MTX 5

Old 02-13-2012, 01:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

back to racing i want all cars weighed before racing so everybody is racing within the rules and not just mugens /stickler for rules so it is level field you can all run your million dollar engines we will run old bitsa as usual have to run in for sydney///new rod soon
greg
Old 02-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
kerri ebay tough racing $5 bucks bailey has ran one for about 5 hours1.5 at wynnum they are replacement ///rubber/kev you can get all sorts even for electric
greg
Cool, I was trying to remember the one Finchy was showing me Saturday, that looks like them I think, so I'll probally get a few of those to try.

Originally Posted by TomB
Mugen's rubber belts are kevlar i think. they are the brown type xray have. The squeeking i think comes from the side belt. I could be wrong, but i think the rear pulley is a little further out than the front pulley ...i could be wrong though. the rear belt should be easy to get free as you can run it at a loose setting.

Also with the diffs you need to run the diff oil suitable to the track, so running 70k if you really need 30k won't work as you will have a loose rear end.

just run the larger pinions as metal and run the rest of the internal gears stock it should hold up for quite a while with the larger gears in metal.
Don't know about the Mugen rubbers, when I used one on the 4 they chewed so quickly, your possibly right about being kevlar backed though.
I checked and rechecked on my five, rear belt has all my squeak and friction, even when fully loose it's better, but the stock urethane belts don't have the flex to transition from such a large pulley to a small pulley smoothly.

It's likely I'm being picky here, cause with all my belts set as loose as possible with the urethane, it's got ok roll, I just want more though, and that squeak on the rear drives me nuts even if it's not a big deal (the OCD kicking in there), from memory the urethane belts are a pain anyway, just when they free up they usually snap.

Your right about the side pulley offset, I noticed the side belt always will end up running hard on one edge, likely not good on the side belts.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:34 AM
Tech Elite

back to racing i want all cars weighed before racing so everybody is racing within the rules and not just mugens /stickler for rules so it is level field you can all run your million dollar engines we will run old bitsa as usual have to run in for sydney///new rod soon
greg
Spoil sport, the facebook crowd have been running a featherweight battle for weeks now...
(Now excuse me while I go sabotage the clubs scales...)

Last edited by Bishop; 02-13-2012 at 02:21 AM. Reason: oops, now I'm getting words wrong...
Old 02-13-2012, 01:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

we will now if you do ours will be 2 bricks get some graphite powder some won told me it works wonders on belts
greg
Old 02-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mugen

have to put it away fed up with spellcheck i have been told i am still getting chassis wrong will try better///greg
Old 02-13-2012, 02:23 AM
Tech Elite

have to put it away fed up with spellcheck i have been told i am still getting chassis wrong will try better///greg
It really does not matter Greg, don't get too caught up in it, you will just stress over nothing.
Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 AM
Tech Elite

Default Mugen MTX5 Downunder...

While the trash talk between the camps is a norm amongst Aussies, I found an image to put some of the faces of Mugen racing in Au for our international friends.

Just prior to announcing the Mugen sponsorship news, found a picture at our national titles while driving a different blue car. The news that Jeff's driving skill was recognized by Mugen was long awaited and well deserved and generated a lot of excitement for us at home. Jeff is a master at the wheel and no doubt will live up to the expectations of all the Mugen fans world wide.

Left, to right...

MTX 5-medium_gopr0700.jpg

Jeff Hamon (Team driver), Brendan Podlich ("Podified" Engine modifier - Engineer) and Daniel Morris Mugen devotee and MRX5 privateer and his fiancée.

I seem a little more RED now, but hey... Viva RC!
Old 02-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

just tried zeppin mbl kevlar belts(similar to mugen rubbers), lots of free roll as long as long as
the front rears and side are on the loose position,! urethan belts last longer if theyre on the tigh position so no free roll on those but on the other side no teeth misiing
up to two gallons of fue on the car with stock gears l with 60k diff oil on the rear but every 2 liters, change of diff oil!!
, i guess that if you rotate the diffs front and rears left to right specially if you run clockwise only, can give you up to 3 gallons or even more on on set of stock gears!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blis
While the trash talk between the camps is a norm amongst Aussies, I found an image to put some of the faces of Mugen racing in Au for our international friends.

Just prior to announcing the Mugen sponsorship news, found a picture at our national titles while driving a different blue car. The news that Jeff's driving skill was recognized by Mugen was long awaited and well deserved and generated a lot of excitement for us at home. Jeff is a master at the wheel and no doubt will live up to the expectations of all the Mugen fans world wide.

Left, to right...

Attachment 877864

Jeff Hamon (Team driver), Brendan Podlich ("Podified" Engine modifier - Engineer) and Daniel Morris Mugen devotee and MRX5 privateer and his fiancée.

I seem a little more RED now, but hey... Viva RC!
Thats the most flattering photo there H...lol....although you did forget to mention i am now the proud owner of 1 MTX5!!!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

to old to stress
Old 02-15-2012, 01:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

gearing tips from roberts pietcsh facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6602190&type=3
Old 02-15-2012, 01:58 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello everyone, my name is Carlo and practice this fantastic hobby since 2005, I used until last season Xray NT1 with great satisfaction (but I do not race) but this year I picked up a Mugen MTX-5. I have not put it on the track yet (it's freezing here), but I hope to do soon.
I just wanted to ask for a question: has anyone had trouble with the carburetor opening touches the tank ? if anyone has had this problem in which way has been solved ?
Thanks to all who help me
Old 02-15-2012, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by charlie63
Hello everyone, my name is Carlo and practice this fantastic hobby since 2005, I used until last season Xray NT1 with great satisfaction (but I do not race) but this year I picked up a Mugen MTX-5. I have not put it on the track yet (it's freezing here), but I hope to do soon.
I just wanted to ask for a question: has anyone had trouble with the carburetor opening touches the tank ? if anyone has had this problem in which way has been solved ?
Thanks to all who help me
What engine?

I know some engines will be tricky to clear the fuel tank, the carb needs to be rotated a fair bit to not hit the tank, on some nova engines that may mean rotating the end ball vertical and bending the throttle linkage to suit, but worse is I have seen one engine where the end barb/ball section of the carb was so large, it would not clear the tank by any obvious method.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:59 AM
Tech Rookie

thanks bishop, I use Sirio XXX, honestly I've already rotated the carburator and adjusted the best possible the end ball. I've also filed down slighly the tank. With these tricks I was able to fully open the carburator but I can not open more (if needed). Rotating the carburator I also considered to not completely change the gas linkage.
Old 02-15-2012, 03:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brosla7
gearing tips from roberts pietcsh facebook

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...6602190&type=3
could you post this for those who do not have access to facebook. thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.