Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Mantis GP...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2003, 12:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Kyosho Mantis GP...

Ok, I have an old kyosho mantis GP. I've had this thing forever, and I've just recently started getting back into R/C (Now I can actually afford stuff :P ) Anyways, I've got my eye on a used MTX-2 that my LHS has for sale, but in the meantime I'm stuck with the mantis. Does anyone even still have one of these things? Any ideas on what I can do with it? I was thinking maybe rally car, but its only RWD. Aftermarket for this car is nonexistant, except for the kyosho stock upgrade options. I've done a couple things to it, but I dont really think it can do much better; i dont think it stands a chance against newer AWD cars. Anyways, I made adjustable upper control arms to allow for some negative camber, front sway bar, and i made the diff a limited slip. Here's a pic of it:
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Mantis GP...-chassis1.jpg  
Old 10-08-2003, 01:00 AM
Tech Initiate

Another, showing front suspension:

EDIT: Also, would you guys have any tips on setting up this car's suspension? I have terrible traction problems, it spins out like mad. The limited slip rear helped out alot, but it's still not great. It won't drift at all, just spins around. I can adjust front camber/toe, and rear camber. No rear toe adjustments, no caster adjustments. Also, I am using the original tires, it came with a hard pair, and a softer pair. Which ones are supposed to be the rears? I currently use the hard ones as rears, but I'm starting to think the soft ones would work better.
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho Mantis GP...-frontsusp1.jpg  

Last edited by Ward; 10-08-2003 at 01:09 AM.