Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Serpent is now owned by Chinese people now? >

Serpent is now owned by Chinese people now?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent is now owned by Chinese people now?

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2008, 07:54 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pooh2
I think u guys should get off politics. RC should b the topic! The WORLD is in bad shape.
Always the man of reason,

What's up dude?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by wingracer
Always the man of reason,

What's up dude?
Same ol thing. What's good with u? Think u might do the winternats in 09?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:10 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Feb is looking like a busy month for me but who knows. Maybe I can swing it. I think Nats at Toledo and Capital Classic will be my big 2009 races.
Old 11-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by GK
Quite a few actually, I think US is the single largest market for both companies (and other rc companies as well). I don't think company like xray would produce US version of their electric car if they only had a 0.001% of market share.
ioxqq, reading some of your posts you seem like a completely misinformed individual. Try to get your facts straight before you post something.

I mean 0.01% of US population. Do you get it.

If you're referring to Xray, they are made in slovakia. This was already discussed in another thread.
Refering to Xray... hahahaha..... Business man can't always tell the truth.
Old 11-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Solara
I find it very funny how ppl think........

(1) Serpent owns by CHINESE......no, SERPENT is always SERPENT, when they are the PIONEER (yes, they are) on 1/8th ON ROAD and 1/10th ON ROAD as well as 1/8th OFF ROAD (go look at the beginning works of SERPENT)...they are the PIONEER of how the RC cars look like right now...for example, Centax, Rear floating mount, 3 belts drive train......etc.

(2) When ppl complaining about $500 for a 1/8th ON ROAD kit...look at other brand's 1/10th electric touring....I don't have to name names, but you can find it above $500 or even $550...they complaint about $500 is too much, but then complaint about those $350 kit are garbage...TOYOTA will never beat FERRARI, simple logic.

(3) Being Chinese, I can tell you this....yes, they DID make crap, alot of time...but TIME can tell, if you want to support SERPENT (like I am)...buy their stuff and support the brand. From what I see...I don't see their stuff any WORST then before. However, their price still be around the market LEVEL. Remember....ppl need to make profit to do business, Serpent is not own by some Government Department that does not need to make profit. In order for them to make profit, they have to lower their cost of making their products.

I think topic like this is really annoying...I only look at SERPENT as SERPENT. Yes, I know the business behind Serpent is owned by HK base model company that mainly do REAL ESTATE and their side job is OEM MODEL parts and their little potato business is also owns SERPENT (just for you guys to know what is their BREAD AND BUTTER).......I only care about what SERPENT will do on their 1/8th on road and off road...their 1/10th TC, and their PIONEER development that only SERPENT is still doing. Sometime, those design does not work well or race competable, but at least they think and they tried..........and the rest just FOLLOW and COPY or reverse engineering.

Give Serpent some time.......they will be back. When others throwing their money for some top drivers to win many races....Serpent spending their money on their products and hope the end user like me enjoy the latest technology of Serpent RC.

Last....I don't know it is a far sighted or short sighted business plan, item made in CHINA is way less then item made in US or Europe...if the current Serpent 960 is $499 and made in China.....guess how much will that be if the S960 is made in US or made in Europe or any other place of the world...? And then...I am sure there are topic like.."$799 for Serpent 730 and $999 for Serpent 970....WTF?"

Also, AMERICAN ARE NOT CHEAP..........infact, they start learning how to SHOP AROUND and BARGAIN. I buy from Wal-Mart alot, but you just have to see what you buy there. You don't buy $1000 LCD monitor there and expect to compete with Pioneer top of the line model......you go Wal-mart to buy kitchen items, toilet paper, some low cost item....they can be name brand item as well, but if the same item selling at some fancy store for 5% more.......will you still want to pay the extra 5% and tell ppl you are still a smart customer...? It just saying you don't care about your hard earning money and being stupid....

Wait and see....observe and decide what you want to do....
Haha.. I think our living standard are different. I don't compare price when I go buy things like in Wal Mart. Saving few dollar or xxxx bucks makes no sense for me. If you're so smart how come you don't make good money then you don't need to go to Wal Mart anymore. If you always look for best deal, then you have hard time in your life. But don't feel so bad, I did that when I was in school too. Also, the area where I live has no Wal Mart. It is good for you that Wal Mart just around your house or apartment. You so smart that know living in an area with Wal Mart there makes you save lot of money. Let me be your neighbor when bankruptcy. haha...
Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stefan
Compared to Europe, the US have always been a cheap labour country.

Regarding the Dollar, I suppose you are missing something here. The Dollar has gone up 20% in the last few weeks.
And if our American friends won"t totally screw up the elections tonight (voting for McCain) than the Dollar and with it the US economy should become much stronger really quickly.

It's all about those crazy gambler in the stock exchanges not about real market values.

If Obama goes to the White House the rest of the world will really sigh in relief and the trust in this country will come back.

If they vote Republican again, than the world will know that they understood nothing and things are going to get much worse.....

Now you all can grillme for that,if you got the nerv.....

Is this your joke of the week...or just another anti-American post? Both I see!!!
Old 11-05-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GK
Quite a few actually, I think US is the single largest market for both companies (and other rc companies as well). I don't think company like xray would produce US version of their electric car if they only had a 0.001% of market share.
ioxqq, reading some of your posts you seem like a completely misinformed individual. Try to get your facts straight before you post something.

If you're referring to Xray, they are made in slovakia. This was already discussed in another thread.
Slovakia? Are you sure? Look at the pic. If china is good enough for Xray, it must be good enough for Serpent, no?
Attached Thumbnails Serpent is now owned by Chinese people now?-xraychine1.jpg  
Old 11-06-2008, 06:09 AM
GK
Suspended

Dude, those are friggin' screws and some washers. Read the post from Paul Lemieux again...
Old 11-06-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have some new Xray Kevlar belts from Nexus and they too have Made in China
Old 11-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Tech Adept

(1) Serpent owns by CHINESE......no, SERPENT is always SERPENT, when they are the PIONEER (yes, they are) on 1/8th ON ROAD and 1/10th ON ROAD as well as 1/8th OFF ROAD (go look at the beginning works of SERPENT)...they are the PIONEER of how the RC cars look like right now...for example, Centax, Rear floating mount, 3 belts drive train......etc.
Solara...this is absolutely not true. Long before Serpent even made R/C cars Associated dominated the 1/8th scale on-road scene as did Delta. Delta had the first suspension car back in 1982 (Eagle). Serpent was only founded in 1980...Associated goes back the the late 60's. Off-Road....every other big manufacturer had an 1/8th scale off-road car long before Serpent even entertained it....why...because they were losing market share. I'll admit that they were on the 1/10th scale Nitro on-road deal first, but, that's about it.

If they would have pioneered durability like Mugen, Kyosho, Motonica, they would enjoy much better loyalty to the brand... at least here in the U.S.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by b_esser
Solara...this is absolutely not true. Long before Serpent even made R/C cars Associated dominated the 1/8th scale on-road scene as did Delta. Delta had the first suspension car back in 1982 (Eagle). Serpent was only founded in 1980...Associated goes back the the late 60's. Off-Road....every other big manufacturer had an 1/8th scale off-road car long before Serpent even entertained it....why...because they were losing market share. I'll admit that they were on the 1/10th scale Nitro on-road deal first, but, that's about it.

If they would have pioneered durability like Mugen, Kyosho, Motonica, they would enjoy much better loyalty to the brand... at least here in the U.S.
Need to do better research - In my mind the PB Alpha from Britain was the first commercially available suspension car (imported into the US by MRP out of the northwest) and an Associated RC-500 Prototype won the 1981 ROAR nationals road race at Ratteys in North Attleboro Mass.
Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by b_esser
That issue is being addressed. As I said before quality and durability have increased since the start of the 720...

People may not agree with me, but Serpent Belts, pinions and gears have the longest life out of them all.
Old 11-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by SRAD
Is this your joke of the week...or just another anti-American post? Both I see!!!
It's neither. American wages are way lower than over here, so compared to Europe, labour in the US is cheap.

I am not Anti-American.I have actually two American citizens living under my roof , my kids.

I just lived there long enough to compare it with the rest of the world and it ain't always positive.

I love a lot of things about America, but I am also critical of a lot of things I saw there, sorry.

I also know a whole bunch of Americans over here. Guess what. They are allowed to voice their opinions about our way of living here and they are not called Indian Killers or Slave Owners if they don't agree with us.

It's just in the US that if you don't swim with the stream you get flamed and in my case called a Nazi. I guess it's just a simple lack of imagination..
Old 11-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
That issue is being addressed. As I said before quality and durability have increased since the start of the 720...

People may not agree with me, but Serpent Belts, pinions and gears have the longest life out of them all.
You probably never drove a xray nt1, i don't even have spurs and pinions as spare, in fact i don't got any spares for the car, haven't wrecked a single part in 2 years.

And with the 720, which i owned since the day it was released, i changed a set of spurs and pinions every race otherwise i ran the risk of stripping them.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by nitrodude
Slovakia? Are you sure? Look at the pic. If china is good enough for Xray, it must be good enough for Serpent, no?
this are not regular screws, they are Luxury Chinese Screws

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.