Wiki Posts
Search

What starter box do you use / recomend for 1:10

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What starter box do you use / recomend for 1:10

I have a NT1 and need to get a starter box. Which do you use or recomend. I guess the most important factor is the durability and longevity of it.

thanks a lot!

J
Old 11-09-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hey I was wondering the same thing.... I think I am going to go with the Ofna JLR box. Small, inexpensive, and from what I have read the single 550 motor has enough power to turn over new 1/8th scale motors all day long. You just have to match it to a good set of stick packs.

Anyone else?

Originally Posted by jman37
I have a NT1 and need to get a starter box. Which do you use or recomend. I guess the most important factor is the durability and longevity of it.

thanks a lot!

J
Old 11-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

im using the t/m alpha lightand compact
http://www.wolfhobbies.com/Tools-Alpha_Starter_Box.html
Old 11-09-2008, 11:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a Q world which i just bought for $90. It has twin 550 motors and is reasonably light but i haven't used it yet, it was purchased to start my .30 in my buggy which it will with no probs
For my TM G4 i use an Ansmann with a single 550 motor. It's been great and i haven't had any issues with it at all. I use twin 3000mah stick packs in it and they last for ever.
My old starter box was a BSD racing one and it was ok i suppose but after a while i went through 4 motors for it while trying to start a .30 so that's why i got the Q world because it was just so unreliable.
Old 11-09-2008, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jman37

thanks a lot!

J
do yourself a favor and just get the mugen on road starter box by far the best box on the market...I too have the NT1 and before this car had the V-One RRR and even the MTX-4 and this box works well with all 1/10ths as well has no prob with 1/8 on road cars....Its very durable and its fairly compact as well
Old 11-09-2008, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm still using my AE box from back in the NTC3 days...thing is a tank. 770 mabuchi motor turns anything over, moved the pins around to mate to my MTX4R. It has never let me down....and this box is OLD.
Old 11-09-2008, 08:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Baedarlboo
I'm still using my AE box from back in the NTC3 days...thing is a tank. 770 mabuchi motor turns anything over, moved the pins around to mate to my MTX4R. It has never let me down....and this box is OLD.
I have the same box. That 770 will turnover anything. I just replaced the rubber wheel. The motor is still going strong after 4 years. It's just not a mini box.
Old 11-09-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Most if not all these boxes (ones other guys have mentioned) are good. It really depends on what you are willing to spend. I travel a lot and have the TM Alpha box and it is great. It small and light. I had an AE box and they are quite good also. The Mugen box is also good. I also have two Losi universal boxes and they work great as well. I have no experience with the JL box so any comments do not apply to that box.

What it comes down to with all those boxes is if you are willing to spend a bit more to get a smaller and lighter starter box. I would go with the Alpha box if you are willing to spend the money, or get the Losi Universal box if you want to save some cash.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:17 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

http://www.wolfhobbies.com/H_A_R_D_P..._Vehicles.html

The TM H5 box is great and for the price is much better.

GREAT BOX
Old 11-10-2008, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

In my own personal experience, I'd stay away from any starterbox like the JLR (has a small platform in order to turn on the motors). The best starterbox, speaking of design, is the ones that you push down an entire platform in order to turn on the motors. I say this because if your car flames out during a race, it is easier to place a car on an entire platform rather than a small platform for the rear of the car. With this in mind, I'd suggest starterboxes like Mugen type.