Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Team Magic G4 + EVO >

Team Magic G4 + EVO

Team Magic G4 + EVO

Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by G87z
hahaha, Never thought of it that way. Has anyone driven this new model yet? I am wondering how it handles. A few local racers said the TM cars are more difficult to get set up compared to the kyosho,NT1, and MTX cars.
Well thats actually a load of rubbish.
It's actually the opposite. The G4 is easier and has a wider sweet spot then all the other cars.

They are easier to drive too

British Menace
Old 11-11-2008, 08:24 AM
ALG
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by afm
Probably because around your area hobby shops don´t carry/support TM products. It is almost like that everywhere, but it has nothing to do with the capabilities of a particular brand.

At the top level, kits from Mugen, Kyosho, XRay, Serpent and Team Magic, performance is alike, it just has to do with personal preferences and support.

I´ve had every sigle G4 model since the E model, and I have nothing but great satisfaction, and results..and now I´m waiting for my + EVO to arrive

AFM

I hope the G4 EVO+ fits on Santas sack for this Xmas.

have fun and THIS will be my next ride.

ALG

buckle up AFM you will have it hard next year!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by British Menace
Well thats actually a load of rubbish.
It's actually the opposite. The G4 is easier and has a wider sweet spot then all the other cars.

They are easier to drive too

British Menace
So that means that the car is slower, the wider the sweet spot and easier to drive the slower the car.
If you have the perfect setup and perfect driver.
The car isn't designed to be on edge, so it might be better for a starting driver.
I'm not saying that i dislike the car and it's shit or something but i mean that a wide sweet spot and easy to drive isn't a good thing for everyone.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:15 AM
Tech Regular

Thumbs up

more.....

Old 11-13-2008, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DS Motorsport
So that means that the car is slower, the wider the sweet spot and easier to drive the slower the car.
If you have the perfect setup and perfect driver.
The car isn't designed to be on edge, so it might be better for a starting driver.
I'm not saying that i dislike the car and it's shit or something but i mean that a wide sweet spot and easy to drive isn't a good thing for everyone.
The car can be what you make it.
Just cause it has a "Wide sweet spot" does not make it slow.

It just means that you don't have to nail the set up on the head to have a fast car.
Now the Team Magic Reflex car that was distributed by Trinity was one car that had to have the perfect set up for the conditions. Otherwise it was terrible to drive. They got away from that with the G4 (Just inherited a load of other problems...lol)

The car is fast. You only have to see the results the car has picked up around the world in it's life.

British Menace
Old 11-13-2008, 01:11 PM
Tech Master

Offcourse for a average driver a large sweet spot is better, because it's easier to get the car fast.
Generally when you give a car a larger sweet spot, you make it flex more, this is the easiest way. The flex will filter a lot of setup errors away.
But flex is a bad thing in race cars, because it makes the car less responsive.
So currently i'm making my nt1 a lot stiffer by using other carbon fibre parts and using more of it. Also changed the geometrie to work with the new stiffer chassis.
A lot of team cars are equipped with stiffer chassis's and a higher quality of carbon.
With all the changes and finally nailing the setup i got 1/10 off my laptime. But this is not something for the general rc enthousiast so manufacturers make the car easy to get around the track, but the ultimate speed will be reduced.
Old 11-13-2008, 06:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Offcourse for a average driver a large sweet spot is better, because it's easier to get the car fast.
Generally when you give a car a larger sweet spot, you make it flex more, this is the easiest way. The flex will filter a lot of setup errors away.
But flex is a bad thing in race cars, because it makes the car less responsive.
So currently i'm making my nt1 a lot stiffer by using other carbon fibre parts and using more of it. Also changed the geometrie to work with the new stiffer chassis.
A lot of team cars are equipped with stiffer chassis's and a higher quality of carbon.
With all the changes and finally nailing the setup i got 1/10 off my laptime. But this is not something for the general rc enthousiast so manufacturers make the car easy to get around the track, but the ultimate speed will be reduced.

Nice analogy.....but lets look at it this way.

Xray - None of the factory guys in Australia are using the "stiff" setup....( National champion here) guess what they prefer? ( more flex )

Kyosho's new RRR Evo2 has a narrower chassis ( for more flex )

Most guys I know that run a Mugen are using the 3mm chassis instead of the 4mm chassis ( more flex )

Serpent?

True,to an extent - but do yourself (and all of us that are racing this car) a favour , grab a G4RS and check out the flex...probably a lot stiffer than you might think.

I reckon you may be surprised
Old 11-14-2008, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

What Motorsports says in ultimately true. Flex in the chassis is bad in a race car wheather it be Formular 1 or an RC car. But in RC it's very hard even for an expert driver to take advantage of the extra stiffness. Let alone to see results from this type of set-up.

With rc cars having so much platic, there is an inherent huge amount of flex compared to the ideal. Although, with some set-ups/ parts/ Chassis. The car can be improved, stiffness wise a great deal!!

British Menace
Originally Posted by Sp Racer

Xray - None of the factory guys in Australia are using the "stiff" setup....( National champion here) guess what they prefer? ( more flex )

Most guys I know that run a Mugen are using the 3mm chassis instead of the 4mm chassis ( more flex )

Serpent?

True,to an extent - but do yourself (and all of us that are racing this car) a favour , grab a G4RS and check out the flex...probably a lot stiffer than you might think.

Old 11-14-2008, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

Just as a quick comparison to full size car set-ups. If we were to run the same spring strength as full size cars, comparitively, to give us the same wheel frequencies, we would end up running around 0.5LB springs !!??? on our little rc cars ............ lol

This, by the way, has a direct relationship to the amount of flex we have in our chassis. More flex, the stiffer the road springs we must use. The stiffer the Chassis is made to be (less flex) the softer the springs can be.

British Menace
Old 11-14-2008, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sp Racer

Serpent?

I have a xray nt1 team car, it has a special chassis and harder suspension parts. Old car of jilles groskamp
And yes all the manufacturer's are making the car's flex more and changing the geometrie to match. And that's why everyone is saying'' it's so fast out of the box, and the car is so easy''.
And i would really like to test a g4 but they aren't sold over here, and team magic isn't intrested to have it promoted.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have a xray nt1 team car, it has a special chassis and harder suspension parts. Old car of jilles groskamp
And yes all the manufacturer's are making the car's flex more and changing the geometrie to match. And that's why everyone is saying'' it's so fast out of the box, and the car is so easy''.
And i would really like to test a g4 but they aren't sold over here, and team magic isn't intrested to have it promoted.
Where abouts are you?

I have to admit my G4+ chassis is very stiff but you just run lighter springs to compensate. It's a car that doesn't need to be pushed to go fast. I have found the fastest way around the track is to just cruise but you have to stay on the line.
Old 11-14-2008, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by freestyles
Where abouts are you?

I have to admit my G4+ chassis is very stiff but you just run lighter springs to compensate. It's a car that doesn't need to be pushed to go fast. I have found the fastest way around the track is to just cruise but you have to stay on the line.

Netherlands, Holland. Isn't a single shop who is carrying team magic.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I knew you were going to say Netherlands for some reason

Your right X-ray, Mugen or serpent are bigger in that part of the world but you should be able to get whatever you need on the net. I get pretty much everything on line for my G4 but then my LHS for anything else for my other cars. The prices are actually cheaper than getting them locally.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Hi,

No problem with support. We have,

WWW.RCMANUFACTORY.COM

They have a huge inventory of parts, for the G4. Good service too. Can't really go wrong

They don't seam to charge a huge amount for shipping either which was a relief!!

British Menace
Old 11-25-2008, 04:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

We have received a lot of email asking for a simple discription of what makes this kit so different from the other models. It is:

Front suspension: Similar to 1/8 scale on road cars allowing almost infinite roll center adjustments. This is the answer to the "sudden loss of rear traction" issue.

Rear: Similar to the E4 also allowing for almost limitless rear roll center adjustment.

Between the two it allows true front / rear balance adjustment. Our prediction is that this will be copied by more competitors in the near future. One nice thing about this is that it really allows a lot more freedom to tailor the car for any track condition or grip level that changes during the course of the day.

We ( Wolf Hobbies.com ) still have a few of these kits and more on their way. For those of you that want to upgrade your existing cars (G4S and G4RS) but don't want to spring for the whole kit, the Upgrade kit is available for $199.99. Until the end of the month (November 30 2008) anyone who mentions this post in R/C tech will get $50.00 off on the upgrade kit or free shipping on the G4+ EVO. Mention it in the memo field at checkout and you will be refunded the appropriate amount
Enjoy!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.