Wiki Posts
Search

Is this a Kyosho

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2014, 05:50 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Is this a Kyosho

Hy guys,

have found an old RC Car and didnīt know the Modell or Type.
Does anybody have seen such car? I think the engine, servos and exaust pipe isnīt original. Is there a possibility for spare-parts?

Thx for some help.

basdy
Attached Thumbnails Is this a Kyosho-img_6860.jpg   Is this a Kyosho-img_6861.jpg   Is this a Kyosho-img_6862.jpg   Is this a Kyosho-img_6863.jpg   Is this a Kyosho-img_6865.jpg  

Old 09-29-2014, 06:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

That looks like an OFNA 1/8th scale, you're missing all the part middle parts of the drivetrain, the center diff is gone, so if you got that engine going and tried to run the car it would just sit there with the engine revving and going nowhere. That's the wrong engine for it. It looks like a .12 engine with a .21 pipe(wrong pipe for the engine). The car requires a .21 engine.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Default thx

I know that there a "some" parts missing , therefore the question wich type/Modell, so that i am able to by the missing parts and change the wrong ones, like the engine ... .

The car is around 580mm long and 320mm in wide, distance between the axis is around 400mm.

Last edited by basdy; 09-29-2014 at 06:32 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...8-gt-artr.html
Old 10-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Tech Rookie

definitely not a kyosho...

as nitrodude said, this car was made by hong nor (sold in the us as ofna), and this specific car was also sold as a "pro-tech"...the wheelbase was longer than the normal 1/8 buggy version, as you have pointed out (due to the chassis being longer)...basically a stretched 1/8 buggy with a scale car body (much like the kyosho inferno gt2 and predated it by quite a few years)

probably going to be hard to find the parts specific to that version of the car (longer dogbones for the center etc) but the rest will be easy (look for parts for the "ofna ultra/ultra worlds" model)

heres the best pic i could find (this one is obviously a little special):

hope that helps!

edit: search youtube for "protech subaru 1/7"...first result will be the car you have
Attached Thumbnails Is this a Kyosho-17.03.03.jpg  
Old 10-06-2014, 01:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Smile Thank you

You helped me a lot. Now i know what iīm dealing with ;-)

Originally Posted by BOOCAKE4U
definitely not a kyosho...

as nitrodude said, this car was made by hong nor (sold in the us as ofna), and this specific car was also sold as a "pro-tech"...the wheelbase was longer than the normal 1/8 buggy version, as you have pointed out (due to the chassis being longer)...basically a stretched 1/8 buggy with a scale car body (much like the kyosho inferno gt2 and predated it by quite a few years)

probably going to be hard to find the parts specific to that version of the car (longer dogbones for the center etc) but the rest will be easy (look for parts for the "ofna ultra/ultra worlds" model)

heres the best pic i could find (this one is obviously a little special):

hope that helps!

edit: search youtube for "protech subaru 1/7"...first result will be the car you have
Old 10-06-2014, 03:56 AM
Tech Lord

Yes, a Protech Promax. It was based on a Protech Enigma buggy only with a 2-speed and a longer chassis.