Search

Full throttle

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 11:16 AM
dvu
Tech Apprentice

Default Full throttle

Hello,

Quick question. If I'm already moving an then I go to full throttle no problem, but if I'm at stop and go full throttle, my car will due. Is it too much gas or not enough gas?

Thanks.
Old 09-27-2008, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Means the low-speed needle is not set right... I cannot tell you if its too lean or too rich by the description your giving me...

The way I usually set the low speed needle is: Start the engine, and get it to operating temperature... Rev it a few times just atleast 1 second after I hear the 2nd gear shifting. Leave it standing still for 10-15 seconds, then go full throttle. If its too rich, your engine wont cleanly rev up. Another way to check if your engine is too lean (LSN), is do the fuel line pinch test. Pinch the fuel line near the carburator inlet and count how many seconds before you hear the engine rev up... If it revs up in less than a second, its too lean... A good low-speed setting should be 2 seconds without hearing the engine rev up.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

if the car is moving and the engine is idle when you give full throttle and the engine does not die, then I'd check the clutch... it may be engaging too soon.