Wiki Posts
Search

TEAM ORION X312T

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 09:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default TEAM ORION X312T

Has anyone had much experience with the Team Orion X312T motor? I've got a couple of 1st version Wasp .12's and they're pretty fast but a pain in the butt to tune. I believe these new CRF's are being produced by O. S.??? Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-03-2008, 10:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
Has anyone had much experience with the Team Orion X312T motor? I've got a couple of 1st version Wasp .12's and they're pretty fast but a pain in the butt to tune. I believe these new CRF's are being produced by O. S.??? Any feedback positive or negative would be appreciated.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
I am sure George will be on here soon as I believer he has run the engine. I believe it is made by Picco, not OS. I am not certain of that so I guess we will both find out soon.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Scott, I believe you are correct, ( picco based ) .
Old 10-03-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Scott,

Have you had experience with this motor? Do they compare to say, the Sirio Evo IV Sti or Picco IDM? Are they tough to tune like the 1st version? I know I had to go through the carb changes with the 1st version (needle, venturri) and it was a pain. I still have 2 of the WASP CRF 1st versions, one which has been modified and is extremely fast it just doesn't hold a tune very well.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Tech Master

the x312t is the latest crf motor that made by Toki for Team orion.
it has less agressive porting for better low-middle performance than the 2006-2007 orion versions.it has also some difference in the carb.

the new crf is picco based with crf style crank.there is a thread for this motor so you can see some opinions.
what problems you have with your 1st crf's?
Old 10-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

I would say the biggest problem with the 1st version CRF's which I have are that they are tough to tune and don't hold a tune very well. They also don't have very good throttle control from bottom to top. It's almost like an on off switch. I currently am runnning a Sirio Evo IV Sti and Picco IDM. Both those motors are very fast, are easy to tune, have very good throttle control across the entire rev range and hold their tune very well. I was just wondering if this new version of the CRF is that much better than the 1st versions and how it stacks up to what I am running now?

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey Mate im running the x312t and i have had a couple of them,they are fast motors when clutched and geared properly,i found them easy to tune and reliable.The only problem i ever had with one was the tune would not hold and it came down to a bad front bearing seal.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

yea i got 1, easy as to tune. its way faster than the old CRF, it also holds its tune realy well, it also has awsome power even when the top end is still rich. you cant go wrong with one of these engines.

I thought they where made by Kyosho and Team Orion.

Mitchell
Old 10-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Scott,

Have you had experience with this motor? Do they compare to say, the Sirio Evo IV Sti or Picco IDM? Are they tough to tune like the 1st version? I know I had to go through the carb changes with the 1st version (needle, venturri) and it was a pain. I still have 2 of the WASP CRF 1st versions, one which has been modified and is extremely fast it just doesn't hold a tune very well.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
I don't have one and really haven't even seen them run so I can't answer your questions. I do have the other two engines you have (EVO4 STI and the IDM)
Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The new ones are just a rebadged Picco with an ugly crank...
Old 10-04-2008, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

[quote=Riketsu;4903011]The new ones are just a rebadged Picco with an ugly crank... [/quo

do you know the timings for the crf one?how can be sure about that?
and something else,who cares about beauty?
Old 10-04-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Scott,

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Your IDM is basically the same as the new CRF's except for the crank. If you want a CRF crank, buy one. If you prefer a more traditional style crank then stick with the Picco's.
Old 10-05-2008, 07:48 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wingracer
Your IDM is basically the same as the new CRF's except for the crank. If you want a CRF crank, buy one. If you prefer a more traditional style crank then stick with the Picco's.
So the new CRF's don't have the CRF sleeve with the lines cut into the bottom??? They just have a regular sleeve like the Picco???

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 10-06-2008, 12:02 AM
Tech Lord

So the new CRF's don't have the CRF sleeve with the lines cut into the bottom??? They just have a regular sleeve like the Picco???

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Yes, it is just a normal sleeve.