seems to be a heap of guys jumping ship right now, switching to Xray or Velox (or even Magic), so maybe Mugen did rest a little long between versions.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well, I for one am not impatient and will wait for the new car. I have posted on here several times to be patient as Mugen does not rush new/redesigned products to market like the other companies. My MTX4 has been working great and when my driving is on point, keeping in the upper tier of races that I participate. So, I will continue to roll with the "ancient" car until the new one comes out.
Old 03-23-2010, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JLock
Well, I for one am not impatient and will wait for the new car. I have posted on here several times to be patient as Mugen does not rush new/redesigned products to market like the other companies. My MTX4 has been working great and when my driving is on point, keeping in the upper tier of races that I participate. So, I will continue to roll with the "ancient" car until the new one comes out.
Ditto....
Old 03-24-2010, 08:17 AM
Tech Adept

Amen! brother jlock!
Old 03-25-2010, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I hope that Mugen will address this one area with the new car that seems to be a slight issue on the previous models: put a stiffening brace on the exhaust-side of the car to take out the flex that contributes to gear stripping.
Old 03-25-2010, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I hope that Mugen will address this one area with the new car that seems to be a slight issue on the previous models: put a stiffening brace on the exhaust-side of the car to take out the flex that contributes to gear stripping.
The problem is in the transmission itself. I have seen Serpent Transmissions on this car not strip gears for a complete year.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Riketsu
The problem is in the transmission itself. I have seen Serpent Transmissions on this car not strip gears for a complete year.
I went through 2 MTX4 and 3 MTX4-R since the car was released and NEVER had a gear stripping issue.
None of my fellow racers that run or ran MTX4's ever had that problem.

I once saw a guy in the north who thought he had a stripping issue.
Turned out, that he matched his gears only on first gear.

After correct adjustment the problem was gone.

This is strange!
Old 03-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
I went through 2 MTX4 and 3 MTX4-R since the car was released and NEVER had a gear stripping issue.

This is strange!
I also never had a stripping problem except for builder error. This past weekend I stripped two gears thinking I meshed everything correctly. It turned out that I lost 1 screw on top of the engine mount and the 1 screw remaining on the front engine mount was loose. I replaced the missing screw, tightened all screws and did not have a problem the rest of the weekend...
Prior to stripping the gears this weekend. I've raced using the same spur gears through 2 races which had 45 min mains each...
Old 03-25-2010, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Riketsu
the stripping issue is more like a mith! I ran with the spurs I used on the past Ohio nats(and they was older spurs) and still using the same spurs and no stripping! the secret is capricorn clutch and a lot of detail on matching the mesh! that's all, BTW last weekend I saw a serpent stripping both spur gears so the serpent transmission is not ALL MIGTHY!
Old 03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Francis M.
I also never had a stripping problem except for builder error. This past weekend I stripped two gears thinking I meshed everything correctly. It turned out that I lost 1 screw on top of the engine mount and the 1 screw remaining on the front engine mount was loose. I replaced the missing screw, tightened all screws and did not have a problem the rest of the weekend...
Prior to stripping the gears this weekend. I've raced using the same spur gears through 2 races which had 45 min mains each...
francis, you also don't hit things... lol

I don't know exactly what the reason for the gear stripping was. But I have seen way more mugens lose 2nd gear than any other mfg...... coincidence? I don't know... . I know with the cars I run now, if I run more than a 5 tooth pinion split its more prone to stripping...

but I am looking forward to what mugen rolls out for the next touring car..
Old 03-25-2010, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan

This is strange!
I don't really want to upset any of the Mugen fans; but stripped gears is the only complaint I ever hear about the MTX4, and the car is bullet proof in every other respect.

We are very much looking forward to the MTX5, and we hope that we are going to see one soon, but I also believe that the issue of stripped gears needs to be addressed. It would perhaps also be good if the front belt and diff was a little easier to get to; to speed up replacements of broken belts in my view.

Sorry if I offended someone.
Lars.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.