Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2011, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
dpes anyone have a link to an aftermarket manufacturer of brake pads for the MTX5? i find mine to not have enough bite even with maximum movement of the servo horn. Because i have to dial my radio up so high i find the rear pod of the chassis bends a lot.

even when i push the brake level with my hand, i can still turn the pulley from the belt side...not enough bite

PS: i just found these brake pads on the pro shop futaba site, deos anyone know if they have more bite than the standard pads?

http://translate.googleusercontent.c...VYAi7NH8iHgF3w

anyone?
Old 12-21-2011, 06:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=TomB;10055745]dpes anyone have a link to an aftermarket manufacturer of brake pads for the MTX5? i find mine to not have enough bite even with maximum movement of the servo horn. Because i have to dial my radio up so high i find the rear pod of the chassis bends a lot.

even when i push the brake level with my hand, i can still turn the pulley from the belt side...not enough bite

PS: i just found these brake pads on the pro shop futaba site, deos anyone know if they have more bite than the standard pads?

tom, the optional brake from mugen has been released, costs more but according to mugen the brake is more progressive and less prone to experience fade on long mains.
if you have a strong gas servo, id drill a lower hole on the brake arm so not to have too much leverage therefore flex,
like many people i sanded the brakes when new, and came alive after one liter of fuel

good luck
Old 12-22-2011, 01:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

mugen announced new parts (longer screws to fix the diff case) and new bearings because the old were low quality.. 3 bearings of mine have broken
Old 12-22-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by brosla7
mugen announced new parts (longer screws to fix the diff case) and new bearings because the old were low quality.. 3 bearings of mine have broken
to fix what?? the bleeding of cases or the flex of diff cases?
the reason why strippnin the diff gears??
Old 12-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by brosla7
The diff and pulley screws are phillips, now here's an uptaded version to make them allen
In regards on bearings there's an ten items package at better price than if getting two similar to eht 10x15 package

I dindnt like the philips so its a nice one and now longer so to prevent stripping on the cases
Old 12-23-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Seisick
The diff and pulley screws are phillips, now here's an uptaded version to make them allen
In regards on bearings there's an ten items package at better price than if getting two similar to eht 10x15 package

I dindnt like the philips so its a nice one and now longer so to prevent stripping on the cases
the kit bearings its not the same with this.. its new bearings
Old 12-24-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by danjoy25
Took the car out today after not turning a wheel for weeks. Radio lost signal and went straight to a concrete wall @ 90+kph end of straight
huhuhu R.I.P......NEXT time use like this bebeh very safety when lost signal..
Attached Thumbnails MTX 5-mtx5-005.jpg  
Old 12-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Hello to eveyone.
I am just building my new MTX5 , and do you have any suggestions that i should watch? i build my diffs with the xray 0.3 washers in both the diffs and both the crown gears.They seem a litle tight, not to much and i think they need a litle running in and they will be fine. Should i pay attention to anything else?
Thank you in advance for all your replies!!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seisick

ay mate, are the screws longer? i have used xray screws in my diff which are slightly thicker i think and longer and found the diff did not leak with the xray diff screws.

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport
Hello to eveyone.
I am just building my new MTX5 , and do you have any suggestions that i should watch? i build my diffs with the xray 0.3 washers in both the diffs and both the crown gears.They seem a litle tight, not to much and i think they need a litle running in and they will be fine. Should i pay attention to anything else?
Thank you in advance for all your replies!!
i would also say use xray diff screws in the diff.

also, when installing the carriers to the spur gears, heat up the spur with a hair dryer or in an oven at 80 degrees. by heating the gears you avoid the screws warping the gears when you screw them in.
Old 12-27-2011, 05:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Thank you for your prompt reply.

do you have any part number of the screws or the dimensions of the screws?
Thank you in advance
Old 12-27-2011, 02:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by prtmotorsport
Thank you for your prompt reply.

do you have any part number of the screws or the dimensions of the screws?
Thank you in advance
2.5x8 flat head hex screw, 903258

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/pro...p?prod_id=2198
Old 12-27-2011, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
anyone?
Tomb, fading brakes, gears stripping, diff case screws stripping, diff gears stripping..

wow you know you should have bought that other red shiney car
the only problem we have is trying to control it because its so fast!!

merry christman man
Old 12-27-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrgsr
merry christman man
Pitty that red shiney over priced NT1 couldn't spell for you Johnny.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Oops I'm still intoxicated from Christmas lol
Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CDS70
Pitty that red shiney over priced NT1 couldn't spell for you Johnny.
A car needs shiny red bulkheads to be fast. (Composed with assistance of my Microsoft Word spell checker)

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.