Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MT12 Parts??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default MT12 Parts??

I'm looking to do an off-season rebuild to my MT12 to keep it as a back-up motor next season. Can anyone tell me where to get the parts to do this? I've done some simple web searches and have come up pretty empty as far as US parts houses. Any help is appreciated!!!!
Kevin
Old 09-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what you need to know is here, copied from one of my older posts.

There are just a few things you need to look for when interchanging parts between all Novarossi type 12 engines. hopfully this will dispel some myths or inaccuracies that have been posted around the web.

Covers the following engines in rear exhaust design with the exception of the new RBV12.

Novarossi,RB,Novamega,HPI,rex

The piston and sleeves and rods

will all interchange including the 5 port designs with this exception. The MT/REX 12 can accept all piston,sleeve assys but all the others (short rod)cannot accept the MT/REX piston sleeve and rod assy. the piston does not have a skirt or cutout and it will hit the crank. All novarossi's have 4.5 MM exhaust port heights and the physical timings are the same on the sleeves from model to model. MT/Rex engines use the long rod like a CX 12 side port

Head assys
will all interchange including turbo assys but the head finset must follow the head button.

All carbs will interchange.

All bearings will interchange, the V12 is an exception here

All backplates will interchange

Crankcases will all interchange except the MT/REX 12 the case locates the liner higher because it has a longer rod.

All cranks will interchange. The timings can vary from the wide intake design and the narrow. The wide design pops up from time to time and is relatively new. The MS Novamega 12 has it as does the S3.

The V12 crank is an exception here it is all by itself

ATTENTION
There is no long and short stroke Novarossi 12 crankshaft contrary to popular belief. Only a long and short version of the connecting rod and this has no effect on physical stroke.

All of them are 14 MM stroke/13 MM bore

There are variations of all these parts but generally the physical geometry is the same.

The side ports share parts with the MT/REX except one wierdo that was made by HPI (not the C12) that was a short rod side port

That's the jist of it

Last edited by Motorman; 09-29-2003 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-29-2003, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Motorman~~

I do appreciate the info, it does help!! Does anyone know of an online dealer for these parts and do I have to change the conrod or will piston and sleeve do??
KEVIN
Old 09-29-2003, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Ace Hobbies has MT12. You should find just about everything you need as far as replacement parts are concerned there.