Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
NovaMega now produces ONLY turbo engines? >

NovaMega now produces ONLY turbo engines?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NovaMega now produces ONLY turbo engines?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default NovaMega now produces ONLY turbo engines?

A friend of mine just purchased NovaMega power pack which includes an SX12. Well he told me that he had to get a turbo SX12 engine because the hobby shop he bought it from told him that NovaMega has discontinued all non-turbo engines and they now produce ONLY turbo engines. I couldn't believe what I was hearing so I called the hobby shop and they told me the same thing.

Now the thing is, the hobby shop still had to order the engine for him, so they could have ordered him a non-turbo engine regardless since they didn't have any NovaMega engines in stock, so that's definitely not the reasoning behind this rumor.

Can someone please confirm if this is true or not? I e-mailed Serpent USA but haven't received a reply yet.

Thanks
Old 09-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Tech Elite

if that is true that would be a bad business decision for Nova Mega. ...turbo plugs is illegal in 1/10 touring in ROAR sanctioned races .
Old 09-26-2003, 02:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly, that's why I am skeptical as to the truth of this. One of the largest classes in all of R/C racing is Nitro Touring in which .12 Turbo engines are illegal, so it just doesn't make sense to me that NovaMega would discontinue their line of standard .12 motors and just produce turbo motors.
Old 09-26-2003, 02:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm going to call up Serpent USA right now and see what they say since they haven't replied to my e-mail yet.

EDIT: Damn they're closed, they close at 3pm est on Fridays .
Old 09-26-2003, 02:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

They have gone to selling the three port turbos with the standard plug and the turbo head in the box so you can have the best of both worlds. The novarossi's I understand are comming this way also. However I would double check.
Old 09-27-2003, 06:23 AM
Tech Elite

Isn't it about time ROAR, as a member bloc of IFMAR, changed their rules to accept turbo plugs?

They established a reasonable set of 200mm rules when IFMAR's rules were sadly lacking. Now they need to get in line with IFMAR.