Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Engine suugestions? O.S into Kyosho FW06. >

Engine suugestions? O.S into Kyosho FW06.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine suugestions? O.S into Kyosho FW06.

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Engine suugestions? O.S into Kyosho FW06.

I recently purchased a FW06 and am looking at upgrading the engine in it. I have been looking at O.S engines and wonder what model .18 i would need. I understand i will need a slide carby, engine mounts and side exit exhaust. What else will i need to mount it?

Excuse my noobness. Ive spent the past few nights sifting through this forum amonst others and am glad i found a group of people that know so much about these things. Im a mechanic myself but this is quite new to me.

What else should i be looking at with these engines? From what i have read they seem to be relatively easy to tune and am using it as a carpark racer till i gather enough knowledge and experience to start racing.

Regards

Matt
Old 08-21-2008, 06:55 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

OS engines are good.

I'm not familiar with the FW06. Why do you need a side exhaust? I believe you can still get manifolds for rear exhaust shaft drive cars. Also why engine mounts? Unless the car has some sort of weird engine in it the stock ones should work.
Old 08-21-2008, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks for the quick reply. The current engine is the GXR15 which doesnt have mounts. it is fastened to the chassis directly. I guess i could go rear engine and use the O.S pipe kit for the FW05RR. I see there are different shaft lengths and am unsure what a pilot shaft is and how they differ.

Matt
Old 08-21-2008, 07:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok, then yes you need engine mounts.

A standard shaft crank is threaded almost it's entire length.

A pilot shaft or SG crank has a few threads close to the bearing and then a smooth shaft the rest of the way to the end. You will need a standard shaft unless you want to change the clutch as well.

If you are not racing and just want to play around with the car an OS .15 or .18 CV side exhaust standard shaft should work great. If you want even more power an .18 TZ should be available with a standard shaft and you will need the rear exhaust pipe as well.

If you want to race you will need a .12 unless your local track allows other motors.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Renault_Tech:

Did you get your engine mounts? If so where did you get them from? wonder if the slide mounts in my GV BV1 might work???

Thanks
Old 10-18-2008, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

I got engine mounts when i got a V-One S3 that had mounts fitted but found an online shop in Melbourne which has engine mounts. i cant remember the name but when i find it, ill post it up.