Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

YIKES i didnt kow that I figured one set your good for the weekend
Old 10-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motojon
YIKES i didnt kow that I figured one set your good for the weekend
It just shifts the money from engines to tires, I'm really surprised that offroad engines are still as inexpensive as they are honestly. Oh yeah and offroad engines get 5+ gallons usually before they start acting up. I won't even take an engine to an offroad race with less than 2 gallons through it. Can we just delete this thread and hope none of the manufacturers read it because I still race offroad too :P
Old 10-14-2008, 05:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

One more thing that is a cause as well. Anyone notice that when there is a off road engine for the most part they will stay with that engine for a few years. While the on roads generally change year to year. Small differences but still changed they spend more time in the on road area other then O.S. and now there on roads are running well also. Just my findings.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xspower
One more thing that is a cause as well. Anyone notice that when there is a off road engine for the most part they will stay with that engine for a few years. While the on roads generally change year to year. Small differences but still changed they spend more time in the on road area other then O.S. and now there on roads are running well also. Just my findings.
This is true, Nova's P5 was the workhorse of the offroad industry for YEARS. Now we have the P5XST, which basically has some different sized bearings and some minor changes. The 367 plus2 is the only engine that could be considered a new design with the o-ringed head but I can't remember when I thought the sleeve wasn't sealing..

OS has had the v-spec for years, in one form of another. the speed is just a modded version of the same engine.