Community
Wiki Posts
Search

engine wont start

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2003, 03:12 PM
Tech Addict

Default engine wont start

i have a question here i have a hpi rs4 3 ss with the 12r ss engine..i was running the other night runned about 4 tanks or so out and runned out of fuel again..so i pulled it in to refuel and did so but after refueling the car would not start back..so i just thought it may be the plug so i drained the fuel out of the tank and quit for the night...and went back out today to run with some friends the car still would not crank..i changed to a new plug still no luck..when i pulled the glow starter off i noticed the head on the engine was loose..so i retightened the head and still no luck...the car is tuned properly..could it be a head gasket blowed from where the head was loose????if so how can i tell or does anybody have any ideas what it may be as we are gonna to go running again tonight...please help asap
Old 10-05-2003, 05:20 PM
Tag
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

it might be leaking somewhere, check your carb and gaskets.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:08 AM
Tech Rookie

We shared a same problem.. I tot I just the only one who experienced it. have U check your head gasket?
Old 10-06-2003, 09:21 AM
Tech Addict

i finanlly got it to crank yesss...and got to run last night...i took the head off and cleaned the head and gasket up...put it back together and still wouldnt crank...so i took the plug from another car just to try again and it cranked...but whats funny is the plug that was in my car will crank other cars weird...i even tried a brand new plug before taking the head off with no results