Search

Weekend in Vegas!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Weekend in Vegas!!

!

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 01:04 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:22 PM
Tech Addict

wow!!!!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:16 AM
Tech Regular

Danny - thanks for having the courage to do a writeup like you saw it and not hiding behind a screen name to do it - I had missed only one Vegas event from about 1993 or 1994 till 2004 when dealing with the hassles of being there more than outweighed the racing enjoyment - I cast the only vote I had.

Oh gee I almost forgot the really special water jet cut steel trophies!!!
Old 11-12-2008, 06:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

YIKES
Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Watch it Danny, here come Tofelmire&Fisher!
Old 11-12-2008, 08:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

?

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

do you guys know what kind of stuff he sprayed on track last weekend? Do they use VHT?
Old 11-12-2008, 08:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Danny I have not meet you, but I live in Vegas and I do not support every thing Rich has done. I have had some issue with him in past, but what I do know is that there is know one in Vegas welling to handle this track, there has been talk with others about it. We have gone to park service about it but the reallity of it is and the end know one want to come out and put the time in to keep it up.

Every ones talks shit about it and I was one of them but I yet have seen anyone welling to put in any kind of time to due this. Rich has been the only one who has. I give him big credit for that I dont agree with some of his rules but at this point if he is welling to spend that kind of time duing what he has done for the track then let those rules stand.

I have heard people say he has controll over the County park Service.. Thats just bull shit. There is no control there. County states any one who is welling to keep up that track are more than welcome to use it at any time. That means anyone. But again no one wants to put in time to due that.

As far as people going to jail well good for them a breakin is a breakin no matter whos locks are on that gate. That guy could of gotton on phone called the park police and they would of cut the lock for him if it didnt not belong to park service. But the truth is the park police tested his key in that lock and there were in fact were county locks . So he deserves to go to jail he broke in to county property. And what you dont know is Rich was in Cali racing, while that was going on.

Now I was at the race this past week. Matter fact I was out at the track on Sunday prior to practice and was watching Rich trying to clean the track with the wind blowing like crazy and dust comming from every were. I told him just give it up its lost war today, due to this wind. And because you were not hear all week you would on known that wind was here all week. I showed up to track on Thursday at 9 am and Rich was out there Cleaning with that equipment you said he has , I think he spent 4 hours on that track, and the wind still blowing, Now what I know for sure is he (Rich) has no control over the weather. Unless you know somthing I dont.

Now as for the race its self I am not fast guy with my 1/8 scale but my car was running nice lap times. I seen some people running 19 20 second lap time with theres. Thats dosnt sound to me like track issue. Sounds to me like they were in the grove and setting up there cars correctly. Maybe you need to look at your set up.

Yes it did rain on Saturday night and the track was mess Sunday morning I was there at 7am againg watching Rich and others cleaning track while it was still raining at least he was making the effort. You left out that part were it was still rainning and these people were still making effort to put on a race. when the weather cleared the track was dry and clean he (Rich) was out spraying the track hopfully to get some traction for us that include YOU.

Yes it did rain during the GT main I was running that main. and it was not Rich fault that the rain came down. And it did rain just little during 1/8 scale main. But if you look at the time sheet didnt seem to slow every one down that much, And there was no standing water on the trace. And again if you had car and motor issue , they are your issue or lack of. You hear the song blame on Rain.. I am sure you have copy of it.

Danny I dont think you are looking at this with open mind. I know you have issue with Rich as I do, but there are lot of other things going on here that you really have no clue on. You as others due is listen to the crap people talk, and become part of it. Why not try find solutions to this things.

I have raced both on road and off road here in Vegas, there are always someone who is not happy. We only have so much control of what other say and due. But if you are not welling to help out then. As I was told shut the f....\k up. Its all about Choice. Are you making the right Choice for the right reasons?

thats my 2 cents
Old 11-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

By the way Mister Rick Davis thank you for joining the Mexican Crab sindrome. There is no Courage in that. Just another follower.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Danny,
You have to be kidding me. Were we at the same race this weekend? Since I have been annoucing for Rich for what I think is about 4 years or so, you are saying that it has gone down hill since I have been running the races? And this is coming from the guy who walks up to me before most of the race weekends I annouce and says how gald he is to see me and loves how I ran races.

I will address a couple of your points that you bring up....

Track conditions - Track conditions were just fine. No it didnt have the bite that it has had in past years, but there was plenty of bite there. And I know this because I was racing on the same track that you were. 1/8th scale lap times in the 19's means there was good bite.

Sunday - The track was JUNK on Sunday? It had more dirt on it on Sunday that it did the rest of the weekend? What time did you get to the track on Sunday? Did you happen to see the 3 blowers, the vaccum, the tractor and brooms on the track that were being used to clean up the track after the rain came in that morning? Did you happen to see Rich spray the track back down after that? Ok now the rain mains. The most of the rain ( which was just a drizzle ) fell during the GT main. And as I seem to recall I was racing in that main. For the 2-3 minutes that it did drizzle the track did get wet and there was less traction on the track then, but was still very driveable. Its called throttle control. When the 1/8th scale main came around the drizzle came back for all of what 1-2 minutes. Lap times fell about 1-2 seconds per lap for that time while the drivers adjusted to the conditions, but was still manageable. There was never a downpour of rain during any of the mains. Im sorry that you popped your engine in the main to what you think was over revving it. But what about how you used it during the rest of the weekend. I did notice you walking off the track carrying what looked to be a broken car a couple times. So what you are telling me is that all the engines that popped all weekend was due to the rain? When it only came down on Sunday?

I know that Rich has pissed off quite a few people in the past and Im not saying he is a saint by anymeans and Im also not saying that he was in the right everytime he pissed them off. But if it wasnt for him there would be no on-road track in Vegas at all. And there wouldnt be covered drivers stand, tire trueing station, air compressors, body cleaning tubs, power around the track. And if someone else was running the track there it would not be in the condition it is in. I have raced off and on for since 1988 and I have been to quite a few tracks in my time and this is one of the best layed out tracks that I have been to. And that is due to the hard work the Rich and Rusty do there. Hardly anyone ever helps them out. I would like to challenge you to open your own track and see how much better you can do.

Mike Braun
Old 11-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Watch it Danny, here come Tofelmire&Fisher!
You seem to be completely obsessed with us. I am going to have to deny your application to the Johnny Bravo fanclub. You will not be getting the autographed picture.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Default OMG

OMG this is awsome this is a wild fire with the wind blowing i better get a beer for this one damn interesting got me beat by a long shot I MUST ADMIT ALL THIS IS MAKING ME MOIST
Old 11-12-2008, 10:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Scott Fisher
You seem to be completely obsessed with us. I am going to have to deny your application to the Johnny Bravo fanclub. You will not be getting the autographed picture.
Hehe you're not the only one he's obsessed with
Old 11-12-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 00VIP001
Hehe you're not the only one he's obsessed with
First of all, stop following me around on the threads. Second, hackers with multiple user accounts using other peoples pictures in their avatarts will be ignored, as of this post.
Old 11-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Weekend in Vegas

Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702
OMG this is awsome this is a wild fire with the wind blowing i better get a beer for this one damn interesting got me beat by a long shot I MUST ADMIT ALL THIS IS MAKING ME MOIST
LOL!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.