Community
Wiki Posts
Search

!!!Whats he best on road FUEL!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Maxy is what I recomend. I went from not making time, to 5:20 of runtime. Thats all I run now.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Addict

Rocket science is an awosme fuel. i am using 16% maxy's right now and it is awsome.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

I quess I asked the right question, because I got the consensus I was looking for. Maxy's it is then. In responce to scott fisher, the easyest fuel to obtain has been byron's, trinity, odonnel. What happened to start this is probably boca's bearings not holding up like original novarossi bearings except for the corrosion on the crankshaft from one weekend at the track.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

You still need to make sure the engine is out of fuel, and you still need to use afterrun oil.

At the end of the day, just spin it on the starter box with the glo niter on until it wont fire any more. Make sure you use good ARO, I use Tornado, and I use a lot of it. I learned the hard way
Old 11-25-2008, 01:09 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default MAXY'S # 1

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Maxy's Fuel is always good.

DJ Apolaro

WHAT YOU MEAN GOOD MAXY'S IS THE BEST
Old 11-25-2008, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wizby
I quess I asked the right question, because I got the consensus I was looking for. Maxy's it is then. In responce to scott fisher, the easyest fuel to obtain has been byron's, trinity, odonnel. What happened to start this is probably boca's bearings not holding up like original novarossi bearings except for the corrosion on the crankshaft from one weekend at the track.

I agree with Nitrodude (and that is a rarity). I can't say anything about maxy's fuel, but he is correct that you should run all the fuel out and the way he does it works great. I also agree with regards to using a good qty of after run. I also use Tornado after run. I prefer to keep some consistancy with regards to what fuel I use, that is why I asked what is available. Out of those I would probably go with the Byrons Gen 2. Then the Odonnell. They are both quite good. It has been a long time since I had any experience with Trinity fuel, but it wasn't a positive experience and there are many good choices so I see no reason to try their stuff again. If you are ever going to fly to a race, I would just go Byrons as they probably have the best US distribution.

BTW: Rocket Science is very good as well. I have used it several times and it has never let me down.

Last edited by Scott Fisher; 11-25-2008 at 11:21 PM.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Maxys is definitely #1 choice.....
Old 11-25-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Regular

Burning all the fuel out of the engine and tank along with adding after run oil has always been my practice. Thanks guys!! Maxy's price looks pretty attractive. I'am suprised. $115 for 4 gallons with shipping!!!

Huge price advantage over tornado.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

What percent of oil does the 25% fuel have?
Old 11-25-2008, 07:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JASON MAC
What percent of oil does the 25% fuel have?
10% Synthetic/castor oil blend.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

might be a bit late, and i have only used 2 blends, AT fuel is the best fuel i have used and its not to expensive.

Mitchell
Old 11-26-2008, 03:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We don't really see byrons or maxy's down here in OZ. We do how ever have a huge supply of Meccamo fuel, made in a lab in France and every batch is numbered. I've never had issues with it nor anyone else at my club for that matter. Great run time
Old 11-26-2008, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We get jack fuel in SA, not one top brand available. Thats why I am sitting with drums of methonal and pure nitro and oils in my study. You just have to be super careful with your glo driver in there I just realised that is actually quite serious....... brings a whole new meaning to flaming out
Old 11-26-2008, 02:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wizby
Burning all the fuel out of the engine and tank along with adding after run oil has always been my practice. Thanks guys!! Maxy's price looks pretty attractive. I'am suprised. $115 for 4 gallons with shipping!!!

Huge price advantage over tornado.
Give us a call at 1 888 786 6299 or send us an e mail to [email protected] and we'll see what we can work out.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wmay11
We get jack fuel in SA, not one top brand available. Thats why I am sitting with drums of methonal and pure nitro and oils in my study. You just have to be super careful with your glo driver in there I just realised that is actually quite serious....... brings a whole new meaning to flaming out
Dude if you make your own fuel i have a 5L bottle of cool power oil sitting in my garage doin nothing, could you put it to good use?

PM me if your interested, you can have it for nothing cause i'm sick of looking at it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.