Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
DM-one or GT2... + starter box question - want your input! >

DM-one or GT2... + starter box question - want your input!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DM-one or GT2... + starter box question - want your input!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

yes you can but we find that the car maybe a lil on the heavy side and boogs down the clutch that why we've been running off road engines because they have the torque.
Old 10-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

no your engine should cost around $200, there aren't really any onroad .21 that are available for that kinda money
Old 10-15-2008, 12:32 PM
Tech Rookie

this is going to be a REALLY really fun class of racing, and i hope it builds in popularity
I agree, and I also hope to see it grow. Here locally it does seem to be getting more popular.

I'm an off-roader, who is having a total blast running the GTS class. I've ran on-road in the past, but it just never really clicked for me. Running the 1/8 GT/ITC class at the ROAR Reg. 12 race put on by GLARC was soo much fun, that I've put up the offroad stuff for a bit, and I'm concetrating just on the 1/8 GT/ITS racing for right now...

See everyone at the KO Propo Gran Prix...
Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nitrohouse
I agree, and I also hope to see it grow. Here locally it does seem to be getting more popular.

I'm an off-roader, who is having a total blast running the GTS class. I've ran on-road in the past, but it just never really clicked for me. Running the 1/8 GT/ITC class at the ROAR Reg. 12 race put on by GLARC was soo much fun, that I've put up the offroad stuff for a bit, and I'm concetrating just on the 1/8 GT/ITS racing for right now...

See everyone at the KO Propo Gran Prix...
Hey Off Roader, now you can call your self an all around roader what's up R.B.?
Old 10-15-2008, 01:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Hey Off Roader, now you can call your self an all around roader what's up R.B.?
I like that...Thanks Sam/Nigel (don't know which of you it is)...

Another day wishing I was at the track...lol

Why can't I just get paid to race...Oh yeah, I'm not good enough...lol

Either way, might get some wheel time Sat. at CP, getting it ready to try and see if I can keep up with you fast guys at the KO race...It's going to be a blast...
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
no your engine should cost around $200, there aren't really any onroad .21 that are available for that kinda money
cool i can use my jammin .28

seriously i like the dm-1 spec just wanna know what the rule on the engines but i do have new jpx.28 wonder how it would run in that car
Old 10-15-2008, 06:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Well gentleman, it has been very informative reading all your different posts regarding the GT class, I am leaning towards the purchase of a dm-1 spec and my question is this. How do you all think an OS V-Spec would run in one of these? I have a couple of them laying around that would drop in there nicely. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default IGT/GT2 Class

I am really new to the whole on-road scene. Been racing 1/8 nitro off-road buggy for a while. I recently bought a new Kyosho Audi DTM GT2 car and I am trying to wrap my head around the "class" this car will run in for races. Am I reading the information correct that this will run in the IGT class or the GT class? Clarification requested. Thanks.

P.S. Looking for regional tracks/racing in the Southeast.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sandfan85
Well gentleman, it has been very informative reading all your different posts regarding the GT class, I am leaning towards the purchase of a dm-1 spec and my question is this. How do you all think an OS V-Spec would run in one of these? I have a couple of them laying around that would drop in there nicely. Thanks in advance.
The OS engine should work fine...I am using an older Picco EVO2 and has plenty power for the car.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Elite

Alex,

There is a great deal of "GT" racing in the SouthEast.

Georga & Florida have good groups racing on nice tracks.

In Florida we're racing with the FORGASS State Series on the big tracks. Just had an event at Fort Myers' "The Fort" and next race is at "Kraceway" near Orlando. Kraceway is one of the most awsome tracks in America.

You'd have a great time racing your Audi A4 over there. BTW, you're going to have fun with that car of yours, its a winner!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:18 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by C Verano
The OS engine should work fine...I am using an older Picco EVO2 and has plenty power for the car.
Thanks Chris, Looking forward to racing with you fellas real soon (KO race hopefully)
Old 10-16-2008, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Cool thanks! I look forward to discovering the places to race. I am in Norcross, GA near Atlanta and there is a group of guys that race at an abandon track near here (SugarBowl) but I am wondering outside of Atlanta what there might be. I will check out the Florida tracks, that one sounds awesome in Orlando.
Originally Posted by Jspeed
Alex,

There is a great deal of "GT" racing in the SouthEast.

Georga & Florida have good groups racing on nice tracks.

In Florida we're racing with the FORGASS State Series on the big tracks. Just had an event at Fort Myers' "The Fort" and next race is at "Kraceway" near Orlando. Kraceway is one of the most awsome tracks in America.

You'd have a great time racing your Audi A4 over there. BTW, you're going to have fun with that car of yours, its a winner!
Old 10-16-2008, 09:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Looking at the FORGRASS classes, so the GT2 car would be in the GT SPEC class?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:15 AM
Tech Elite

Raced with the IGT2 at Fort Meyers race #2 & all were cool with it.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Both cars are good, the DM-1 spec a little better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.