Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

LOL Lars
Old 02-11-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default My Dog bones don't fall out that's cause I don't have any

Originally Posted by Chickentrader
Just to demonstrate to you misguided Mugen fans how utterly unbiased I am; and before my misguided friends with Mugens get a chance to gloat, I would like to be the first to admit that the MTX5s of Jeff Hamon (unknown engine) & Jason Dorn (Capricorn SQR) beat the Capricorns of Chris Watchorn (Capricorn SQR) & Chance Karlsson (Capricorn SQR) in qualifying at a rain shortened clubbie at Brendale today. This will not be taken lightly, and I expect the Capricorns to bounce back the next time.

Kindest regards,
Unbiased Lars.
I heard he was running an pull start engine LoL
But Seriously I Know all you Capricorners deep down really want to be piloting Mugens hence the Serial hijacking of this thread.
Lars are you guys coming down for the Serpent cup.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kickass
I heard he was running an pull start engine LoL
But Seriously I Know all you Capricorners deep down really want to be piloting Mugens hence the Serial hijacking of this thread.
Lars are you guys coming down for the Serpent cup.
We would have liked to, but the date doesn't work for us. We're planning to come to the NSW titles at Easter (school holidays) though, and we're looking forward to it very much. We just cannot travel to all the events that we would have liked to when school is on.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Regular

i did not know capricorn made motors... i thought that they just got novarossi to make them with there name on...
Peter
Old 02-11-2012, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The_Keeper
i did not know capricorn made motors... i thought that they just got novarossi to make them with there name on...
Peter
Lol!!!

Lars just to clear something up for you Jeff was NOT running anything capricon (would hate to get your hopes up ROFL) it was infact a Max. Oh and dont worry we won't let there be any capricorns on the podium it will be Mugen 1,2,3!!!!! ( yes I will be doing some practice between now and next clubby!
Old 02-11-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Lol!!!

Lars just to clear something up for you Jeff was NOT running anything capricon (would hate to get your hopes up ROFL) it was infact a Max. Oh and dont worry we won't let there be any capricorns on the podium it will be Mugen 1,2,3!!!!! ( yes I will be doing some practice between now and next clubby!
i second that lol
peter
Old 02-11-2012, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by The_Keeper
i second that lol
peter
Sorry Pete my mistake better make that 1,2,3,4!!!!!! Lol
Old 02-11-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Jeff's engine had a blue round looking head, so at first I just assumed he was roasting the rather slow and old looking Caps with a 12TG...

But nah, I think he was cheating just a little bit, sucking the paint fumes off the SQR's with a GIMAR Mig...

I did find one of the things I was waiting for, how long the plastic diff would hold behind a lesser engine, looks like I got 4-5 meets from it, I suspect it may have been starting to go in the second heat, by the third it was done, though somehow I managed to limp my way into a 11th place rank, and had I not been so lazy and done a quick re-build, I'd have seen a bump up to the A final which would have been weird (couple people going home for various reasons).

And big thanks to the Jeffster, and all my other mates on track, our track is a great place to race...
Old 02-12-2012, 12:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

bailey will be back next race said as long as he is first mugen rest of mugens can fight over rest of places//he wants to win 1/8 as well hope he has plenty of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ pop
i wondered how long the diff in your car was going to last //if you had 353 in it probably would not have lasted that long how straight i chase biship

Last edited by greg.dawn; 02-12-2012 at 01:35 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 02-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

He will want to be on his game in both classes!!!
Old 02-12-2012, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up mtx5

i only hop his ability is filled with big pockets at least he knows what he wants this year //he still is trying to send pop broke
Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up mtx5

lars are you going for world record for big letters i am going blind but i can read those letters
greg
Old 02-13-2012, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by greg.dawn
i wondered how long the diff in your car was going to last //if you had 353 in it probably would not have lasted that long how straight i chase biship
I'll probably have a new Nova 3ST soon, so I'd guess that will shorten the life span, though I think I'll go up to 70k fluid as well, which in theory could make it more durable. But either way I may build up a couple extras now, so maybe one extra front, two extra rears with one metal and another plastic geared.

Actually I got to ditch the urethane belts as well, it's really hard to get the rear one to roll free, I got mine set full loose right now, and it still squeaks on the pulley, hate it, saw Jeffs with the amount of free roll and I want that, kind of wish Mugen made some Kevlar belts.
Old 02-13-2012, 01:01 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx5

kerri ebay tough racing $5 bucks bailey has ran one for about 5 hours1.5 at wynnum they are replacement ///rubber/kev you can get all sorts even for electric
greg
Old 02-13-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bishop
I'll probably have a new Nova 3ST soon, so I'd guess that will shorten the life span, though I think I'll go up to 70k fluid as well, which in theory could make it more durable. But either way I may build up a couple extras now, so maybe one extra front, two extra rears with one metal and another plastic geared.

Actually I got to ditch the urethane belts as well, it's really hard to get the rear one to roll free, I got mine set full loose right now, and it still squeaks on the pulley, hate it, saw Jeffs with the amount of free roll and I want that, kind of wish Mugen made some Kevlar belts.
Mugen's rubber belts are kevlar i think. they are the brown type xray have. The squeeking i think comes from the side belt. I could be wrong, but i think the rear pulley is a little further out than the front pulley ...i could be wrong though. the rear belt should be easy to get free as you can run it at a loose setting.

Also with the diffs you need to run the diff oil suitable to the track, so running 70k if you really need 30k won't work as you will have a loose rear end.

just run the larger pinions as metal and run the rest of the internal gears stock it should hold up for quite a while with the larger gears in metal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.