Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4 + EVO

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 07:22 AM
afm
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
So other than Blee, anyone else here actually have a +Evo?
I have one, allready track tested and pleased with it.....lots of steering, and finally we have all the roll center tuning possibilities now iŽll start fooling around with settings to see and feel changes....

AFM
Old 12-24-2008, 10:36 AM
Tech Regular

so is the rear wc edition upgrade kit worth its money??
Old 12-24-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by afm
I have one, allready track tested and pleased with it.....lots of steering, and finally we have all the roll center tuning possibilities now iŽll start fooling around with settings to see and feel changes....

AFM
Awesome! Just curious AFM, are you still using the front spool? How are the tracks over there in Peru anyway? The two local tracks I race at are really technical and not very flowing like the European tracks I see on Youtube. Everyone I show my car to is always surprised to see it has a spool. And nobody I know even runs a spool.

I really really need to take my car out on the track but the weather's not letting me.
Old 12-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Awesome! Just curious AFM, are you still using the front spool? How are the tracks over there in Peru anyway? The two local tracks I race at are really technical and not very flowing like the European tracks I see on Youtube. Everyone I show my car to is always surprised to see it has a spool. And nobody I know even runs a spool.

I really really need to take my car out on the track but the weather's not letting me.
Hi Chiefy,
Don't worry too much about the spool. It really does help to drive the car fast!
The one thing i would say about using a diff' is that it does make the car easier to drive fast. Especially if your going to be hitting any long finals!?

Regards,
British Menace
Old 12-24-2008, 02:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

That will be the only way you will know if a spool is any good for the track. I would of thought that if it's a tight,technical track then a spool would be beneficial as it offers good hard braking into a corner and pulls hard out of it but the only downfall could be that you might suffer from a little bit of understeer as a spool creates a bit of push.
Old 12-24-2008, 05:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

the car can be setup to run the spool for any track, no worries.

* Merry Christmas to all ! *
Old 12-25-2008, 02:53 PM
afm
Tech Master

Yes, over the years IŽve been using front spool in all my cars depending on track traction and/or layout.
Less traction favors spool, but in any case driving style is very important to really benefit from it...late braking and throttle control around corner to minimize push, but the acceleration you have with a spool in all cases you`ll never have with a diff.
I use diff on very narrow technical tracks with fast chicanes which needs for very sensitive steering, and yes I agree with B Menace on long finals you tend to make better constant laps, because it is less stressing on your driving...kind of hard to explain...

In Lima Peru we had a very large flowing track, with lots of layout change possibilities, which unfortunately we lost, due to land owners new development. Right now we are in the process of remodeling and old karting rental track, for R/C use...it is small but with a very flowing desing. It is a 17sec. lap track.

AFM
Old 12-25-2008, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

I have the gear diff already. I'm on a budget so although I wish I could have several diffs preassembled with differing oil weights I'll probably stick to one for now with a jack of all trades weight, any suggestions?
There are two tracks that I'll be doing most of my racing on:

VRC

VRC is my home track and only 5 minutes away. The layout is different now and for a small track is very fun.

Speedworld

Speedworld is an awesome track that has hosted some pretty big races including this years Reedy Invitational. The layout here too has since changed from the video.
Old 12-25-2008, 05:46 PM
Suspended

Chiefy 707; Talk to the owner at SpeedWorld, Billy. He has a lot more knowledge than everyone might think and a very helpful guy. If you don’t go in the shop he announces the races at the track.
I know he likes the TM cars and would be glad to help you if needed.
Old 12-26-2008, 07:16 AM
Tech Regular

LOL, funny you mention that. Me and my buddy were supposed to race there for the 2nd half of the Toys 4 Tots race on sunday but it rained. But since we made the drive we just hung out in the shop with Billy and man are you right, Billy is one knowledgeable dood who experienced R/C at so many different levels it's not funny. Really cool dood.
I was planning on going there today but it turns out I have to work (which is where I'm at right now). Billy offered to help me get my car tuned and setup too. Oh well, sunday it is... if it doesn't rain!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i would start with the spool first, you should have enough time to swap it over to diff for the second qualifying i would go with 100k that's what i was running there last race and 30k , here is jay's basic set up

600 shock oil, sway bars flat,
front
198mm
1 toe out
1 camber
4 ride height
2 droop
3mm caster
harder stock spring
shock position top 2nd to lowest lower arm outer hole same as rear

rear
200 mm
3 toe in (start w/ 2 imo)
3 camber look at your rear tires first qualifying if it cones on inside give less camber if cones outside give more camber
5 ride
6 rear droop
softer stock spring

beng and lloyd ended up disconnecting their rear swaybar

Last edited by D Man; 12-26-2008 at 01:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:24 PM
Tech Addict

Want to know if the rear lower flying arm fit into G4S?
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
just the arms i don't know haven't tried it but by the looks of it i think you can you will need the arms,hinge pins, new back bracket and spacer and clips set and you won't be able to use the sway bar...if you want to convert the whole rear to the g4+ not the evo... yes you can. i did you will need a lot of parts.. flying wing arms, new bulk heads,new swaybars,spacer clips,brake bracket, the new back bracket, and hinge pins

Last edited by D Man; 12-26-2008 at 08:59 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I think you would have to use the new style bulkheads.
Old 12-26-2008, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by revo523
I think you would have to use the new style bulkheads.
from what know; the new rear bracket, bulkheads, etc...wont fit the S chassis. Rear of the S chassis is wider and mounting holes are different from the RS.

i think the fly arms shld fit the S but length of the S and fly arms are of diff length. Fly arms are longer i suppose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.